The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quest Progression Block: The Fangs of Sithis

Calor
Calor
I am currently attempting to complete "The Fangs of Sithis" quest, but on the step "Stop Barvyn," Barvyn will not spawn. I have tried everything I can think of, and still no luck.

Help please!!
  • BrotherBear
    BrotherBear
    ✭✭
    I got disconnected during the fight with Barvyn and he would not respawn. I sent a /bug, logged out multiple times and nothing happened. I teleported to a wayshrine, entered the tunnels again and he was at the beginning and ran off normally. After fighting my way through to the end he did not spawn, it was a "new" instance I assume since all the barrels and crates were full. It was only after I logged out for over 20 minutes. When I logged back in (logged out inside the last chamber were he spawns), I was placed outside the tunnels beside Looks. When I went back in and through the tunnels that last time, he was at the end waiting for me. If the "fix" for a quest is "log out for a while" then the quest is broken. This is a broken quest npc.

"But you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons...
    Go murder a clown
    ."
    ―Festus Krex
  • Calor
    Calor
    I logged and checked awhile later, still broken. However, I used zone chat and found someone who was on the same quest. I traveled into the ruins through them and he was at the end.
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭
    i still cant complete this quest its completely bugged
  • Alaani87
    Alaani87
    Soul Shriven
    So this bug is still alive and well. Got past the guardians, died, went through again, no guardian respawn, no Barvyn. Had to exit zone to Looks and start all over.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I am just experiencing this bug !
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We're checking into this issue. I know in the past we've had difficulty reproducing it on our internal servers. Are there any additional details you can provide about you play through?

In the meantime, I'd suggest leaving the instance for 15 minutes and returning. This should reset the quest and instance and hopefully resolve the issue causing Barvyn to not spawn in.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post