The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CROWN GIFTING DENIED ON MY EXTRA ACCTS - AFTER REQUESTING?

Alastrine
Alastrine
✭✭✭✭
I've been playing since the game started.
Over the years I have accumulated 12 accounts. 3 are what I would call 'main' ones. the rest only have 1-3 characters on them and for the purposes of ...
1) Mainly doing crafty writs and passing mats and such to my main accounts who are in guild stores
2) I do use them to form a couple of my own guilds for private guild banks etc.

ALL of these accounts were PURCHASED, none were started during 'free' weekends.
ALL are older than 180 days - in fact, pretty much all the characters are 9 TRAIT CRAFTERS - I spend enough time on them to get them there.
ALL are logged into pretty much EVERY SINGLE DAY, to do the writs,
ALL participate in events, earn tickets, have bought houses, etc.
ALL on occasion have purchased crowns to buy DLCs etc.

Once or twice a year, for the big events, I sub ALL 12 accounts. The main 3 are subbed year round, so I sub the other 9 to clean up inventories and to make it easier to hold all the goodies from an event. Often I would like to use the crowns they earn to gift an item to one of my main accounts, or to one of my sons who play (and are both subbed as well).
When I sub them all for a month that is over $240 dollars.

My 3 main accounts can all gift crowns.
The other 9 cannot.
So, as the fact sheet says, I sent in a ticket and requested they be allowed to gift.
ALL 9 were denied.
This is the ridiculous answer I got....

"Greetings,
We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your request to activate Gifting on your account.
Your account must show consistent game play activity and/or be active in an in-game ESO community prior to submitting your application to be considered for eligibility to participate in the ESO gifting program.
If you wish to appeal this decision or if there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know by replying back to this ticket.
If you would like to provide feedback regarding the Gifting in The Elder Scrolls Online you can do so here: Feedback and Suggestions about ESO

Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

"must show consistent game play activity"??????
What do you call being logged into and played every single day? Participating in events? Just how much activity would you like?

Yes, I have replied - strongly - to every single one of the 9 tickets, but I'm posting here too.

ZoS, unless you have some kind of proof or indication that these accounts have been used for something wrong, or against your TOS or whatever, there is no fair reason that I should not be able to use the crowns they earn as I see fit.
You are happy to take my money to buy the accounts, to sub them when I do, to buy crowns for them when I do, etc., never see an objection for any of those things.

Oh, and just to add to it, I got an email for each of them inviting me to participate in a survey.... but when I click on the link for it I get this message..

"Error: This page is unavailable because you are no longer the primary contact for this incident."

Absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.
Oh, and yea.... clicking on the feedback link just went back to support for another ticket.
Unless it changes guess I won't bother subbing my spare accounts or buying crowns with them any longer.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 28, 2024 12:58PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you said that 3 are subbed all year long and 3 can gift. I think your answer is there.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you said that 3 are subbed all year long and 3 can gift. I think your answer is there.

Try reading it all again.
    3 are subbed all year long, the other 9 are subbed occasionally. BUT ARE PLAYED EVERY DAY.
    They also purchase crown packs on occasion to buy DLCs for themselves but it doesn't always use every crown they buy so I'd like to use them to gift my other accounts - even so much as a ticket during an event if another account is short.
    And at any rate, it doesn't even matter. They are my accounts. They have crowns on them that I paid for and should be able to use where I see fit.

And being subbed all year shouldn't matter a hill of beans whether an account can gift. Lots don't sub but will buy crown packs when on sale and might like to gift another account they own, or a friend, whatever.

So no, the answer is not there but thanks.
    Edited by Alastrine on March 28, 2024 5:36AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You in a guild? They want you in an in game community that you're active in. I resubbed in August and applied for gifting in I think October. My account dates to 2013. I'm active in three guilds. I don't really do much of the in game events though. I was approved.

I log in every day for *hours *.

There's gotta be something. And it might be something different than those, as they don't give out the full list.
  • Praid_Crimson
    Praid_Crimson
    ✭✭
    Got same anwser... log every day, have 5k hours played, paid for the subscription, and same sh*** "Your account must show consistent game play activity and/or be active in an in-game ESO community prior to submitting your application to be considered for eligibility to participate in the ESO gifting program.", sent them screenshots more than week ago and got 0 anwser....
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    You in a guild? They want you in an in game community that you're active in. I resubbed in August and applied for gifting in I think October. My account dates to 2013. I'm active in three guilds. I don't really do much of the in game events though. I was approved.

There's gotta be something. And it might be something different than those, as they don't give out the full list.

I think you've hit the nail on the head... playing a character for an unspecified minimum amount of time and doing specific game play, i.e., quests, overland, harvesting, decorating, dungons/trials, pvp, etc.

What doesn't seem to satisfy the criteria is logging into accounts for 1 minute to collect daily rewards, or logging through multiple characters for 2 minutes each for daily writs, or logging in characters during events only.

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. Tired of foolin' with this issue and getting no where with support.
    We Know...
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I gave up on gifting anything anymore.

I don't know why they would care since the credits are purchased.

You would think the players would be able to spend them on whatever character they wish.

:#
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's important to remember how we got here.

ZOS was dealing with massive fraud and was forced to turn off Crown Crate gifting for a very long time and eventually turned off all forms of gifting for a while.

This solution was crafted to allow for them to turn gifting systems back on, using non-publicized qualifying criteria (so that the fraudsters can't easily figure out how to get around the new criteria).

The situations described here are frustrating, to be sure. If you have main account(s) that qualify, sending in a ticket for your others with proof of ownership should result in them activating your other accounts.

Hopefully improvements will come (while keeping the system as bulletproof as possible). Overall, I'm sure we all agree this system is preferable to gifting being turned off globally.

Trust and believe, ZOS certainly wants the revenue this generates. :wink:

There's every incentive for them to make gifting on legit accounts as widely available as possible...

Edited by hiyde on March 28, 2024 8:11AM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    I have accumulated 12 accounts.

12 accounts you have. 1 hour of playing time per account would be 12 hours. Don't tell me you play more than 1 hour per day on those 9 extra accounts as you would need a 48 hours day.

1 hour of playing time (or less - probably you play a lot less and maybe some days you even log in for just minutes) per account is nothng. Even scammers surely play more time than that.

I'm sure playing time is what is preventing your 9 extra accounts from getting crown gifting.

It's as easy as 3 extra accounts (with regular playing time) got accepted and 9 accounts (with less playing time) got denied.

Reason is clear.
    Edited by Dragonnord on March 28, 2024 10:31AM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

12 accounts you have. 1 hour of playing time per account would be 12 hours. Don't tell me you play more than 1 hour per day on those 9 extra accounts as you would need a 48 hours day.

1 hour of playing time (or less - probably you play a lot less and maybe some days you even log in for just minutes) per account is nothng. Even scammers surely play more time than that.

I'm sure playing time is what is preventing your 9 extra accounts from getting crown gifting.

It's as easy as 3 extra accounts (with regular playing time) got accepted and 9 accounts (with less playing time) got denied.

Reason is clear.

I play every account every day. Unless you are sitting somewhere in my house don't tell me differently.
    I made it very clear that 9 accounts only have one or two characters on them. And they do crafting writs and dailies.
    Of course I don't play for an hour on every account, don't be daft. Doing crafting writs takes only a couple of minutes lol.
    But still, they are logged into every day and they do a game activity.

And really.... why should that even matter. Why should anything matter except that they are legitimately my accounts and any crowns on them are paid for through the crown store.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    I think it's important to remember how we got here.

ZOS was dealing with massive fraud and was forced to turn off Crown Crate gifting for a very long time and eventually turned off all forms of gifting for a while.

This solution was crafted to allow for them to turn gifting systems back on, using non-publicized qualifying criteria (so that the fraudsters can't easily figure out how to get around the new criteria).

The situations described here are frustrating, to be sure. If you have main account(s) that qualify, sending in a ticket for your others with proof of ownership should result in them activating your other accounts.

Hopefully improvements will come (while keeping the system as bulletproof as possible). Overall, I'm sure we all agree this system is preferable to gifting being turned off globally.

Trust and believe, ZOS certainly wants the revenue this generates. :wink:

There's every incentive for them to make gifting on legit accounts as widely available as possible...

If it's a matter of ownership ZoS can EASILY see that they are all in the same name, same address, same billing system.
    They can see how they were purchased and how every crown or sub they ever had was purchased - the same way using the same billing methods. They can easily see if I have likely bought crowns/gifts from ingame or elsewhere or if it appears that I have - they won't. Any gifts these accounts received came from one of my other accounts nowhere else.

I'm aware of why they turned off Crown gifting. I don't mind that I had to submit a ticket requesting these accounts be enabled. I have done all that. Now, since I have made the request, they needed to do their due diligence with those requests, verify ownership and purchase history. They aren't.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAYBE THEY WERE UPSET BY YOUR SHOUTING AT THEM IN YOUR EMAILS?
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

These accounts are in their own group of guilds as there is enough of them to do that, as I said.
    I come back to the fact, it shouldn't matter what I do on the accounts if there is nothing 'strange' going on with them. Are they accumulating large amounts of crowns? No, never. Are they botting or anything like that? No, never. They do crafting writs. Some questing. Event activities.
    Why should I not be able to use my accounts in any legitimate fashion I want and use any of the few crowns they get any way I want.
    Good heavens, these accounts have never had many crowns on them. Not like my main that will purchase 60K-70K when the sales are on - from the crown store and nowhere else. These accounts never even accumulate gold on them.
    For instance, each of them now has at least 1650 crowns because they were subbed for one month for the events. Wow, 1650 crowns. Some might have a couple hundred more than that.
    Some events I don't care much for - pvp ones, etc. I'd like to use those few crowns to gift my main even tickets since those ones I don't want to participate in every single day. Can't do that. And that's wrong.

I think what the problem is is that these requests are hardly even looked at. There is some algorithm they are using and its faulty. They aren't individually considered as they would have us believe - they probably don't have the manpower for that. And that's what they need to fix.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone has been playing as much as I have since the game came out....
    Has spent as much as I have.. in subs, in crown store.
    And none of the accounts in my name has ever made 'questionable' crown gifts to random players, or bought the same back from random players but only ever worked within accounts all in my name...
    Have in fact never done anything questionable.

They can verify all that in a heartbeat - if there is actually a human looking at these requests.

Then there should be nothing held against any of my accounts. Regardless of if they only do writs every day. Regardless of if they are 'active in the community'. I shouldn't even have to log in to them every day. Shouldn't have to fit any criteria other than that they have never done anything 'suspicious' when it comes to crowns, gifts, and where they got them from. Which they haven't.

And that would go for anyone in the same boat.

That's the problem here.

If they can't gift then I never sub them again - I've already cancelled those 9 accounts for the renewal sub I was planning for the anniversary event. There's no point to have crowns sitting on them I can't use the way I want.
    I'm sure it will be okay if/when I drop another $200-$300 during the next crown sale though, on my main ones.

• Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »

Odd, I've never emailed ZoS.
    Unfortunately there is only forum posts and support tickets.
    Capitalization is also used to highlight certain points - since so so so many don't even read the whole thing but just skim across it... evidenced by some of the replies in threads on the forum.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »

Maybe they wouldn't get shouts if they didn't treat long-term fanatically loyal customers as criminals, while the bad guys continue to get away with what they want regardless of reports or evidence.

Khajiit is also in this boat, albeit with a much smaller cabin. 1 Main account, 1 Alt account. Main has nearly 17k hours, alt only about 1.2k hours. Cannot gift from alt even just to main, so 20k crowns are rotting on it.

This also dissuades khajiit from various future financial commitments - for instance, khajiit will probably not be partaking in "Valley Girl Daedra Adventures -OH MER GERD-" this year.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

Reason is clear.

I play every account every day. Unless you are sitting somewhere in my house don't tell me differently.
    I made it very clear that 9 accounts only have one or two characters on them. And they do crafting writs and dailies.
    Of course I don't play for an hour on every account, don't be daft. Doing crafting writs takes only a couple of minutes lol.
    But still, they are logged into every day and they do a game activity.

And really.... why should that even matter. Why should anything matter except that they are legitimately my accounts and any crowns on them are paid for through the crown store.

Where do I say you don't play your account every day? I said you don't play enough time on 9 of them.

Again: 3 extra accounts (with regular playing time) got accepted while 9 accounts (with less playing time) got denied.

Clear as crystal to me.

And why it matters, I'm sure ZOS has its reasons (that, by the way, they explained they won't tell us so those reasons can't be used by bad actors to bypass the system), and so I support them since they completely stopped the scamming and fraud that were happening with crowns.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hey there,

Due to there already being a thread discussing Crown Gifting, we are going to close this down so that you may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.