The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What will happen to Trial Accounts after the weekend?

Glory
Glory
Class Representative
One of my buddies is trying out ESO this weekend and I was wondering what will happen to his account after this weekend is over. He's getting pretty attached to his characters so I'm hoping the accounts will be kept? Is there any info on this?

Would love a response! @ZOS_GinaBruno
mDK will rise again.
Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think (but don't quote me) that if your buddy keeps playing, it will remain. If not, I assume they may do a wipe down the line.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    They said that he will not lose progress if he purchases the game by Monday.
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
    |PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much it will become Locked, if they plan to sub for the game or re sub up for the game they star where left off
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the weekend is over, avatars should go back to the vats and gear be split among remaining players.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The souls of players who made trials accounts and then did not keep playing will be sold to demons as soon as the trial ends (well, actually monday after, but only because the demonic soul trading post is closed for the weekend)
    ;)
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    LostRedden wrote: »
    They said that he will not lose progress if he purchases the game by Monday.

Thanks all for responding! Does this mean that if he waits until the holidays his account will be wiped?
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We will save all progress indefinitely so if he doesn't buy the game right away, he will still be able to pick up where he left off.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see what creative names the newbies come up with. Get my alt codes ready so I can steal some of them later.
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will save all progress indefinitely so if he doesn't buy the game right away, he will still be able to pick up where he left off.

...So all those character names will be gone for possibly forever if they don't buy? Hmm.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

...So all those character names will be gone for possibly forever if they don't buy? Hmm.

I had the same thought, thank the maker for alt codes!
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my buddies is trying out ESO this weekend and I was wondering what will happen to his account after this weekend is over. He's getting pretty attached to his characters so I'm hoping the accounts will be kept? Is there any info on this?
    The free weekend just started earlier this morning and he's already getting pretty attached to his characters? Wow. That's a good sign!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Yay! Thank you!
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if these characters are permanent...I'm almost considering that having 2500 personal bank slots worth the time to level 4 characters to level 10...
    What do you guys think?
    Edited by Tyr on December 10, 2015 11:10PM
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you guys please create a Recruit a Friend program?