The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group finder rekt? pc-eu

• ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unzbleon5xs8.jpg

Can you make a new one with an added panel regarding the cancellation?

S.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    so 4 day events dont work anymore even, hardly a suprise...
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to login before finding that you had cancelled the event and guess what
    "Pleas check you have a valid internet connection"

Yes ZOS please check that you have a server with a valid internet connection as clearly you do not

How many of you does it take to work this out :((((
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno Unfortunately still no connection to the PC/EU server.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys i'm new to the game, what sort of builds do you recomend for a templar trying to solo loading screen boss?

The dont pay and look for another working game type, given the ongoing state of the 'servers'...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Melilotta wrote: »
    From the announcement: "We’ll provide an update a little later today in this thread once we know exactly when we will turn off the event and what our next steps will be." So, I guess, ithasn't been turned off yet? Will wait a bit more before I try to log in...

Correct, it should be turned off in the next couple hours (if not sooner).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheChinbone
    TheChinbone
    ✭✭
    ZJHp9ek.jpg
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, this issue with dungeon finder has existed since your latest "new and improved" release. I haven't posted any bug reports or anything yet because I figured you guys were aware but funny you start an DUNGEON event and still hadn't fixed it.

Edit: I am PC N/A, so it is not limited to PC EU
    Edited by itsfatbass on November 14, 2019 6:50PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weird stuff: I managed to log in, rush FG1, get my tickets, get stuck in loading screen to Davon's Watch, relog after several tries... aaaaand get sent to the bank in Brass Fortress where I was yesterday oO But tickets and loot were still with me...
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some comments from this thread that violated our rules regarding bashing. We can understand being frustrated about this situation but we do ask you to remember to keep your posts civil and respectful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed some comments from this thread that violated our rules regarding bashing. We can understand being frustrated about this situation but we do ask you to remember to keep your posts civil and respectful.

Is it respectful to serve players SAME issues every event?
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled my ESO Plus subscription. Just don't have a wish anymore to keep sponsoring the team that can't invest in testers and debuggers and prefer to customize Crown Store instead of fixing bugs. The game is getting even worse technically. I'm unable even to log in.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the issue lies deeper. No amount of recoding will make the queue finder function under high stress. The issue with ESO is the lack of sufficient server infrastructure. It's a fact that unless significant resources are invested into maintaining good servers, an MMO will not succeed; look at SWTOR.

As many know there is a LOTR MMO in the works funded by Amazon that is sure to have sufficient funding for effectively operating servers. To everyone at ZOS I really hope the server improvements in U25 and U27 are significant; otherwise, another properly performing game WILL SWEEP THIS PLAYER BASE FROM UNDER YOU.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    turning event off is fair.

If one megaserver cant play it whats the point
  • RaggaBomb
    RaggaBomb
    ✭✭
    So they decided to turn the event off?
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaggaBomb wrote: »
    So they decided to turn the event off?

Yep.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a little more information, please? What exactly isn't working right?

As far as I can tell right now, groups are rarely formed. I think it has to do with everyone queueing for the same quick dungeon. Just like last year.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Complete rewrite of the lfg tool" sounded so good at first.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L7plIpB.gif

LFG section hamster got injured :wink:
    his cousin will replace him :hushed:

ive been laughing at this for 2 minutes
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hours later, and it's still completely impossible for me to even log back into the game.

Good job!

Oh, I also love the mod who edited my earlier comment, which called ZOS "incompetent", because apparently it's now "bashing" to call it incompetent when a gaming company can't even produce stable servers 30 minutes in an event, and have to shut everything down, for more than three events now in a row.
    Certainly and absolutely nothing to do with incompetence whatsoever.

But all this down time has at least given me enough time to log in to my ESO account and press that "unsubscribe" button, so congratulations!
  • agen.fi
    agen.fi
    ✭✭✭
    So event redacted or postponed?
  • agen.fi
    agen.fi
    ✭✭✭
    agen.fi wrote: »
    So event redacted or postponed?

And can't even log in...
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's off now.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • rstas
    rstas
    ✭✭
    What we need is another 1 or 3 new good MMO so ZOS will need to adapt fast or die fast. To be true I prefer 2nd option, couse if u can't take care of 6y old video game which should be now days able to run on smartphone it means You should change job fast. Lets help ZOS, and stop feed this fat troll
    Clodth, Stamina Dragon Knight, Werewolf
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have old Finder? It was buggy but worked sometimes :)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not seen anything on the event being turned off yet, but just completed a dungeon and got no tickets or box from the last boss. @ZOS_GinaBruno - will there be some balancing of rewards for those who just fought through the login screens for this and got no reward?
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    English is not my native language : what would be the best way to respectfully articulate my sincere doubts that you are fully aware of the outcome of your actions?
    Many people expressed their doubts that it would be a sub-par idea to launch an event contemporaneous with a new DLC - you did and it failed.
    Many people expressed concerns that an event that involves the group finder will backfire - you launched this event it it literally exploded in you face.
    So please, please if you intend to launch another event, avoid any synchrony with news DLCs, avoid anything that involves group finder or huge amounts of players ar a single place.
    IMHO this event would have not failed if delve bosses would have dropped rewards.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    People reported the activity finder broken before this event started, they knew it was broken. If we keep giving them our dollars, they have NO INCENTIVE TO CHANGE. I hate to do it, but I’m unsubbing.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    IMHO this event would have not failed if delve bosses would have dropped rewards.

^ Thissss
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭

We ask that you provide services that don't crash in record time. You did a complete recoding of Group Finder to make it more robust and well... work. Now the first few hours of heavy usage on the Group Finder it tanks the entire server farm. Event after event after event has issues... then you have normal issues not related to the event. Then you come to the forums and instead of offering solutions trash people for trashing ZOS. Here is the thing, FIX THE GAME and this won't be an issue. When Group Finder works properly without a thought you can complain about the bashing... but until that point expect it. This event lasted HOURS, thats it.