The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP changes intended?

timidobserver
timidobserver
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hey are the massively increased AP gains in Cyrodiil intended? Last night I was getting frequent 9k+ ticks.
V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not Gina, Jessica or Brian but I'm pretty sure they are intended yea.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubled player AP value = larger ticks as ticks are a sum of the value of players killed on the property
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    + the forward camps feeding constant AP
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The AP per player kill was doubled, which also equates to Keep Defenses/Captures will also have increased AP gains.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AP per player kill was doubled, which also equates to Keep Defenses/Captures will also have increased AP gains.

What's the catch?
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

What's the catch?

Lag
    Edited by GRxKnight on March 10, 2016 4:45PM
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    To go along with the doubling of AP value of players, we capped the group bonus modifier to only go up to 50% bonus as opposed to 230% bonus (+10% per group member above 1). This results in smaller groups/solo players getting larger AP gains than much larger groups, but overall the AP gains for large groups remain basically the same.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good change.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea seems fine to me. I ran most of the night with 16-24 and made 400k AP, I'd say it's still good for big groups so a boost to the smaller groups is fair enough.

Gives me some incentive to stay up after main raid and dive bomb with a few guildies.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    To go along with the doubling of AP value of players, we capped the group bonus modifier to only go up to 50% bonus as opposed to 230% bonus (+10% per group member above 1). This results in smaller groups/solo players getting larger AP gains than much larger groups, but overall the AP gains for large groups remain basically the same.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , if you want to discourage larger groups and encourage an environment where small to medium groups are the norm as opposed to raids of 20+, why not make it so that large groups (20+) get LESS AP than a small/mediume group (say 1-12)?

I'm not talking a crazy amount less and I'm spitballing here but what about 75% of the value of a small group?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget FC's extending fights, thus longer fights and bigger ticks.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is an awesome decision. My only concern is that this change comes after the statement on ESO live that the vendors can't be updated because people have to much AP. People are only going to get more now.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , if you want to discourage larger groups and encourage an environment where small to medium groups are the norm as opposed to raids of 20+, why not make it so that large groups (20+) get LESS AP than a small/mediume group (say 1-12)?

I'm not talking a crazy amount less and I'm spitballing here but what about 75% of the value of a small group?

I don't really get this mindset. Why do you need to nerf/punish other people? Why not be satisfied with the buff to small scale. Everybody can do what they like and get similar AP doing it.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 11, 2016 5:40AM

• MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

This is an awesome decision. My only concern is that this change comes after the statement on ESO live that the vendors can't be updated because people have to much AP. People are only going to get more now.

I don't really get this mindset. Why do you need to nerf/punish other people? Why not be satisfied with the buff to small scale. Everybody can do what they like and get similar AP doing it.

Because the server infrastructure or the code or a combination of the two cannot handle 24 man raids running around and relying on the good intentions of zergs to spread out is not going to happen.

This style of game play hurts the game for everyone and encouraging slightly smaller groups will help with the duct tape and bubble gum that is holding the whole thing together.

It's not about punishing anyone, roll around in a 24 man zerg if you want, you'll still make a tonne of AP but you'll make SLIGHTLY more if you make your group smaller AND you'll be helping to make the game more enjoyable too.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because the server infrastructure or the code or a combination of the two cannot handle 24 man raids running around and relying on the good intentions of zergs to spread out is not going to happen.

This style of game play hurts the game for everyone and encouraging slightly smaller groups will help with the duct tape and bubble gum that is holding the whole thing together.

It's not about punishing anyone, roll around in a 24 man zerg if you want, you'll still make a tonne of AP but you'll make SLIGHTLY more if you make your group smaller AND you'll be helping to make the game more enjoyable too.

Punishment is what I see in what you are typing. It isn't good enough for you to receive equal reward for your effort. Nope, you've got to see their rewards reduced. I personally don't roll around in 24 man groups, but I also don't want to nerf their AP.

I prefer a system where larger groups, 1vx'rs, medium groups, and small groups all have a path to obtain equal AP gains. I don't want to see any of the groups punished for their preferred playstyle.