The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A request: Please let give a way to track outfit styles EASILY

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just finished up with Glenmoril Wyrd styles, after several visits to the Impressario to check which styles I could still buy there. Visiting an NPC is better than scrolling through all of the outfit styles at an outfit station looking for which one DOESN'T have a Glenmoril, I guess.

Dear devs: PLEASE let us easily track outfit styles pages, like we do motif pages! Have a listing somehwere that SHOWS what we're missing.. unlike the outfit station which mostly shows only what we HAVE.

For PC players, we use the addon CraftStore to track motifs, it's all the motifs in one easy to read location. Would be great if outfit styles showed there too. Just saying.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 30, 2019 4:45PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked which Glenmoril styles I was missing by going to my collections tab to where it has all the outfit styles, and searching "Glenmoril".

A list would definitely be easier, but it was simple to click through the options and see which ones were still greyed out for me.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I checked which Glenmoril styles I was missing by going to my collections tab to where it has all the outfit styles, and searching "Glenmoril".

A list would definitely be easier, but it was simple to click through the options and see which ones were still greyed out for me.

What is this "search" in outfit styles? Is that another feature keyboard UI has that gamepadUI does not?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is this "search" in outfit styles? Is that another feature keyboard UI has that gamepadUI does not?

Might be... it definitely exists on keyboard
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright I went on to gamepad mode and yeah, I don't see a search. Only find that you can look by locked or not via options :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Alright I went on to gamepad mode and yeah, I don't see a search. Only find that you can look by locked or not via options :(

It must be that, then. I play with mouse&keyboard and I don't have an addons that would add that function.

Seems a little unfair for non-keyboard users.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 30, 2019 7:44PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yay gamepadUI... I use it for accesibility, except for the million times a day I need to use the keyboard because something doesn't exist in gamepadUI.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It must be that, then. I play with mouse&keyboard and I don't have an addons that would add that function.

Seems a little unfair for non-keyboard users.

Tell me about it. I get it for console... entering letters with a controller and onscreen keyboard is awful... but for PC? where I need a keyboard for chat and about a million other things?

Could at least let us filter on style.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really be nice if they added a separate achievement category within the Journal menu that tracked outfit styles similar to the way motifs are tracked in the individual DLC sections.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It would really be nice if they added a separate achievement category within the Journal menu that tracked outfit styles similar to the way motifs are tracked in the individual DLC sections.

They could also track it in the Holiday section, but they'd have to create achievements for collecting the outfit styles. Or similarly, in the Lore Library, all motifs are tracked there. They could add another section for outfit style pages.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 30, 2019 9:45PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry but I don’t want to have achievements for these style pages, they are really getting out of hand and impossible to keep up. I’d have fewer achievements then because I don’t have all of them.

I wish they’d never come up with that idea. Keeping up with motifs is hard enough money-wise.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping up with motifs is hard enough money-wise.

There’s no requirement anywhere in the game that you have to keep up with all the motifs, @katanagirl1 ... you’re putting that pressure on yourself.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keeping up with motifs is hard enough money-wise.

There’s no requirement anywhere in the game that you have to keep up with all the motifs, @katanagirl1 ... you’re putting that pressure on yourself.

True, but as a Master Crafter I try to learn all motifs so I can do all the master writs that I get. I’m fine with that.

However, if style pages have an achievement associated with them like motifs do, then as an achievement person I now have to add those to the list too. Right now I don’t generally buy style pages but just farm and trade for what I can.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

They could also track it in the Holiday section, but they'd have to create achievements for collecting the outfit styles. Or similarly, in the Lore Library, all motifs are tracked there. They could add another section for outfit style pages.

I don't care if it's an achivement (tho, the cheevo hunter in me would like that), but just something. Or show us all the locked outfit styles and let me sort on style! would be useful for motifs too... Do I have BA greatswords? Look, it's easy to check while making my outfits, I don't have to exit out and bring up Craftstore or the achivement!

Edit: Hey ZOS, need a UI designer? Patterns like this are standard, just putting a search button on everything and "forgetting" that console/gamepad can't do that is pretty... um... 1995.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 1, 2019 3:23PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had never even noticed the filter. I'd rather see something a bit more sophisticated so I don't have to step through every armor/weapon type but it is better than having to scroll through the lists.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I had never even noticed the filter. I'd rather see something a bit more sophisticated so I don't have to step through every armor/weapon type but it is better than having to scroll through the lists.

Problem is... console's dont have a keyboard. It is possible that a search/list combo would work, for those (like me) who hate trying to enter text with the on-screen keyboard. Honsetly, most anything would be better than what we have now.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Problem is... console's dont have a keyboard. It is possible that a search/list combo would work, for those (like me) who hate trying to enter text with the on-screen keyboard. Honsetly, most anything would be better than what we have now.

Just connect any USB keyboard in one of the inputs. I assume Xbox has one just like PS4.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just connect any USB keyboard in one of the inputs. I assume Xbox has one just like PS4.

I don't know if it has "extra" usb ports... 360 didn't.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know if it has "extra" usb ports... 360 didn't.

Supposedly it has 3 USB ports, one in front and two in back:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/usb-port-use
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    As a gamepad user, I can say that the section of collections that shows styles should NOT be grouped by item type, but simply by Style. Maybe with 2 levels because there are many of them. Then a simple list of items with info if i have it or not.
    Right now, knowing that i learned 23 axes and not learned 53 is worthless.
    If i want to make an outfit, i need to know if a have all the styles needed.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick Collection only shows what's learned, it's not practical at some points I agree.
    So, I'd like to have these kind of style pages added to "Holiday" tab in Journal > Achievements. BG related should appear in the "PvP" tab or the "Morrowind" tab

@katanagirl1 Style pages such as Glenmoril don't count for Master Crafter. Motifs styles that matter to Master Crafter are listed under Journal > Achievements.
    Regarding Witches Fest, motifs styles that count towards Master Crafter are just the Dremora and the Hallowjack styles.

Edited: typo.
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 5, 2019 2:29PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @redlink1979 I know that only motif style pages count toward Master Crafter. I did not say that they did.

Someone above suggested the devs add an achievement for outfit style pages, with which I strongly disagreed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 Oh ok then. I also disagree with achievements related to outfit style pages. I just think they should be listed/included in the related tabs: Cadwell, Glenmoril, Prophet, Sahan, Tharn n Lyris in "Holiday" n the ones you get BG related in "PvP"/"Morrowind"
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I totally agree there should be a better way to know which pages you have.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA