The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BGs statements on the situation

jirkasl
jirkasl
✭✭
Good afternoon developers and teammates of our favorite game.
I have been playing for several months and I was happy and looking forward to everything.

I have not yet 810 cp and I found love in BG.
I am really looking forward to 1vX, but later.
now Bgs are my favorite thing and i want play them.
I'm 30 years old, I have a wife. work and other things to do, but i want play my game too.

After update i was stuck in loadings so i make lvls for my next characters for BGs.
How do I play? When the game lets me wait for random bg 20 minutes witch my new characters and after that i am stuck in Bg with no players and i can only press leave for deserter.
So i wait this 20 mins and go for BG again and go for stuck in loading after 15 min wait time.
Good, my gameplay time is off. good day.

I dont understant your MMR things. For me ? random Bgs with random players is for me OK.
Maybe I'll be good, maybe they'll show me that I have something to learn.

do what you want with this mmr, but please do something with that waiting. Would that be playable for you?
You work too.

Thank you

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jirkasl wrote: »
    Good afternoon developers and teammates of our favorite game.
    I have been playing for several months and I was happy and looking forward to everything.

I have not yet 810 cp and I found love in BG.
    I am really looking forward to 1vX, but later.
    now Bgs are my favorite thing and i want play them.
    I'm 30 years old, I have a wife. work and other things to do, but i want play my game too.

After update i was stuck in loadings so i make lvls for my next characters for BGs.
    How do I play? When the game lets me wait for random bg 20 minutes witch my new characters and after that i am stuck in Bg with no players and i can only press leave for deserter.
    So i wait this 20 mins and go for BG again and go for stuck in loading after 15 min wait time.
    Good, my gameplay time is off. good day.

I dont understant your MMR things. For me ? random Bgs with random players is for me OK.
    Maybe I'll be good, maybe they'll show me that I have something to learn.

do what you want with this mmr, but please do something with that waiting. Would that be playable for you?
    You work too.

Thank you

The game isn't really designed for 1vX's anymore, in BG's you might be able to pack up a 4man group with a good ult or whatever, but 4 noobs can do you now with all the assists and changes over time.

They changed the queuing so that you go into a game and wait for players now, rather than it finding the correct amount outside of the game, before ever putting you in - That is clearly bad design and I don't know why they went that route.

If you do get put in one, you can wait 5minutes and if nobody joins, you'll be returned to where you are, without having to get the deserter penalty - People getting that seems to be those that are leaving before the auto-kick.

You may not understand the problem with MMR from where you've been playing but if you consistently had top tier players in your games (Which you almost certainly didn't before) you would probably struggle to manage a kill that wasn't an execute steal for example.
    So far this patch (beside the issues), the matchmaking for me has been abysmal and I'm facing up against people I should never be playing against - Most of the lobby ends on 0 kills right now. It's not enjoyable for me/us and it's clearly not for them.

You're not wrong to say that it shows you have something to learn, but not everyone can learn it and not everyone wants to. Besides, you're going to learn better climbing up the ranks of opponent difficulty than you would just being dumped into a game with top tier players who 2 bang you.

See how you feel about MMR in the future.

With higher MMR, 20 minute queues was about standard, often longer - It is a pain.
    Edited by BNOC on November 13, 2019 12:08PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the complicated mathematologies of the MMR System®, the more BGs you play, the longer you’ll have to wait for the next BG.

So the trick to avoiding the high BG wait times is to not play BGs.

uc?id=10wSz5VHQYl3l8Zu-sAgkHPT0s3pI_Rci

Have you tried housing instead? There are plenty of amazing housing items available to purchase in the crown store!

This moment of insight brought to you by: #ZoSLogic
    Edited by ChunkyCat on November 13, 2019 1:11PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Due to the complicated mathematologies of the MMR System®, the more BGs you play, the longer you’ll have to wait for the next BG.

So the trick to avoiding the high BG wait times is to not play BGs.

uc?id=10wSz5VHQYl3l8Zu-sAgkHPT0s3pI_Rci

Have you tried housing instead? There are plenty of amazing housing items available to purchase in the crown store!

This moment of insight brought to you by: #ZoSLogic

Trick to avoiding high BG wait times is to just queue for the objective-based game modes, and treat them as deathmatch. MMR can't go up if you're at the bottom of the leaderboard with a few hundred points, every match.

10wSz5VHQYl3l8Zu-sAgkHPT0s3pI_Rci?authuser=0&nonce=4su700voo2p3a&user=02054940226674947503&hash=ce0q8b4r8onqv91lq91345jtv3397dti
  • jirkasl
    jirkasl
    ✭✭
    And here we are end of the universe.
    often waiting long, often Bgs are without players .Auto kick dont work.
    Deserter cherries on the cake.

I'm done with that.
    like some assia free mmorpg on private.
    The game is completely broken. Technically disintegrating.

would like to say that I am so angry that I will not play and pay,
    but you can't even play here, so it doesn't matter
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On EU-PC ZOS has already solved the problem. You can't get in regardless of your MMR :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    On EU-PC ZOS has already solved the problem. You can't get in regardless of your MMR :D

You tried joining as a group? Xbox Eu the Queues are legit 2h+ solo, about 2 minutes in a 4man and when you Q a 4man, you get put against turnips.. none of it makes any sense.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • jirkasl
    jirkasl
    ✭✭
    What is fixed ?

1)Its not MMR.I have more then one character with different number of games played.One is even new.¨
    2) i am in big guild and in chat requently asked questions about BG or DF. Broken ?
    3) Autokick from BG after 5 min dont work, everybode go for leave with 20 min debuff.

with dragonhold update, the quality of the game went to the bottom.

EU_PC

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is fixed ?

1)Its not MMR.I have more then one character with different number of games played.One is even new.¨
    2) i am in big guild and in chat requently asked questions about BG or DF. Broken ?
    3) Autokick from BG after 5 min dont work, everybode go for leave with 20 min debuff.

EU_PC

Prior to Monday's patch I was able to queue to BGs relatively reliably, even at relatively high server load, on Week-End afternoon/evening hours. The queue time was 5-10 minutes, with none of about 30-40 I played being broken in the sense one of the team doesn't fill and it's auto-disbanded. That bug was quite frequent a few patches ago.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • jirkasl
    jirkasl
    ✭✭
    What is fixed ?

EU_PC

Prior to Monday's patch I was able to queue to BGs relatively reliably, even at relatively high server load, on Week-End afternoon/evening hours. The queue time was 5-10 minutes, with none of about 30-40 I played being broken in the sense one of the team doesn't fill and it's auto-disbanded. That bug was quite frequent a few patches ago.

Hi Asardes,
    for example, my game today i wait for my first BG 15 min + , i load in BG and we was force to leave, becose were not players for start. We was in pprox. 10 mins and start leaving. 20 min deserter. For next BG i wait a little longer and I played, BG number 3 again cant start becose players numbers. Deserter.

U dont have problems? Good i wish for you only best game experience, but for me, my reallife friend, the people in guild unfortunately not so well.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is fixed ?

EU_PC

Hi Asardes,
    for example, my game today i wait for my first BG 15 min + , i load in BG and we was force to leave, becose were not players for start. We was in pprox. 10 mins and start leaving. 20 min deserter. For next BG i wait a little longer and I played, BG number 3 again cant start becose players numbers. Deserter.

U dont have problems? Good i wish for you only best game experience, but for me, my reallife friend, the people in guild unfortunately not so well.

No, as of Monday's patch I can't get a queue pot at all, regardless of how long I wait, even 30m+.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, PC-EU. Today I still haven't tried because I gave up. Until yesterday, however, I was NOT able to join any BG, even with 40+ mins queue. I login to play battlegrounds only, so at the moment no reasons for me to login anymore, until the finder it's properly fixed. Until last Monday I was able to join some BG, with minor issues occasionally (got some instance stuck with timer at 0:00 but not starting match nor disbanding the groups). After last Monday's patch I'm just endlessly stuck in the queue.
    Edited by mandricus on November 21, 2019 12:38AM
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it may not be as broken as EU, in NA over the past 1.5 weeks it's been solo ques of 20+ mins and grp qus of 25+ mins. Meanwhile, even when you get a match there's a 20% chance you get stuck in a loadscreen or the game won't start and you get a 20 min penalty. It was working great, the best Id ever seen for bg's, for the first week after this patch. It's quite hilarious that the actual performance patch designated for the activity finder ended up breaking it, incompetent. Any other industry and we'd be entitled to a refund or compensation.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried also this evening, reporting updates.
    MagDK, queue popup after 2 mins, got a very nice match. So I thought "thank God, may be they finally were able to solve the puzzle".
    I was a developer myself in the past. While, as a customer, sometimes I have to criticize about broken stuff on forums (I consider it a way to help the devs to understand what's really going on on the live servers), I feel for the Dev team. I know how hard things can be in the software developement, and the pressure you have to stand on some days. And how complex a piece of software like this can be. Guys, you created a whole world, with it's own rules, an economy, PvE instances, PvP instances, messaging systems, items management, combat parsers, an huge amount of data to be managed and parsed in real-time, APIs to maintain, a group activity finder, and tons of other stuff. To me, the complexity level looks scary.
    Anyway, switched toon, and logged on my Stamplar to have a double check. It has an higher MMR I suppose. Queues were just a little bit longer, but again was able to play in a couple of minutes few nice matches, in a quite well MMR balanced BGs.

Finger crossed guys. There is still hope.
    Edited by mandricus on November 21, 2019 1:39AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    Tried also this evening, reporting updates.
    MagDK, queue popup after 2 mins, got a very nice match. So I thought "thank God, may be they finally were able to solve the puzzle".
    I was a developer myself in the past. While, as a customer, sometimes I have to criticize about broken stuff on forums (I consider it a way to help the devs to understand what's really going on on the live servers), I feel for the Dev team. I know how hard things can be in the software developement, and the pressure you have to stand on some days. And how complex a piece of software like this can be. Guys, you created a whole world, with it's own rules, an economy, PvE instances, PvP instances, messaging systems, items management, combat parsers, an huge amount of data to be managed and parsed in real-time, APIs to maintain, a group activity finder, and tons of other stuff. To me, the complexity level looks scary.
    Anyway, switched toon, and logged on my Stamplar to have a double check. It has an higher MMR I suppose. Queues were just a little bit longer, but again was able to play in a couple of minutes few nice matches, in a quite well MMR balanced BGs.

Finger crossed guys. There is still hope.

Nobody thinks it's easy but they are either incredibly slow or non existent when it comes to reacting / communicating and fixing bugs by comparison.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • jirkasl
    jirkasl
    ✭✭

it's not easy, everyone knows that and I appreciate their work.
    Unfortunately I can't overlook that I can't play my BGs games.

Yesterday evening around 20:00 CET i found few games fast, after that i was stuck with my warden without players and i have to leave with 20 min debuff.
    So i relog on my templar and what happend? Yes stuck in BG without players and i have to force leave with debuff again.
    So i relog on my nightblade and guess what? Yes stuck.
    then I turned it off.

We have one of the biggest MMOs here and a few weeks and repeat myself for weeks i can't play well becose technical reasons.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally managed to get a BG last evening, but one of the teams never filled, so we left after 10 minutes. Contrary to what ZOS claims, the game did not auto-dissolve after 5 minutes, so we did get that penalty. Same happened with some DLC veteran dungeon groups, the 4th never came but we got ported in nevertheless. Something it's definitely broken.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • jirkasl
    jirkasl
    ✭✭
    Greetings,
    today I have a good day, a wonderful day i can say.
    Do you know why?
    I didn't have sex with my wife, I didn't win a lottery, but when I look at the mirror I see a happy face.

Yes, I played my BGs, undisturbed, fast, no scrubbing.
    I also want to write positive things and today is the day.
    Thank you developers team.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, to those of us with busy schedules the BG queues are infuriating, between queue times, infinite load screens and matchmaking not filling teams I am LUCKY to play one game per hour, why would I spend my brief play time on ESO when I can only play one match per hour???!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broken games are a thing, got one where I ended up with 14 other players in a game. Got some where 1 team didn't fill, and got plenty where it was 2v4v4. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/503912/bg-bug-15-people-in-the-same-team
    Edited by Asardes on December 1, 2019 8:21PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today they've also introduced Cyro-like lags in BGs. I suspect a bunch of monkeys in a server room would do better than their tech team.