Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ETA on broken movement speed, has ZOS even acknowledged it?

Sharakor
Sharakor
✭✭✭
Movement speed is roughly 10-15% lower, this is a fact and I don't remember ZOS even mentioning that they're aware of this, much less an ETA on its fix...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall an ETA at all, and at first they did say we were crazy ;) Since then though Zos has acknowledged it. It was mentioned on the last ESO Live and I believe they may have acknowledged it on the forums as well previously. I don't think they have stated an ETA yet...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We looked into this more, and did find the same issue that you all are seeing. We don't yet have a cause, but are continuing to dig into it!"

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2795470#Comment_2795470

That was before the ESO live.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yep, we are aware and it's not intended. We're still working on a fix for it, which will likely be included in the next major update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? Fixing movement speed for 3 months? Hilarious...
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug was introduced with TG launch on PC a month ago, i don't know where the other two came from.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the movement speed decrease was intended? A decrease in sprint speed? Could have swore I read something on that in recent natch potes
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the movement speed decrease was intended? A decrease in sprint speed? Could have swore I read something on that in recent natch potes

There is a bug that affects regular non sprint speed.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, we are aware and it's not intended. We're still working on a fix for it, which will likely be included in the next major update.

"Next major update" translates to the next DLC release, Dark Brotherhood. Even though this is a major deal for EVERY player, zos is content to let this issue remain until it's convenient for them. Thanks so much. Not only am I noticeably slower, I also don't have my Windrunner CP perk.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

"Next major update" translates to the next DLC release, Dark Brotherhood. Even though this is a major deal for EVERY player, zos is content to let this issue remain until it's convenient for them. Thanks so much. Not only am I noticeably slower, I also don't have my Windrunner CP perk.

I agree that this is starting to get really frustrating. Major balance or gameplay changes, those I understand getting grouped up into big patches... but bug fixes like this are exactly what incremental patches are intended for.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to tell you guys how to run your own business, but wouldn't it be smarter to do "major" updates between content releases, rather than at the same time? It's only natural that new content leads to a few bugs, but this is compounded when new bugs or issues arise from other changes to the base game that happen to have been made at the same time. It can make the game a bit of a mess when new content comes out. That also detracts from the release of said content - we're all eager to try out these new zones, but have a hard time due to bugs.

Anyways just my 2 cents.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

OLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOL

That is why I am just laughing no more. Cant take stuff serisously. I am actually surprised the cake could be fixed within 2 days.

HX5o8cG.png

[Edited to censor profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 10, 2016 5:19PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized she said next major update. :'(
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno The next major update? You've got to be kidding, when are you guys going to get the hint that bug fixing is what incremental patches are for? I don't mean to sound like a spoiled child but you have to stop making us live with these bugs for months on end!
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is what it's come to? Yet you can gladly make new Crown store fluff constantly?

Incompetence!
    Edited by Maotti on April 8, 2016 9:59PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn guys, talk about killing the messenger. I mean wow you all have your pitchforks out and everything!

torchesandpitchforks.jpg
    Edited by Asherons_Call on April 8, 2016 10:06PM
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Again, please take this constructively...

Can we get the technical reasoning why this fix will take 3 months? Or is it just a backlog of other work to do first?

I'm just not sure I understand what about the fix takes that long - not sure if a dev can chip in to explain it to me.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn guys, talk about killing the messenger.

I think everyone here understands that Gina does not set the release schedule, and everyone seems to be expressing frustration with ZOS as a whole, not just the messenger.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Damn guys, talk about killing the messenger.

I think everyone here understands that Gina does not set the release schedule, and everyone seems to be expressing frustration with ZOS as a whole, not just the messenger.

Yes but she is the person who takes our feedback/questions etc and relays that to the dev team. Also the vice versa. I dont agree with being nasty but I agree it shouldnt wait until the next major update.
    Options
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Next major update?! Rather than, "when we discover the solution," eh? It's things like this that make me wonder how much ZOS paid for that MMO of the Year award, because it's become painfully obvious that it is not. I can deal with bugs, buffs/nerfs, and hen-pecked FOTM changes that suits the devs (to an extent), but the way ZOS is running their business is pathetic. This game is rapidly approaching EA status when they wrecked SWTOR. I hope ZOS takes its head from the sand and fixes their business models before more subscribers start leaving in troves.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have not noticed this on Xbox.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »

You want them to release a patch for one thing?

Plus havent noticed this at all on pS4 and have friends on xbox who say the same.

As usual the PC players are crying and moaning
    Options
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭

Holy ***, just when I thought it couldn't suck any more...
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Plus havent noticed this at all on pS4 and have friends on xbox who say the same.

You haven't noticed it therefore it doesn't exist lol so many trolls lately.

I don't think this is a bug, this was intentional to make the changes to sprint speed and major expedition seem not as bad, and they hoped we wouldn't notice.

Of course most people noticed it immediately after logging in with Thieves Guild. Even though the original thread contained lots of proof that normal movement speed had been nerfed, Zos denied it until they decided to admit it in a totally different thread about 3 weeks later, once there was so much proof it could no longer be denied.

That's why these clowns will make us wait 3 months, because they nerfed it purposely.

Next major update...just when you thought they couldn't get any worse... /Facepalm.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Good for you, the PC players that are far more familiar with the game having played longer have and the devs have acknowledged that there is a difference in movement speed so your opinion of having not noticed it are not really relevant to this discussion. And yes, if something is broken I expect them to release a patch to fix it not wait till the next DLC, that is literally the entire point of incremental patches in between content patches.
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next...... Major....... Update..... *cringe*

goodbye eso :)
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bugged movement speed makes the last boss of vma impossible without major expedition.

This needs to be fixed in an incremental patch, not in 3 months
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    The bugged movement speed makes the last boss of vma impossible without major expedition.

This needs to be fixed in an incremental patch, not in 3 months

F******* this. Not impossible, but definitely makes it more stupid for less mobile classes.
    Absolutely trash this company releasing DLC thats supposed to be adding NEW content and IMPROVEMENTS but only adds MORE BUGS than content/improvements combined and then saying they will fix the game in 5 months....
    This has been going on for the past 3-4 Major Updates.
    Oh and for ESO's 2 year anniversary what do we get? A cake that doesnt work? GG
    That alone tells you how things are going over there.

Edited by PainfulFAFA on April 8, 2016 10:58PM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »

So this is what it's come to? Yet you can gladly make new Crown store fluff constantly?

Incompetence!

priorities...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, you guys are mostly ridiculous. Not ZOS. This thread. It's full of over reactions.

It's a glitch. You're a little slower and so is everyone else. Whoop te doo!

Try being nice for once in your lives and maybe you'll be happier people. It's sad.
    Options
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭

I don't want this to sound rude, but how is that acceptable?
    Edit: like wtf lol.
    I think it's time to bring in some new blood to the development roster. The lack of communication is obviously related to the lack of manpower to deal with all the issues.
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on April 8, 2016 11:08PM
    Options