The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Access to my Guild Bank and all Guild Traders not possible

Cathmor
Cathmor
✭✭✭
Hi all, Merry Christmas,

I seem to be having a problem with my own Guild Bank and other Guild's Stores i.e. their Guild Traders.

When interacting with any Banker, the option to access my Guild Bank (my own Guild, 11 Members, Guild Bank is enabled) does not appear (neither the Guild Store which usually offers a Tabard); when interacting with any Guild Trader, the option to access their Guild Store does not appear, it's just "Goodbye".

This happens since yesterday 25 December PM, on three of my total four Accounts which are all Members of this Guild, on one Account everything is working just fine.

I already reported this as a bug (231226-000899, Impairs Functionality, UI, Other), but often enough I'm just stupid and it's my own fault, does anyone have an idea?

The Guild UI itself is unaffected, although for Heraldry "Apply Changes" is not possible, the Game states that the required amount of 1000 Gold is not available in the Guild Bank (actually there's 79500 Gold in the Guild Bank).
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 9, 2024 5:26PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you able
    To chat in guild chat etc? It may be a social ban if you arent able to use guild bank and store functions
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open a ticket with customer support and explain the situation.

It may take a couple days for it to get resolved.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    I can write in Guild Chat and the others can read it.

Funny enough though, the others do not receive what I /tell or /say to them (but I receive their /tells and see what they /say).

This is the same for all three Accounts that are affected as mentioned, the unaffected Account can /tell and /say something.

I'm quite sure that I didn't misbehave, and not with Characters in all three Accounts anyway.
    Edited by Cathmor on December 26, 2023 12:46PM
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. If using Addons I suggest turning them all off, reload U.I. and try again.
    Options
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not using any Add-On at all.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Interesting. If using Addons I suggest turning them all off, reload U.I. and try again.

The support knowledge base is strangely silent on what players have come to call a "social ban."

Thankfully, players will come forward and tell people what they think is going on and what to do about it. We should not have to do that. It really should be something people not on the forum can search for.

My recommendation:
    1) open ticket to explain problem
    2) if still a problem three days after the start, make sure to keep the ticket active
    3) if it resolves itself, or if some local cause is found (add-on, reboot computer, reboot router, open ports on router, etc) then just cancel the ticket.

Edited by Elsonso on December 26, 2023 1:47PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does sound like a social ban, you didn't by any chance use those accounts to mass mail Xmas Messages or presents, cos that could've easily triggered one? 🙁
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    No.

If indeed something like a "social ban" exists, that restricts your interaction with others, including Guild Traders - I might have disturbed someone else's game experience yesterday (by auto-declining their invitation to duel), maybe they reported me for being rude.
    Edited by Cathmor on December 26, 2023 4:07PM
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry you will soon get an answer from Zos saying ' we made a slight adjustment to your account '
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathmor wrote: »
    No.

If indeed something like a "social ban" exists, that restricts your interaction with others, including Guild Traders - I might have disturbed someone else's game experience yesterday (by auto-declining their invitation to duel), maybe they reported me for being rude.

As someone who’s had a few I can confirm that social bans are a thing. Zeni is quiet on exactly what will trigger one, because that knowledge will be used to circumvent the triggers by bad actors, but from talk amongst trade guild leaders and officers over the years, and bits of info gleaned from our ticket responses, we have a few known causes.

It’s very unlikely to be from a report and far more likely to have been a series of activities that made them suspect botting or gold selling. Especially since it hit multiple of your accounts, consider what steps you did the same on each of those.

Those include a high volume of guild bank transactions, a high volume of mail transactions, and a REALLY high volume of chat transactions. Also lower volume but consistent transactions like mailing items and/or gold.

The automated social bans are meant to prevent (as much) botting profits and RMT, and less frequently to stop chat spam/harassment. Most auto expire in 3 days unless the transactions were suspect enough to be flagged for manual review.

Anecdotally I think that may have loosened the triggers for GMs and officers in large trade guilds because it’s been a few years since I heard of anyone getting social bans in the middle of an auction or raffle. That used to happen semi-regularly and was super frustrating.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be anything like this, really. I'm the quiet type, questing, flower picking and some such.

Thanks for all your replies anyway!

I'll keep the Ticket going, you keep fingers crossed for me ;)
    Options
  • Cathmor
    Cathmor
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, after exactly 3 days everything is back to normal, I assume it expired automatically as @Reverb suggested.

I still don't know the reason, but I actually did something "high volume" - I turned in a whole bunch of master scripts that I had been saving for the double XP event. There should be an exception for this kind of activity :)

Thank you again and Happy Holidays!
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding your guild back situation.

With this issue resolving itself for the OP, we will now close the discussion from any further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.