The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Life Festival starting this Thursday?

ApoAlaia
ApoAlaia
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm a bit... twitchy that they haven't announced it yet as far as I can tell.

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 13, 2023 3:22PM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you twitchy?
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's supposed to be in late December sooo that would be the 21st.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you twitchy?

Because I wouldn't put it past them to go 'oopsie, we've cut it a week short, thank you for your patience'?
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Well that would be a first:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:New_Life_Festival
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We haven't announced dates for the event yet. We are working on announcement article stuff now. So keep your eyes open for the next week or so for more info.

But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're doing this like we did the Halloween Event, people got antsy cause they expected "late" to be the middle of the month.

For reference
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7977253#Comment_7977253

They didn't cut it short either, they just had it run later into the next month.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We haven't announced dates for the event yet. We are working on announcement article stuff now. So keep your eyes open for the next week or so for more info.

But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths.

Will there be any maintenance windows that might impact ticket acquisition? Has that been ironed out this time around?
    Edited by Destai on December 11, 2023 5:32PM
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Thanks for the update Kevin.

Said that if it doesn't run from the 14th of December to the 2nd of January it may still be 'inline with your other event lengths' (which usually run for 13 days) but it will be shorter than every other New Life event which historically has run for 20 days.

As you can see 'It will be inline with our other event lengths' along with 'keep your eyes open for the next week or so' doesn't quite put my mind at ease.

I could infer that it may run from the 21st to the 9th but given that it would be completely out of line with the preceding 7 New Life events I would really need to stretch my wishful thinking for that one.

To clarify further why this makes me twitchy:

60 is not divisible by 13, and I do need each one of those 60 tickets this year.

Furthermore a week of 2XP, more so now that we cannot 'bank' the XP buff like we could before, matters to me.

Might not matter to everyone but it definitely matters to me and my 'targets' for this year.

Edited by ApoAlaia on December 11, 2023 6:05PM
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Why are you twitchy?

Because I wouldn't put it past them to go 'oopsie, we've cut it a week short, thank you for your patience'?

the q4 schedule says late December, other years it said mid December that's why I'm guessing 21 December
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you twitchy?

the q4 schedule says late December, other years it said mid December that's why I'm guessing 21 December

I do hope that it runs until the 9th of January then and I am reading too much into Kevin's way of wording his answer.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if it started this Thursday and went through January 2nd, rather than next week through the 9th. IMHO, such events are more fun before and during the holiday than lingering long after. But I will be glad for the tickets whenever I can get them! :)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if it started this Thursday and went through January 2nd, rather than next week through the 9th. IMHO, such events are more fun before and during the holiday than lingering long after.

I agree. This "late December" schedule change is not really ideal if the intent is to run it later into January.

I think they are just going to trim a week off and make it in line with the other 2 week events, though. Also not ideal, in my book.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best things about New Life was the opportunity to catch up on fragments that you missed during other events. The length of New Life meant I could do things like ignore IC tickets and know that I could catch up at Christmas where there were more tickets and I had more time to play.

If it is a change to bring the event into line with other event lengths that would be an unimpressive change...
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say we wait and see, people are focused on one half of the line.

"But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths. "

The first part says, "We are not cutting the event short"

That's pretty clear, as for the second line "inline with our other event lengths" people are reading it as other non-New Life events. Who is to say that they didn't mean "inline with our other New Life event lengths"?

We won't know anything until the event drops, so we just have to wait.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

"But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths. "

That's pretty clear, as for the second line "inline with our other event lengths" people are reading it as other non-New Life events. Who is to say that they didn't mean "inline with our other New Life event lengths"?

It would have been just as easy to reply 'it will be in line with our previous New Life events' which leaves no room for speculation or doubt.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heinousmoz wrote: »
    One of the best things about New Life was the opportunity to catch up on fragments that you missed during other events. The length of New Life meant I could do things like ignore IC tickets and know that I could catch up at Christmas where there were more tickets and I had more time to play.

If it is a change to bring the event into line with other event lengths that would be an unimpressive change...

Exactly. Moreover, they know perfectly well that many people do this, so it would be kind of a garbage move to make that kind of change without announcing it, or at least hinting at it, far in advance.
    Options
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    : |
    Good gods.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So where are we collecting with torched and pitchforks?
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I mean... in my opinion they do announce their events fairly late, buut they did announce it would start late december. They would have said mid december if it was this week.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

If that's what they meant, they should've said that.

I don't think it's unfair to ask for more precise language and clarification. It's hard not to read into it, the language feels very careful and curt. I've seen that flavor from them before, when we got "something address to the sentiment" instead of a Q&A. Experiences like that made me wary when they use vague language.

I get they're still ironing out the details, but not all events have the same lengths. It's the last event of the year, so of course people are looking for details on it. For many players, there's a lot of planning that goes into this. Like some others have said, they've shaped their previous event participation around this event, based on certain assumptions. Others are community leaders that begin planning guild events around this. Having only days notice to plan that, along with the uncertainty around the event's duration, creates stress for people.
    Edited by Destai on December 11, 2023 10:28PM
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood all of the cloak and dagger with when events will start. Setting the dates is not a complicated process and they could be determined, set and released for the full year. Other games manage to do this on a regular basis and there is no reason it can't be done for ESO. All it takes is a little organization and planning.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sort of looking forward to New Life. I say it that way.... because honestly? I'm "evented out" this year. Fortunately, I need only 20 tickets on one account, both PC megaservers. And - that's a good thing. Because I really do need an "event break"....

Seriously. I've put off setting up my new computer because of the holidays.... and that includes what goes on in game. January will be soon enough.... unless this 9 year old dinosaur decides not to work before then.
    Edited by TaSheen on December 12, 2023 12:44AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually prefer it to run further into January because I'm always away from home for the later part of December. If it ran from the 21st to the 2nd I'd get part of 1 day to play the event.

If it runs from the 14th I can probably fit in a bit of time on the 17th, 19th and 20th as well, but if it ran until the 9th I'd have 6 evenings (or 5 since I assume one will be maintenance).

Of course I don't expect them to schedule their events around me, but I suspect I'm not the only one in a similar position so while it might be fun thematically to have it almost entirely in December it might be more convenient to have it later. Also New Life is supposed to be New Years day so putting that in the middle of the event would work well lore-wise.
    Edited by Danikat on December 12, 2023 12:49AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about an event.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do hope that it runs until the 9th of January then and I am reading too much into Kevin's way of wording his answer.

Don't blame Kevin, though.
    He is restricted to Corporate-speak by TPTB.

PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • ZOS_Volpe
      ZOS_Volpe
      admin
      Hi there,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Options
      Staff Post
    • Imfhiosach
      Imfhiosach
      ✭✭
      It would have been neat to see it start on the 14th so that it coincides with the Holiday Cooking Twitch on Friday, but there might be a maintenance chunk ZOS would like to get out of the way prior to the event start, so I can easily understand pushing the start out to the 21st (and then it starts on the Solstice, which is kinda neat tbh)

Cheers to Kevin for keeping us posted the best he can!
      Options
    • Melissa1414
      Melissa1414
      ✭✭
      Waiting til last minute to announce events and making everyone live in wonder is very annoying. This has always been like this if memory serves. Most other games I played never leave their players in the dark.
      Options
    • Sachsen71
      Sachsen71
      ✭✭✭
      2016: Dec. 15 - Jan. 4
      2017: Dec. 14 - Jan. 2
      2018: Dec. 13 - Jan. 2
      2019: Dec. 19 - Jan. 2
      2020: Dec. 17 - Jan. 5
      2021: Dec. 16 - Jan. 4
      2022: Dec. 15 - Jan. 4
      2023: ???

@ZOS_Kevin , if y'all wait until the 21st to start it, it will be the latest it's ever started. And if you end it on Jan. 2nd, it will be the shortest festival ever.

The fact that it is the 13th today and y'all STILL haven't announced the dates yet is, frankly, pathetic. I wish I could sit in on the meeting of the minds that the ZOS managers have where they discuss why it has to be a big secret to keep the player base hanging like this. NOBODY likes ZOS's policy about this.

I'm so tired of this BS. I love this game but stuff like this is so infuriating.
      Options
    • CrashTest
      CrashTest
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It would be nice if it started this Thursday and went through January 2nd, rather than next week through the 9th. IMHO, such events are more fun before and during the holiday than lingering long after. But I will be glad for the tickets whenever I can get them! :)

💯

I hope it starts tomorrow the 14th and runs its full length into just after the New Year on Jan 2 like every other year. Starting late then going off into the second week of January seems off.
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      As someone in the discord pointed out, based on the announcement for this item:

6fki7hynvyhw.png

It could run from Monday the 18th to January the 3rd.

There is a precedent (as pointed out by @Sachsen71 above) in the 2019 NL event, which ended up being both the shortest to date and the one with the most earnable tickets.

I just wish it didn't have to be like this - pondering, speculating, doing guesswork on the 11th hour - because somehow we are underserving of anything remotely resembling a calendar.
      Options