Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [EXTENDED] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Life Festival starting this Thursday?

• Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    Just me who is really bummed out if the event is delayed until after the weekend/later this month? I'm just glad that I didn't take time off work tomorrow as planned. If it will extend to the 9th I will however loose out of several days of tickets (compared to it starting today) so that's bummer number two. Hoping there will be some more information soon.
    Options
  • zsitvaij
    zsitvaij
    ✭✭✭
    Mrrshaw wrote: »
    If it will extend to the 9th I will however loose out of several days of tickets (compared to it starting today) so that's bummer number two. Hoping there will be some more information soon.

My crystal ball says it'll run 21st to 2nd, so no worries there. ;)
    Options
  • Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    zsitvaij wrote: »
    If it will extend to the 9th I will however loose out of several days of tickets (compared to it starting today) so that's bummer number two. Hoping there will be some more information soon.

So, perhaps even worse than what I'm dreading? :'(
    Guessing that would leave to an outcry as everyone would loose out on potentially 20 tickets.
    I just have to wait and see, huh? *sigh*
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zsitvaij wrote: »

So, perhaps even worse than what I'm dreading? :'(
    Guessing that would leave to an outcry as everyone would loose out on potentially 20 tickets.
    I just have to wait and see, huh? *sigh*

In 2019 they gave 2 tickets for the first event quest and 3 additional tickets for killing a WB making a total of 5 per day to make up for the shorter duration.

Still would be a loss [to me] due to the shorter 2XP bonus though.

However what frustrates me most at this point is the fact that is the 14th of December and we still have not the foggiest what their plans are.

Edited by ApoAlaia on December 14, 2023 2:36PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up since it's being discussed that this year's New Life Festival will start next Thursday, December 21 with the corresponding article with all the details being published early next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up since it's being discussed that this year's New Life Festival will start next Thursday, December 21 with the corresponding article with all the details being published early next week.

Does that means that crowns also won't go on sale until next week?
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Gina.

At least we have an actual starting date.
    Options
  • Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    Glad to get solid confirmation on start-date (thank you Gina), sad that I will have to wait another week.
    Time to put in vacation for next Friday!
    Options
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is one of the new QOL improvements for 2023 guys. Stop complaining. Less events, for shorter durations, and more in the crown store! Go buy them crowns!!

This has been a year of one cut after another to the player base.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    It is one of the new QOL improvements for 2023 guys. Stop complaining. Less events, for shorter durations, and more in the crown store! Go buy them crowns!!

we haven't had less events and the event will merely be a week later than usual.
    we have 11 events in 2023 just like other years.

i dont really get why there's surprise about it being 21 December as the event schedule was posted two months ago and said late December,
    if it has to start on a Thursday and include Christmas(it seems kinda christmas or Yule themed) it could only really be 21 December.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644752/2023-q4-event-schedule-october-through-december
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • TonyH196
    TonyH196
    LunaFlora wrote: »

we haven't had less events and the event will merely be a week later than usual.

i dont really get why there's surprise about it being 21 December as the event schedule was posted two months ago and said late December,
    if it has to start on a Thursday and include Christmas(it seems kinda christmas or Yule themed) it could only really be 21 December.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644752/2023-q4-event-schedule-october-through-december

over the last few years, it was always held earlier than the 21st so the length of the event should still hold for the same amount of time
    2016: Dec. 15 - Jan. 4
    2017: Dec. 14 - Jan. 2
    2018: Dec. 13 - Jan. 2
    2019: Dec. 19 - Jan. 2
    2020: Dec. 17 - Jan. 5
    2021: Dec. 16 - Jan. 4
    2022: Dec. 15 - Jan. 4
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TonyH196 wrote: »

over the last few years, it was always held earlier than the 21st so the length of the event should still hold for the same amount of time

yea it'll likely be till January 9 :)

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, the fun anticipation of the holiday is now, not after the holiday has come and gone. Work starts on Jan. 2, school starts on the 3rd, and it's back to the regular old grind.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will likely be until the first week in January. It will be an exception if it runs later than that. Based on previous NL events.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 16, 2023 8:09PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the heads up! And maybe you missed it, but a few of us were asking for clarity on the event's duration. Kevin had said:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We haven't announced dates for the event yet. We are working on announcement article stuff now. So keep your eyes open for the next week or so for more info.

But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths.

Is other events "all other events" or "previous New Life events"?

Hopefully we can have more clear language in the future.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Dec 21st — Jan 2nd

Haven’t this year’s morphs required fewer fragments and thus fewer tickets than previous years? On top of that, event items rotate through the Impressario’s assistant, so there will be another chance for those who missed a lot or won’t be able to log on much during the event anyway.

It is a holiday event for fun flavor, not the type of event or activity you were grind for things, at least not that I’m aware. IMHO, two weeks and ending shortly after the holidays is fine, although starting a bit earlier and therefore going a bit longer would I thought have been ideal.

Still, we don’t yet know the details, and if the dates or ticket amounts are other than one would like, no need to feel pressured to buy tickets, but prioritize what you want most and wait until any collectibles you didn’t get come around again. That is my plan. :)
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

It will likely be until the first week in January. It will be an exception if it runs later than that.

this year's festival being in late December is already an exception to previous years' mid December.

we'll see the official timeframe in the announcement article early next week as Gina said so in a few days we'll know for certain.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know 7 days ahead!
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The late start this year sucks. If it runs until Jan 9th to compensate for a late start then that's just weird and will feel off to login to because it's way past the holiday and New Years celebrations.

As others have said, now is the holiday season and it runs until Jan 2 or 3 at latest.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It starts Thursday, or ESO Hub are incorrect: https://eso-hub.com/en/events/new-life-festival
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 16, 2023 9:37PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    It starts Thursday, or ESO Hub are incorrect: https://eso-hub.com/en/events/new-life-festival

unless its from an official ZOS rep the source is not guaranteed to be correct.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

it is correct as that's the date Gina gave :)

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

I know, that's why I used the word "or".
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 17, 2023 4:17AM
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering why ZOS don't announce these events sooner, so people with various real life commitments have a better chance of planning their participation in these events. It's less than a week until the event starts (if we believe some unofficial sources), but elderscrollsonline.com has yet to create a page for this year's event. That's pretty poor.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why ZOS don't announce these events sooner, so people with various real life commitments have a better chance of planning their participation in these events. It's less than a week until the event starts (if we believe some unofficial sources), but elderscrollsonline.com has yet to create a page for this year's event. That's pretty poor.

gina said that it'll be 21 December a few days ago(14 December) on this post and i quoted it above your previous comment.

here it is again.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

gina said that it'll be 21 December a few days ago(14 December) on this post and i quoted it above your previous comment.

here it is again.
    So what about the players who aren't on this forum and don't read it? They're not going to know the date until only days before the event, so my above point is still relevant. Better communication of these events (in fact, better communication in general) would be preferable.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

here it is again.
    So what about the players who aren't on this forum and don't read it? They're not going to know the date until only days before the event, so my above point is still relevant. Better communication of these events (in fact, better communication in general) would be preferable.

i genuinely just thought you didn't know about the date being official as you said "if we believe some unofficial sources".

you are on the forums and commented on the post with the date in it.

earlier event details would be awesome sure, but that's not why i made my comment.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here it is again.

When Gina made the comment, it was picked up by a bot (Dwemer Automaton) that monitors Dev Tracker and automatically distributed to various Discord servers, including the Elder Scrolls Online Discord, and I also saw it on X/Twitter. While this does not cover every single player, it does have a broader reach than just the forum.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • tralmekub17_ESO

I have my doubts on that, it's always ended the first week of January, most often on Tuesday, but sometimes on Wednesday or Thursday, with the shortest event being 15 days in 2019.

2016: 3rd Thursday - 1st Wednesday (21 days)
    2017: 2nd Thursday - 1st Tuesday (20 days)
    2018: 2nd Thursday - 1st Tuesday (21 days)
    2019: 3rd Thursday - 1st Thursday (15 days)
    2020: 3rd Thursday - 1st Tuesday (20 days)
    2021: 3rd Thursday - 1st Tuesday (20 days)
    2022: 3rd Thursday - 1st Wednesday (21 days)

Based off of that I'd speculate:
    2023: 3rd Thursday - 1st Thursday (15 days) Dec 21 - Jan 4, matching the duration of 2019, keeping it in-line with past New Life events. I suppose we'll know soon.
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some sort of Crown Sale toooo........? ;)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options