The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

@ZOS - Please redesign Saddlebags for Horse mounts.

Alphashado
Alphashado
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In the grand scheme of things it's a small request. I understand there are many more important things to address. But sometime in the future please redesign Horse saddlebags. Make them look roughly the same as Cat saddlebags. Or at least give us the option to hide them :)

GOOD
v8hmrq.png

NOT SO GOOD
156e9lg.png

• blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, that's the reason I run tiger. I hate the big fat bags on horse
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Even better, let us choose what it looks like. (Dyes, belts etc..)
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Please.

These ugly (and lazy) saddle bags are the reason I don't use a horse mount.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree. Not a priority but agree.
    Was kinda lazy to just slap backpacks on the side of the horses.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree. I don't use any of the nice horses I have in my collection due to this one issue and won't be buying that nice looking frost mare due to the ugly saddlebag art. Change the art or better yet give us the option to hide any or all of the mount upgrades.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seconded!

The saddlebags on the horse are a result of laziness, just reusing an existing mesh and plonking it on without giving it further thought. The result is ugly, sloppy and not at all streamlined for the poor horse. Have your guys ever seen a saddlebag? They're flatter, closer to the horse's body and much tidier-looking, even when full.

Cats and guars both have properly-done bags, so why not apply them to the horse as well?
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Or at least give us the option to hide them :)
    Definitely agree, at the very least give us the option not to see them.

Or, if development would like to make an effort: Log on to Lord of the Rings Online, and see what they do with the Warsteed mount cosmetic options in that MMO.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 27, 2015 9:55AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god yes. Everything about the horses is designed as if the devs never saw a real horse in their lives. Saddlebags don't look like this!
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Even better, maybe they can let us customise the look of the mount. eg. various saddlebag designs, dyed etc.

Would be pretty awesome to add to the game.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Agreed, that's the reason I run tiger. I hate the big fat bags on horse

This.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us actually like the large saddle bags, but agree should be some size options for accessories as not everyone likes the same thing.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What im looking for is option to pick what "mount improvement" should show atm.

There is better saddle for speed, saddlebags for capacity and armor for stamina but you can have visible only 2 at once. And apparently right now there is no option to pick which you want to see if you have all stats above 30
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    ~ninja smoke~

The option to hide individually each part of your mount's visual upgrades will be coming in a future patch, subject to the will of Sheogorath. Like the Hide Helm option, you'll be able to Hide your Mount's Stamina Visual Upgrade, Speed Visual Upgrade, or Carry Capacity Upgrade. It will not change the performance of your mount, just the visual appearance, and like hide helm, your selection will be visible to other players.

:smiley:
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    ~ninja smoke~

The option to hide individually each part of your mount's visual upgrades will be coming in a future patch, subject to the will of Sheogorath. Like the Hide Helm option, you'll be able to Hide your Mount's Stamina Visual Upgrade, Speed Visual Upgrade, or Carry Capacity Upgrade. It will not change the performance of your mount, just the visual appearance, and like hide helm, your selection will be visible to other players.

Thank you for giving the player more choice when it comes to things like this! :)
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ~ninja smoke~

Very nice!! I know a lot of people have been asking about whether this was coming and wishing it were. It's a common mention in-game when people talk about new mounts =).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich What happened to the coloured blanket that you got for reaching a particular horse upgrade level (possibly upgrade Level 50?) which seems to have disappeared following the move from feeding to riding skill?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~ninja smoke~

I came from the dev tracker.. any comment that starts with ninja smoke will get my attention.

I'm excited to hear this is still in the plan! I don't want armor :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich What happened to the coloured blanket that you got for reaching a particular horse upgrade level (possibly upgrade Level 50?) which seems to have disappeared following the move from feeding to riding skill?

I would also like to know this, maybe @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno can do some investigating? I expected to get it back once I hit 60/60/60 on a character but it didn't appear.

I do miss my golden blanket!
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they are at it, they might want to improve the conformation on the horse. I cringe every time I look at those hind legs o_O
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Or, if development would like to make an effort: Log on to Lord of the Rings Online, and see what they do with the Warsteed mount cosmetic options in that MMO.

This please.

I like LOTRO's warsteed cosmetic options and their cosmetic system in general (and cosmetic weapons/shields are coming really soon). My real money spending on LOTRO's cosmetic stuff, character and warsteed, is (barely) second only to my spending for storage.

I haven't found anything here to spend money on yet... And I'd actually like to.
    Edited by Altairien on June 30, 2015 4:07AM
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    The horse saddlebags look like a pair of old #@&% sacs draped over the horse. They don't even animate when the horse jumps. Ugly, lazy, sloppy design.

It's good that they are going to implement an option to turn the saddlebag and other horse visuals off. But isn't it a sad day for the art department when players would rather toggle your artwork off?
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    ~ninja smoke~

Subject to the will of Sheogorath...lol...amusing way of saying there are no hard-set timelines yet. I know I should be annoyed, but that made me laugh :)
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    Thank you for giving the player more choice when it comes to things like this! :)

@KriHavok - Subject to the will of Sheogorath, such things will continue.
    Very nice!! I know a lot of people have been asking about whether this was coming and wishing it were. It's a common mention in-game when people talk about new mounts =).

@Attorneyatlawl - We've got a few things coming that should knock a few things off of the common complaint list. :wink:
    Paulington wrote: »

I would also like to know this, maybe @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno can do some investigating? I expected to get it back once I hit 60/60/60 on a character but it didn't appear.

@Enodoc @Paulington - A different group deals with the models.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I came from the dev tracker.. any comment that starts with ninja smoke will get my attention.

@MissBizz - :smiley:
    While they are at it, they might want to improve the conformation on the horse. I cringe every time I look at those hind legs o_O

@LadyDestiny - Different department from the engineering side of things.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Attorneyatlawl - We've got a few things coming that should knock a few things off of the common complaint list. :wink:

j2mfH9b.jpg
    P.S. Ninja smoke for the win :smile:.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 2, 2015 12:02PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks @ZOS_RyanRuzich, do you have any idea who would be best to ask about the golden blanket issue?
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you @ZOS_RyanRuzich for the in-depth response. This type of response is refreshing and very much appreciated.
    Edited by Alphashado on July 2, 2015 2:01PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    In regards to the alliance-based horse blankets that were once in the game, we removed the with Update 6 due to a number of visual bugs. Our apologies that we missed this in the Update 6 patch notes! We do see frequent requests for additional mount customization—how we can achieve and deliver that is an ongoing discussion.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the alliance-based horse blankets that were once in the game, we removed the with Update 6 due to a number of visual bugs. Our apologies that we missed this in the Update 6 patch notes! We do see frequent requests for additional mount customization—how we can achieve and deliver that is an ongoing discussion.

I myself is glad to hear that is an ongoing discussion!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately for you, I fear you're implementation of said "fixes" come far too late to save the dedicated players you so-hoped to keep...
    Edited by nastuug on July 2, 2015 5:13PM