The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A rollback?

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    And i'm reinstalling the game for the third time, this time from the official site. I've uninstalled it from Steam.

If it doesn't work this time, well Nov 10. cannot come faster.
    Come log Legionnaire TS mads and here us tell you how good it is :D

You on there now? :P
    PC EU
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is so dramatic. Go read a book or something.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do now. Good night. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day to play...
    Please fix the game!
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

Can I be given back the Icebound Vertebrae that was just removed from my inventory thanks to the roll back?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, we believe we have a fix ready for these crashes and rollbacks, and are seeing what we can do to get these rolled out as soon as possible. Stand by...

Any news yet? I am keen to play (love the music in Wrothgar btw, it reminds me a bit of the music in Arcanum) but can't get through the first quest without getting rolled back to Stonefalls :(
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got guildies on EP side (NA) that are getting rolled back but I'm on DC and haven't had a single one.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had four rollbacks this evening - and yes, I lost one of the Orsinium world bosses too :(

(2 million HP? Not something you're going to solo in a hurry)

If you ever do anything important or get something nice then spend the 146 gold and teleport out so you get a save.

Or wait until ZoS gives us a QuickSave...
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, playing new content on the day of release is taking your chances. If you are that eager, rather than wait for the inevitable patches, I wouldn't complain.

This is to no one in particular...

Although, I suppose were should thank you for beta-testing for us. ;)
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on November 2, 2015 10:55PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had four rollbacks this evening - and yes, I lost one of the Orsinium world bosses too :(

If you ever do anything important or get something nice then spend the 146 gold and teleport out so you get a save.

Logging out should work, and it's free!

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Good news all - we're currently in the process of deploying a hotfix for these crashes. We should be wrapped up in the next hour or so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news all - we're currently in the process of deploying a hotfix for these crashes. We should be wrapped up in the next hour or so.

Thank you :)

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Logging out should work, and it's free!

True! But you never know how long it's going to take to log in again ;)

Though the same often applies to wayshrines too :(
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I HOPE IT COMES WITH MY ICEBOUND VERTEBRAE x_x
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I HOPE IT COMES WITH MY ICEBOUND VERTEBRAE x_x

I'd raise a support ticket for that

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. These happened on regular basis for a time during beta. Consider it par for the course around here when things like this happen. It will be fixed shortly.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on fix?
    Don't tank

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Meh. These happened on regular basis for a time during beta. Consider it par for the course around here when things like this happen. It will be fixed shortly.

green shade during beta and early access had this same issue
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    sadownik wrote: »
    Chieve wrote: »
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    The rollbacks are not deliberate - they are tied to very small crashes, which we are actively investigating.
    Could do your job properly AT LEAST ONCE? Just this SINGLE TIME?!

I also don't want to be mean, but even dropping 1001 curses on you would still not be enough to sincerely express how miserably you failed AGAIN.

(...)

Sigh... I don't even know what else to say. You're just not worth our money, sorry.
    :disappointed:

Just wanna say you're talking to the wrong person, shes not a computer science major but the assistabt community manager who probably got a degree in business orcommunications

Regardless you also should know zos is a small team, working on this big mmorpg, and unless you tried writing a program yourself, you never really know how hard it can be to fix somethings, especially something like this with a miilion components mean there could be a number of reasons why an issue happens

If you really want to complain, the person to go to is the director, the person who gives the orders to making the game and person they have to listen too...

And unfortunately im sure they all have experience and knowledge better than you so who are you to tell them how to do their job

No offense but youre extremely ignorant on how problems occur.

Also people...remember this is zos first mmo...so...give them time with stuff like this, they dont have the 10years of knowledge and experience like some major mmorpgs like blizzard

Look propably someone at Z. will appreciate your unwaranted love for their product, but...

1. Im less than a week after gw2 launched huge expansion so i can compare how the launch of dlc is handled there and here.
    2. It might be Z. first MMO, hell in fact thats their first product, but they surly have people who did work on other MMO so this argument is extremely silly.

Can you not see that not being supportive to your rudeness towards a member of staff does NOT equal "unwaranted love" of anything, just an understanding of basic manners - something I was taught as I was growing up, but which many people these days seem to have skipped that particular lesson.

"your" rudness? Where the hell i was rude to ms GIna or Z. el al?

And as you can see i didnt comment on the rudness. I did comment on that very overused argument "programming is hard, you dont get it".

Gw2 staff is different than zos staff

Dont use two different gaming teams as an example of how easy programming by co.paring one mmo company to another. And again still, experience, gw1 then g2, eso is still the first mmo

And unless you designed your own mmo you cant really say how hard it is until you speak on first hand experience

You clear never programmed a game in your life judging by your ignorant statement saying "gw2 was successful so programming was easy" and it shows how ignorant you are with your dumb assumptioms by saying "unwanted love"

I dont agree with with everything in the game but you dont see me personally attacking a member of the staff who seems to be mostly the messenger

Additionally, you dont see me defending the attacker

Its called manners and being a mature adult, not a whiney kid

Before you make an ass of yourself even more let me make things clear,

The orinial person i quoted was personally insulting a staff, and as i said, *** seems to be only a messanger.

However i dont know if she has any programming experience and if she did woth the staff, then youre calling out the wrong person

And before you insult someone, if you have no first hand experience or no understanding at all on the specific issue and how challenging it fan be, you really dont have anything to say.

And my only response to your weird irration to that last statement, you are comparing apples and oranges (gw2 and eso)

Stop lashing out at me for fighting back at the bully, it just shows you are sticking up for the bully.
    Edited by Chieve on November 3, 2015 12:35AM
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok everyone, we just deployed a hotfix on both NA and EU that addresses some of the main crashes that were causing the rollbacks. We're still investigating additional crashes, but for now, you don't need to relog or patch to see the hotfix we just completed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, we just deployed a hotfix on both NA and EU that addresses some of the main crashes that were causing the rollbacks. We're still investigating additional crashes, but for now, you don't need to relog or patch to see the hotfix we just completed.
    ty. just had one and got disconnected but hopefully this will help it.

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
    Don't tank

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Awesome.. any chance it also affected the login servers?? Heck.. I just had to relog into the forums to make this post.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know Gina, haven't experienced a crash since you posted this.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know Gina, haven't experienced a crash since you posted this.

Well.. I just rebooted my Win 8.1 machine, after getting that update about 40 min ago.. and got a patcher manifest error and a re-download of some patches for the game. At least it was quick, completed before I finished typing.

AAAAnd.. STILL cant login to game..says "Error 200"
    Edited by Darlgon on November 3, 2015 1:04AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    I would love to get a rollback. I guess you have to be able to get into the game to be able to get one though.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to confirm that this is still happening. I just had about 20 mins of gameplay rolled back in Orsinium. I got booted, it took about 5 mins before I could log in again and then discovered I had been rolled back.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This didn't help me, i had 3 rollbacks in less then an hour, I gave up for the night and logged. Im not mad about it, just a little disappointed.......i was actually looking forward to playing this, guess i'll have to put it on the backburner for awhile.....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also confirming still happening. Fortunately has only happened once to me so far. As for exactly where I was when it happened...
    In the middle of conversation with the first time you meet Chief Balzrag (already can't spell his name) as he was saying the next caravans needed to be protected. Could not interact with my dialogue option to move the conversation along so was in the middle of entering a bug report when I crashed to login. I then logged in and was in the bear cave with the frozen people - and had to talk to the NPC in there again and carry on
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Honestly, rollbacks happen sometimes, and it can certainly suck when they do, but they're so incredibly rare that I wouldn't worry about them. I've been playing regularly since PC launch and I can count the number of times I've been affected by a rollback on one hand.

They're not Rare today!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a sudden FPS drop from 60fps all day to 17 FPS now and a Latency of 176... this is getting annoying and I am using a 4GB video card.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A million reasons to play (reason#37463 rollbacks, reason#9834 loading screens, reason#56098 lag...)