The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 300 days of paid time does not need to elapse prior to March 16th.
    • This time does not need to be consecutive.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount
    • Days compensated by customer support also do not count.
    • You must be an active subscriber when the game transitions to Tamriel Unlimited on March 17th.

@ZOS_GaryA Does active-cancelled count? I have 82 days remaining as of today from a recurring 6 month sub (12 months total paid, May 8 2014 - November 8 2014, November 8 2014 - May 8 2015) but I cancelled so it doesn't recur again.

Account Status

Active - Cancelled

Game Time Remaining

You have 82 days of game time remaining.

Please find out for me if my active-cancelled status counts.
    Edited by Holycannoli on February 13, 2015 9:09PM
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So all I have to do is buy a couple of time cards right now to make up for the time needed to reach 300 days and I get the mount? Works for me.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount
    • You must be an active subscriber when the game transitions to Tamriel Unlimited on March 17th.

@ZOS_GaryA Does active-cancelled count? I have 82 days remaining as of today from a recurring 6 month sub (12 months total paid, May 8 2014 - November 8 2014, November 8 2014 - May 8 2015) but I cancelled so it doesn't recur again.

Account Status

Active - Cancelled

Game Time Remaining

as long as those 82 days carry through March 17th and they total 300 or more days then yes they count.
    Edited by Tintinabula on February 13, 2015 9:14PM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as long as those 82 days carry through March 17th then yes they count.

Oh I'm good till May. I'm getting a lot of crowns from it too if PTS is accurate (5,500 crowns total).

I just want to know if I should "resubscribe" temporarily to make my status active instead of active-cancelled, then just cancel it after the 17th.
    Edited by Holycannoli on February 13, 2015 9:16PM
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as those 82 days carry through March 17th then yes they count.

Oh I'm good till May. I'm getting a lot of crowns from it too if PTS is accurate (5,500 crowns total).

I just want to know if I should "resubscribe" temporarily to make my status active instead of active-cancelled, then just cancel it after the 17th.

I wouldn't think it should make a difference. If they are gonna mess up on a loyalty reward regarding your account..it will happen on way or the other. I do not believe there is any sure fire way of preventing that.(personal experience)
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Account Status

Active - Cancelled

Game Time Remaining

Hey there @Holycannoli,

Your subscription does not have to be in a recurring status, so long as the remaining days push you into the release of Tamriel Unlimited on March 17th. This allows folks who have been paying with game time cards to be eligible as well :).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Holycannoli,

Your subscription does not have to be in a recurring status, so long as the remaining days push you into the release of Tamriel Unlimited on March 17th. This allows folks who have been paying with game time cards to be eligible as well :).

Awesome :) Thanks for the answer.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered a time card from Best Buy Online. I should have it by February 18.
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 90 days to qualify. My current sub doesn't end until March 30th. If I can't get my hands on some game time cards. Will setting up a 3 month sub now qualify me? Anyone know?
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about giving the mount to EVERYONE who has supported ESO as way of saying "Thanks for Beta Testing our game" ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    I have 90 days to qualify. My current sub doesn't end until March 30th. If I can't get my hands on some game time cards. Will setting up a 3 month sub now qualify me? Anyone know?

I think you need to get your hands on a game card. Mine doesn't expire until March 31, so I'm in the same boat.

Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »

I think you need to get your hands on a game card. Mine doesn't expire until March 31, so I'm in the same boat.

Why a game time card? Why not just pay ahead with a credit card?
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »

Why a game time card? Why not just pay ahead with a credit card?

I don't think you can pay ahead w/credit card. I don't see an option for that when I look at my account page.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bundle will yes. As long as ZOS is paid for the three months before March 17th and those three months added to your account = 300 or more days then youre golden.This is what I just did.
    Options
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    People can just pay $100 and get the tiger.

Nice "loyalty" reward ZOS.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalfis wrote: »
    People can just pay $100 and get the tiger.

Nice "loyalty" reward ZOS.

your definition of "loyalty" = specific time spent
    Their definition = money spent within a specified amount of time.
    Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Isn't someone who subbed for 6 months, cancelled for 5 months, then subbed for another 6 months showing the same financial contribution as someone who subbed for 12 months, then cancels and plays free thereafter?

I don't think "financial contribution" and "loyalty" mean quite the same thing. I think this mount was intended as a reward for those who have been playing with almost no interruption during the first year of the game. It was meant as a reward for us "veterans" of the game, especially in view of the cancellation of the Loyalty Program. It's not a reward based on how much cash you've spent in the game, otherwise what's the point of having the March deadline for it?
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I'm thinking. But being Australian its damn hard to track the cards down. Especially now with the game changing come March 17th.

The bundle will yes. As long as ZOS is paid for the three months before March 17th and those three months added to your account = 300 or more days then youre golden.This is what I just did.

So you got a sub added to your account now? I thought it didn't add those days until your current sub ended.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I'm thinking. But being Australian its damn hard to track the cards down. Especially now with the game changing come March 17th.

So you got a sub added to your account now? I thought it didn't add those days until your current sub ended.

Your are correct and since I was paying month to month and had only missed a month and a half of subscription time those 90 days will be added before March 17.
    Options
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭

So you got a sub added to your account now? I thought it didn't add those days until your current sub ended.[/quote]

Your are correct and since I was paying month to month and had only missed a month and a half of subscription time those 90 days will be added before March 17.[/quote]

If your current sub doesn't end until March 30, 2015, your new sub won't start until March 30, 2015*, which means you will not have the 300+ days by March 17, 2015**.
    * That is based on my understanding of what you have said.
    **Based on ZOS requirements.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Time cards add the days on immediately.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaynlor wrote: »

Your are correct and since I was paying month to month and had only missed a month and a half of subscription time those 90 days will be added before March 17.

If your current sub doesn't end until March 30, 2015, your new sub won't start until March 30, 2015*, which means you will not have the 300+ days by March 17, 2015**.

Yes, this is what I've figured.
    Enodoc wrote: »

I know. My current sub is via a time card I got for Christmas. But alas that was before the BTP announcement and stores have since removed them. Been told they're no longer allowed to sell time cards as the game will be free to play.
    Edited by NovaShadow on February 13, 2015 11:14PM
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they made it so..if you started from the beginning and only missed 1 month or two it could be fixed with a simple purchase of a bundle..or even have only put in 5 months of game time you can commit to ten months worth of subs just like other people had already committed to.

The fact that they gave a warning seems fair to me. I mean ultimately..someone who has only been playing for 5 months will pay considerably less than I did if they buy a bundle to compensate and simultaneously get the mount to boot.

For me it came down to the question: "would I be spending this money regardless over the next three months?" and then the question: "was I willing to commit to a lump sum to get the tiger mount before March the 17th?"

Both answers were yes.
    Edited by Tintinabula on February 13, 2015 11:11PM
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by 'bundle'? As I said before my sub doesn't expire until March 31. What is this 'bundle' and how does it get added?
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well when did your sub begin?..This gives a little leway to people who had already committed a majority of the time.

If you only have 270 days and that ends March the 30 then the only way to commit more money to your time is a pre paid game time card which (as mentioned above) adds the time immediately.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I thought.
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. My current sub is via a time card I got for Christmas. But alas that was before the BTP announcement and stores have since removed them. Been told they're no longer allowed to sell time cards as the game will be free to play.

Not true. I bought a 60 Day from Gamestop today. It wasn't hanging up but they had it under a cabinet near the register.

I normally don't buy these cards, however it's nicer to see the 300+ days there already and knowing my account will continue through that time period without having to wait for the billing cycle to renew again.

If this were some random bonus then meh.. but Senche Tiger Mount??? Fo sho. I planned to continue to sub anyway so it's not as if I had to go out of my way.. I was even passing by the Gamestop and figured, why not? LOL
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on February 14, 2015 2:47AM
    Options
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true. I bought a 60 Day from Gamestop today. It wasn't hanging up but they had it under a cabinet near the register.

NovaShadow is Australian. We don't have Gamestop here. The stores that did stock the time cards like EB and JB no longer stock them. So it'd be impossible for them to get one unless they ordered one online.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »

NovaShadow is Australian. We don't have Gamestop here. The stores that did stock the time cards like EB and JB no longer stock them. So it'd be impossible for them to get one unless they ordered one online.

Ah okay, well don't know either one of yas so was not sure where you are from. That sucks that none of them have it. However, Gamestop and EB games are all under the same company -- so I'm not sure why they are holding out on ya.

Try calling a few EBs and see if any have it in stock instead of just relying on one or their website.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on February 14, 2015 3:57AM
    Options
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »

Ah okay, well don't know either one of yas so was not sure where you are from. That sucks that none of them have it. However, Gamestop and EB games are all under the same company -- so I'm not sure why they are holding out on ya.

Try calling a few EBs and see if any have it in stock instead of just relying on one or their website.

Yeah, it's funny that EB has pulled them off the shelves but Gamestop hasn't. They've retracted them from all of their stores though, not just a few sadly. It's an Australia-wide thing.
    Anyway either way I'm sure NovaShadow can just buy one online and get it shipped here before the 17th :)
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

Options