The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS Why does your group finder match me with a group on last boss when pledge needs multi boss kills

nk125x
nk125x
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please have a button "New Instance only"! or stop the 15 min shut out
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a group finder, it matched you with a group - Job done
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just change the pledge reqs to being a final boss kill only? Like they did with some of the later DLC dungeons.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just change the pledge reqs to being a final boss kill only? Like they did with some of the later DLC dungeons.

That's the best solution
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    this has been an issue since the game out and despite many ask's it has always fell on the ever so reliable deaf ears of the even more reliable staff at ZOS, the only thing that we can now guarantee that will ever be accomplished is that they are more proficient at making the game worse through years of practice
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »

That's the best solution
    This risks having people kick someone at the last boss so their buddy can join for an easy pledge.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has been an issue since the game out...

The group finder was added post-launch. I mean, you're not wrong, and it's been an issue since pledges became a thing. I can't remember if pledges came in with the group finder or if they were later.

Either way, we've got a good solution, if they'd just implement it. Best/worst of all, these aren't even the same pledges we were getting originally. A lot of them were changed with One Tamriel.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because group finder is not a pledge finder.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

That's the best solution
    This risks having people kick someone at the last boss so their buddy can join for an easy pledge.

While I think it would be rare since a lot of folks want to get in an out quickly that could be resolved by disabling the kick timer for 5 or 10 minutes after a new player joins on the last boss.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

That's the best solution

Already an issue on some pledges. But, not something you'd normally see. If someone wants to bring in their buddy, they're simply going to bring them along.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The tool prioritizes groups over individuals.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ask to get kicked. If they refuse just sit at the beginning of the dungeon till they do so, if 15 min passes simply leave the group and queue again
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    Just ask to get kicked. If they refuse just sit at the beginning of the dungeon till they do so, if 15 min passes simply leave the group and queue again

Thats unfair for both

In FF14 they have a toggle "Allow queue to part complete"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the purposes of groupfinder (when its working) is to backfill groups in need of a replacement member.

Letting players opt out of serving as a replacement means groups who have a member quit, have to left, or get kicked have to wait longer for a replacement.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭

It's broken, what do you expect?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I can understand you wanting a new feature in the Group Finder, but they can’t even get it operating correctly as it is.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least if you get "join in progress." you should be credited with the groups completion of the dungeon to that point. Or don't JIP us.
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭

This. I have never been refused when I have asked to be kicked.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    Its a group finder, it matched you with a group - Job done

Yeah but it isn't a job well done.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats unfair for both

In FF14 they have a toggle "Allow queue to part complete"

And this is far from the only MMO doing it. I had been playing SWTOR for years and groupfinder also comes with a case to check (or not): "in progress".

There are very few instances where I will go for a last boss, most of the time when you are replacing someone it means that the group has issues, I am not going to waste my time for a fail last boss run.
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    Either “new instance only” or correct the requirements as with the most recent DLC dungeons where you only need to complete the instance. That would be the easier fix, I believe, since more fiddling with Activity Finder is probably a bad idea lol
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one time i got group when they already killed final boss, one of players quit and somehow they start searching for replacement )
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you really expect ZOS to program group finder to consider quest objectives? :D but seriously I agree, it should, but it doesn't.
  • RaveRaveRaveRave
    RaveRaveRaveRave
    ✭✭✭

That's the best solution

Then everyone is gonna run past everything to the last boss. I hate that nonsense. I like to kill things. The main pleasure of the game is crushing things and watching the moves and numbers fly...not running past everything to the last boss over and over again like it's your mundane job.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the best solution

Then everyone is gonna run past everything to the last boss. I hate that nonsense. I like to kill things. The main pleasure of the game is crushing things and watching the moves and numbers fly...not running past everything to the last boss over and over again like it's your mundane job.
    That is already an thing, skipping in Fungal, who many kills the rat king in wayrest 1?

Add an change so only last boss is needed if you join group in an dungeon after first pledge boss is dead.
    You have to queue with finder and not get invited to group for this to be true.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.