The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Additional Purchasing Options for Crown Store

EpicRekkoning
EpicRekkoning
✭✭✭
A lot of the crown store items are exclusive to certain dates. On multiple occasions, I've been away for business or vacation during release dates for items I would have love to purchase.

I think ESO should create a system that allows players to purchase crown store outside of the game, or allow players to pre-purchase items in game so that they don't miss exclusive items they want.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it is a marketing ploy used in various industries in one manner or another and is unlikely to change as it seems to be working since Zos continues using it. I will say you do have an idea that is more novel than what most suggest. It would be great if that option is brought about.

However, there is one issue with it. Items we acquire outside of the game are available on both servers. Items acquired inside the game are available only on the server they were acquired on. This obviously includes crown store purchases since we can only obtain crown store items from inside the game. So the suggestion provides a conundrum as it would blur those lines.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    However, there is one issue with it. Items we acquire outside of the game are available on both servers. Items acquired inside the game are available only on the server they were acquired on. This obviously includes crown store purchases since we can only obtain crown store items from inside the game. So the suggestion provides a conundrum as it would blur those lines.

Very good point and I didn't think about that.

Maybe the pre-purchase option in game would be better. We know at the beginning of the month what is in the crown store for that when and when its available. I think all ZOS would have to do is add all the option in the crown store at the beginning of the month, but not activate them until the correct day (its probably far more complicated than that).
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if in addition to those limited sales if they had a greater variety of items available for Crowns. As it is now, if you miss the one additional costume, pet or mount available for a limited time for Crowns, there’s nothing new for you to buy that month. :/ I don’t know why the available costumes, mounts and pets never rotate. There are several I would love to buy if they were ever available. As it is now, I may be at the point where I don’t need to buy Crowns outside of my sub to purchase the occasional furnishings and infrequent limited time items I do want.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Crown store stuff does rotate...but very slowly. I know there are a bunch of things I've missed that were standards, but that's because I only picked up the game in July.

I think August was a rotation of some things, but that was really only a handful of costumes.

I 100% agree that we should be able to buy some items from the site though. If we're away from the game but still want some limited time thing, we should just be able to buy it online and then receive it when we log in. If they're concerned about buying per server, then ask us to at least log in with out info on the site and then it can get unlocked next time we log into the game.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it is a marketing ploy used in various industries in one manner or another and is unlikely to change as it seems to be working since Zos continues using it. I will say you do have an idea that is more novel than what most suggest. It would be great if that option is brought about.

Maybe for people who have more than one account on multiple servers there could be a drop down list or checkbox to select which account they want the purchase on.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »

Maybe for people who have more than one account on multiple servers there could be a drop down list or checkbox to select which account they want the purchase on.

Wouldn't you just log into the account you want that item on, then buy it in game?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you just log into the account you want that item on, then buy it in game?

That's the thing - what if you're on vacation and don't have access to the game, but you really want to buy an item that's only out for the weekend?

At home, yeah - we'll log in and get it. But if you're stuck at the airport or whatever, it's not like we can download and install the client on our phone or a hotel computer just to log in and buy an item. It'd be great if we could buy things in game from the website, and then receive it next time we log on.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on November 19, 2019 4:07AM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's the thing - what if you're on vacation and don't have access to the game, but you really want to buy an item that's only out for the weekend?

At home, yeah - we'll log in and get it. But if you're stuck at the airport or whatever, it's not like we can download and install the client on our phone or a hotel computer just to log in and buy an item. It'd be great if we could buy things in game from the website, and then receive it next time we log on.

Well you can't have your cake, and eat it too. What if I am dead and still want to take advantage of all the good deals? Or if I am in jail for a long time, I shouldn't have to miss all the great sales on the store, what is ZOS going to do for them then?
    Edited by Goregrinder on November 19, 2019 6:05PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marketing strategy to add the feel of scarcity. People usually spend more money during the limited sales. It's is pretty scummy tbh. And zos goes way to overboard in these. Especially asking for money when their game is an u fixable piece of trash.
    Whole zenimax media group goes down the toilet with their greedyness as of late.
    Big competitor to EA. Sad thing is, people keep rewarding it by falling for these practices. High price ingame shops, only cosmetics to not make you look like a hobo hidden behind rng Loot boxes with low drop chance, but ey, people don't seem to give a damn.
    Just waiting for when games start to give you actual game content access via rng cash grab boxes. "want the new class? Too bad, have this tattoo of a turd instead, buy another box!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could provide access to the Crown Store online, where you would log in with your game credentials and then buy something with crowns as you would on the website. Thus, it would only get unlocked on the account that you signed in on.

But, creating an online interface of the Crown Store would presumably take more resources than ZOS has at the moment.

As it is, most of the limited time stuff has returned at one point or another - well, the crates certainly have (bleh). I think most costumes have and certainly the holiday items, but only a few mounts have, outside of being stuck in crates.

Perhaps you might be able to contact customer service and ask if you can purchase an upcoming or very recently for sale item if you were unable to log on during that time and have the crowns available. I've heard of people doing this, though have no idea if it's actually true or not.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »

I meant different servers. You might have characters on NA and EU. Account was the wrong choice of word really.