The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

May i have a confirmation about dye system tied to Trial achievements?

Lauranae
Lauranae
✭✭✭✭✭
I was told on game and read also on the forum, that the dye system would be tied to the Trial achievements?

Is this true?
(my question sound silly but if such content as dye is part of end game content, i will not be happy at all :( )
My most recent characters
AD - Chjara NB
-
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea kind of a slap in the face for NB and Templar's. I'd LOVE to complete that content if I can just get into more than 2-3 runs as a backup. Most Zone call outs for TRIALS want a DK or SORC with Barrier/Negate.

Sure hope the colors are available via multiple achievements and not just tied to one achievement each.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it better not have anything to do with trial achievements. it just better not.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind some having to do with trial achievements. I'd like to see the same colors available from multiple sources, to be honest.
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    As a DD/Bow NB... I have to say... If true... if confirmed in any way. I'm canceling.

I've about had it with these devs. This whole PC game is obviously one giant beta test for the console version seeing as the number of bugs we've had to put up with (and don't give me that crap about WoW being buggy - this isn't 2004 anymore and other games with smaller budget have done better!)... completely overpowered class mechanics, obviously untested skill synergies, and my whole class being bugged since day one... 2 months later they actually acknowledge the problem and start to fix things. Unacceptable, and this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it, it'll probably be tied to various achievements of all sorts. Which sounds alright, I guess, by vet contest you get plenty of those for all sorts of stuff(especially if you're a completionist like me), why not put those to good use?
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way I see it, it'll probably be tied to various achievements of all sorts. Which sounds alright, I guess, by vet contest you get plenty of those for all sorts of stuff(especially if you're a completionist like me), why not put those to good use?

Because not everybody is a completionist or wants to take part in every sort of content.
    Especially veteran dungeons and trials aren't for everyone and to tie dyes to them would be annoying as hell.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Lauranae
      Lauranae
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Because if i can avoid Craglorn by any way i will do it. I hate that content and see it more like a punishment than a pleasure.
      I love the game, but not that part and i know i will not get any achievement done for that.

Also, seeing how much time we had problem with the achievements done or to be done, i found it odd to tie something people wait for long to those.

AD - Chjara NB
      -
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Dyes will be tied to achievements in general, not just Trial achievements. We'll be sure to go into more detail about the dye system as we get closer to its release. :)
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    • Lauranae
      Lauranae
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyes will be tied to achievements in general, not just Trial achievements. We'll be sure to go into more detail about the dye system as we get closer to its release. :)

Thank you for your answer :)

AD - Chjara NB
      -
    • Corew
      Corew
      ✭✭✭

But I'm sure that black, white or any other desirable color will be.
    • Ragnar_Lodbrok
      Ragnar_Lodbrok
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So people not into raiding get screwed over on dyes. Another great design decision brought to you by zenimax
    • Snit
      Snit
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So people not into raiding get screwed over on dyes. Another great design decision brought to you by zenimax

Did you read what you quoted? She specifically said they will not be tied to raiding achievements, but to achievements in general.

Confirmation bias is a helluva drug.
      Snit AD Sorc
      Ratbag AD Warden Tank
      Goblins AD Stamblade

• Lauranae
      Lauranae
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunatly, unless we just admit that the game is ONLY for end game content and to please that part of the community who love that, but not for the casual or lighter player, we will be sad or mad.
      (do you think they even wonder if when they apply a fix for the veteran armor, so they can look good, that will affect the other types of armor: my level 38 armor crafted purple is black gold brown and green ....)

We can not do anything, as Zenimax made his choice. I would have though prefered a most honnest approach in their way to sold the game to a whole community. I would have certainly not buy and sub a game that would only care about Veteran, and end game.

So we have two choices : stay and swallow the pill or leave and remember for any new Zenimax game.

For now i am giving it 3 more months.

AD - Chjara NB
      -
    • Lauranae
      Lauranae
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Snit wrote: »

Did you read what you quoted? She specifically said they will not be tied to raiding achievements, but to achievements in general.

i think the problem is that we think, seeing the actual attitude toward Veteran and end gamers, that some colours will be dedicated to Veteran and all end game achievements, and the other kind of players will have the less wanted colour ...
      I am at the point where i wish that color would be part of the store (though i hate that solution)

Just to clear something in case, i have nothing against the players loving end game and challenges, i was part of it some years ago and i understand totally why you love that way of gaming, my critics are toward the developers for creating a big hole within the community, by giving a lot to one side and less to the other.
      Edited by Lauranae on June 6, 2014 9:33PM
      AD - Chjara NB
      -
    • MaxBat
      MaxBat
      ✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Because not everybody is a completionist or wants to take part in every sort of content.
      Especially veteran dungeons and trials aren't for everyone and to tie dyes to them would be annoying as hell.

Briefly, from a completionist:

I've always tried to be a completionist in TES games. Morrowind was next to impossible because of all the content there was out there, but I managed it - or quite close - in both Oblivion and Skyrim.

I'm trying it with three different characters in TESO and, to be honest, it's a bit game breaking. Last night, I completed all the content in the starter zones for the EP and when I entered one of the dungeons in Stonefalls, I was level 8. A number of level 4s were standing there and they said, "What are you doing here??"

To support Kendaric's argument, if you do all the content you will quickly outpace the game. In one of the my other characters - in the DC - she is now level 15 and fighting level 8 or 9 enemies - because she still hasn't completed all the content in her zone.

A number of people have told me they're not going to do completionist games because it breaks the game and it's not fun any longer.
      "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    • CTraveler
      CTraveler
      ✭✭✭
      As a completionist myself (I make sure I have *everything* in a zone before I move on to the next, have yet to PVP on any of my mains for reasons of not being able to decide which campaign to use on them) the only zone I was over leveled for on any of the content was Auridon, mainly because of the weird scaling they did it for due to changing things around before launch.

As it stands with Greenshade my trio of mains (NB/DK/Sorc) have started falling way behind in terms of the zone leveling even *with* grabbing everything in the previous zones. All of them barely scratched 25 by the time I hit Greenshade, which in of itself is a LV25-32 zone, with all of Grahtwood, Auridon, and Khenarthii's Roost cleared.

EDIT: as this is a thread about dyes (Wow, offtopic much?) I felt like I should add more. I'm glad there are dyes for the achievements in general. :) I'm eager to see what different tones we get with everything once it comes out.

Edited by CTraveler on June 6, 2014 9:00PM
    • Woogawoman
      Woogawoman
      ✭✭✭
      I have a bit of cognitive dissonance trying to imagine why my ability to dye armor would be tied to anything other than crafting-related achievements.

Specific quests to gain knowledge/materials to do dyes? Makes sense.
      Suddenly able to use "indigo" because you killed a world boss (or similar)? Seems weird and lore-breaking.
      Edited by Woogawoman on June 6, 2014 9:52PM
      Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
    • Kulrig
      Kulrig
      ✭✭✭
      Here's an idea;

Let us buy something with those awardment points we get, perhaps at 2-5 times the points value of the achieve. I'm cool with certain achieves unlocking certain things, but as it stands there are a whole lot that give nothing but these points. Points we can do nothing useful with. If we could spend those points on something, it means that folks who want a given color but have no interest doing or are unable to perform the associated task for it can still get them. In the event that a person later earns the awardment which unlocks the color, they get the points spent on the color refunded.

For example, let's say there's an awardment for killing fifty mudcrabs in Cyrodiil and awards the player with ten points and the Hot Pink dye color. In the proposed system, a person could instead choose to buy the Hot Pink color for 20-50 points. If later on the person decides to go to Cyrodiil and kill those 50 mudcrabs, they earn the awardment, the associated ten points, and free up the 20-50 points spent earlier to use on other things.

I dunno, maybe I just want to see someone finally let us do something with awardment points other than rub them in other people's faces as if they're worth something.
    • ShedsHisTail
      ShedsHisTail
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I can't imagine every single dye will be tied to an achievement, rather, I'd expect a base set of dyes which you start with and then you find more based on achievements.
      "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
      Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    • slayer7800
      Snit wrote: »

She said not just trial achievements so some are. In the screenshot for dyes, the tooltip shows a black dye being tied to trials.

Either way, having these through achievements forces players to do content they don't necessarily want to do to get a desired dye.

I don't play that way and I have no interest in trials so no black dye for me.
    • Lauranae
      Lauranae
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The more i think about it, the more those dyes look like a reward for End gamers... Why Black or White or Grey for them?
      What is the choice that makes you decide who deserve more a color than another?
      The fact that some play end game, makes them more important?
      So what, the other kind of player are just good to pay a sub but does not
      deserve the same game quality?

End gamers will have some great choices of armor within instances that i know i will not have and i find this justified.
      They will have probably better weapons and i find this justified too as they work for it.

But i think that everyone deserve dyes, and the ones they want, this is an esthetic gift, for everyone, for rpers, for fighters, for all those who want to have some fun having a good looking character.

AD - Chjara NB
      -
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      oh well, chalk up one more loss for us nightblades.
    • Dudis
      Dudis
      ✭✭✭
      Why does everyone think the "best" dyes will be from PvE achievements?
      There are pvp achievements too you know...

Until they tell us more about the system there is no point in assuming anything.
      Edited by Dudis on June 7, 2014 1:17PM
    • Tai
      Tai
      ✭✭

Considering that some classes are not allowed into trials due to the fact that are broken or underpowered, please think twice about what colours you'll tie to trials.
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tai wrote: »

Considering that some classes are not allowed into trials due to the fact that are broken or underpowered, please think twice about what colours you'll tie to trials.

yes, i agree with you that we duel wield stamina based nightblades will be unable to join in and get our dies we want. realy not good.
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tying the desirable colors to things only a small subset will do is ridiculous.

And I don't even give a flying flip about black, white, or inferno red, which are the three most popular colors for dyes in games.

See: Drama about D3's dye system and the pure black/white being tied to the CE
    •  Mehsive
      Mehsive
      Soul Shriven
      Crafters dedicate time to crafting, questers dedicate time to questing, raiders dedicate time to raiding.

how come there's so much QQ that ZoS merely confirmed that there will be different means of getting different dyes? there will be raiders and questers that can't get the dyes that crafters will possibly unlock, however it seems to have only become "OMG endgame veteran bias!"

Grow up and accept that there are other ways of playing the game, and if you don't enjoy or have the time to do these parts of the game, they may gain something that you do not. Some are completionists and max out everything possible, and some do not, feeling as though entitlement to anything is a dangerous mindset.

(oh and as a NB, i'm hoping i'll be let into trials by the time this comes live haha =)
      Edited by Mehsive on June 7, 2014 7:46PM
    • Hurbster
      Hurbster
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Maybe they won't be BoP and we can trade them.
      So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hurbster wrote: »
      Maybe they won't be BoP and we can trade them.

They appear to be unlocked colors on a palette, not a physical item, so no, probably not.
      Mehsive wrote: »
      Crafters dedicate time to crafting, questers dedicate time to questing, raiders dedicate time to raiding.

how come there's so much QQ that ZoS merely confirmed that there will be different means of getting different dyes? there will be raiders and questers that can't get the dyes that crafters will possibly unlock, however it seems to have only become "OMG endgame veteran bias!"

Grow up and accept that there are other ways of playing the game, and if you don't enjoy or have the time to do these parts of the game, they may gain something that you do not. Some are completionists and max out everything possible, and some do not, feeling as though entitlement to anything is a dangerous mindset.

(oh and as a NB, i'm hoping i'll be let into trials by the time this comes live haha =)

So you'd be perfectly fine with being required to max all 6 crafts at 50 before being able to use a basic color dye, like black, white, blue?

Want purple dye? Need to become Emperor!

Do you honestly not see how stupid that is?

You want things others don't get, it's called "Gear". That's what raiding is for. Not coloring your gear certain colors.

Tying it to achievements serves one purpose: to get people to do things they wouldn't normally do just for fluff.

Which is BS.
    • galiumb16_ESO
      galiumb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭

Why does ZOS assume we all want to do their achievements? I personally have no interest and do not think I should just to use dyes.