The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are they implementing a fixed version of the streamlined texture loading system in this patch?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
With the last patch they implemented a more efficient texture loading system that had to be reverted due to a bug causing infinite load screens. When the system worked though, it was really a noticeable performance boost, leading to WAY less pop in textures (on xbox one x, at least). Has it been fixed? Will we see it with this patch?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Best Answer

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The improved texture loading won't be implemented in the upcoming update, but possibly one of the updates after Dragon Bones. We're still testing it and making sure it can be re-introduced safely.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • SoulPT
    SoulPT
    ✭✭✭
    I too would like to know this.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on this? I too would like to know.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The improved texture loading won't be implemented in the upcoming update, but possibly one of the updates after Dragon Bones. We're still testing it and making sure it can be re-introduced safely.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, Thanks!
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on January 16, 2018 4:55PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is such a sad news... Might even mean my departure from eso.

Playing on an original Xbox from Brazil with 300ms latency, performance has been abysmal since Morrowind came.

The CWC patch was close to a miracle for me. I could finally reach top end dps parses, play vMA without lags or teleporting or delays, trials had awesome FPS, I went from one crash every 2 hours to almost 0 crashes...

Then the patch that fixed pvp loading screens and reverted the improvements managed to make the performance even worse than previous CWC. VMA and Sanctum are on the verge of unplayability.

I had high hopes for this next patch to reintroduce the improvements...
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    That is such a sad news... Might even mean my departure from eso.

Playing on an original Xbox from Brazil with 300ms latency, performance has been abysmal since Morrowind came.

The CWC patch was close to a miracle for me. I could finally reach top end dps parses, play vMA without lags or teleporting or delays, trials had awesome FPS, I went from one crash every 2 hours to almost 0 crashes...

Then the patch that fixed pvp loading screens and reverted the improvements managed to make the performance even worse than previous CWC. VMA and Sanctum are on the verge of unplayability.

I had high hopes for this next patch to reintroduce the improvements...

Agreed. The game played beautifully, briefly. Pretty unbelievable how long it's taking them to re-implement this optimization. Too busy working on nerfs that nobody wanted I guess. ;)
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just add it back, no one plays pvp anyways.
    TrollFace.jpg
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe you stated that the textures were removed because it introduced loading screens. I'm sure in certain circumstances that it did. The fact is that loading screen anywhere have not changed. The main, persistent complaint of loading screens was around before anything with the textures was changed. I actually thought that the improved texture loading was the fix for it.

If you are in a party AND you invite someone to your "raid" AND when they run up they are invisible, you WILL get an infinite loading screen if you use a Forward Camp or Transitus shrine. The in game workaround is having the player run far away, and run back to reload their texture. Then people can use Transitus and Camps without loading Screens. This specific problem is where the focus needs to be, as far as loading screens go.

@ZOS_Wrobel

**loading screen link for refere@wrobban https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4660293#Comment_4660293
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you reintroduce this, can you combine with a change to allow those of us with large amounts of memory on our graphics cards to cache far more textures? I have a 1080 Ti with 11 GB memory, and ESO only maxes out at about 3 or so (talking graphics memory here, not system memory).

FYI, I put in a ticket about it, but you guys told me to ask nVidia to address it....................................................... I swear I'm not making this up -- I gave up after the 5th or so person told me this.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!