The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Must Jewelry crafting skill be added as soon as possible?

alifesoft
alifesoft
✭✭
I thing the Jewelry crafting skill must be added to this game as soon as possible because paying for the one ring from set about 20000 gold it is abnormal. Crafters spend more then 100 hours of their time, about 100 skill points and about one million gold and cannot create two full sets. In this game everyone must have ability to go with its own way, but not farming and grinding all day about. Think it will be more fair to add set items to the Crown Store that not adding Jewelry crafting skill to the game.
Edited by alifesoft on April 18, 2015 4:05PM

Must Jewelry crafting skill be added as soon as possible? 155 votes

I will finish with this game if Jewelry crafting skill willn't be added till September 2015.
12%
lordxyrax_ESOKalikiMoonshadow66Azuriel02Prizaxahstin2001nub18_ESODasRotvovus69eNumbraradiostarTallowbyCytoxxHerrRhodesalifesoftblacklight25Levo18RinmaethodainGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALEoTRampage 19 votes
Jewelry crafting skill must be added to this game but this isn't urgent.
65%
Kaynlorpharstrider_ESOGidorickvailjohn_ESORizcarnSlurgeventide03b14a_ESObigscoothb14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOdesciviib14_ESOIllumousglakSentinelTelelAmarynthAngersRevengeThatNeonZebraAgainmyrrrorb14_ESOLeijonaWhiteCoatSyndrome 102 votes
Jewelry crafting skill mustn't be added, because it breaks balance.
4%
GoresnorttengriWeberdaJakeolMarenneSurustonerskate109 7 votes
I don't worry about this.
17%
ThymosRook_MasterAcrolasPKMN12DiviniusFreemanDeomeLadyNerevareserras7b16_ESOdawnhawkValen_ByteSharees7732425ub17_ESOSoulScreamelias.stormneb18_ESORealRobDSHADOW2KKTandorRa1neVictus 27 votes
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chill my friend, we all want this.. "A Soul is not Forced on the Unwilling"
    2ry6gb2oud.jpg
    Edited by lihentian on April 18, 2015 4:09PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not needed.
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    I will finish with this game if Jewelry crafting skill willn't be added till September 2015.
    It's not needed.

The other solution can be in addition all farming sets to the Crown Store. It will be fair for crafters.
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    Just now one asked 240k gold for the blue Arch-Mage Set. The Jewelry must be added just after console release because it will be fair to add these sets to the Crown Store. So, I can decide spend 240k gold or 2400 crowns.

Jewelry economy is overheated.
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    I have bought two warlock rings and necklace vr1 all for 5k. I think this is fair price. But JEWELRY CRAFTING MUST BE ADDED.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi it will be only for craftable sets and pieces like warlock and arch-mage will still only be dropped
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    fyi it will be only for craftable sets and pieces like warlock and arch-mage will still only be dropped

Yes, but I will be fully glad to have full Seducer and full Magnus sets for my templar in the same time. If I want to buy warlock set i will buy it, but I must have a choice.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I very much want to be able to craft jewelry so each of my characters has the option to wear two matching 5-piece crafted sets instead of 1 crafted set and 1 dropped set that includes jewelry and a couple of random styled armor pieces. But it would probably drop demand on a lot of the dropped sets if everyone could craft their own jewelry instead of killing 100 random mobs for a warlock ring or paying thousands to get them from other players.

So then my concern would be ZOS "rebalancing" to make the crafted sets worse to keep the demand for the dropped sets up. And I don't want to see crafted sets get nerfed. So I am conflicted.

I'd like to think if they take their time with it, there could be a fair balance.
    Edited by Slurg on April 21, 2015 3:18PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting should be included with the launch of the game. Still not sure when that will he as we are still in beta.
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    >>So then my concern would be ZOS "rebalancing" to make the crafted sets worse to keep the demand for the dropped sets up.

But getting crafted sets and dropped sets takes the same time. Even dropped set you can get more faster. Because for the crafter you must level up some alts or gather all skyshards to improve all crafting trees.

The solution here is can be in this. If you wear crafted item which was created by your account (can be created by any char from your account) you take full power of these set. If someone just buy set, the set power is nerfed on 20%. This will be fair for crafters. You can spend a lot of time to kill mobs or improve crafting skills.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But jewelry sets should be separate from the crafted sets we have now.
    The Moot Councillor
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Why. You can do any sets by your own, but set must have full power if it is worn by the crafter account.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to finish, or TRY my best to stay motivated and finish this game. Jewelrycrafting doesn't really mean anything to me.

Also, just a note, willn't?

Basically your 1st answer selection is I will finish this game if jewelcrafting will not be added till September 2015?
    Why you have a date? Whats so special about September 2015? Why not add soon or a few months from now? I don't like how that answer is worded.

Rather have them work on other stuff than them implement a jewelcrafting tradeskill.
    Rather have raid bosses, a more fun legermain, non crashing game, game promoting grouping (like if ya group ya get 50% increase on better loot and 50% more xp.... Oh now why would you solo?? And now everyone groups, and you actually make friends, and what not). This games group game sucks. Only time I get a group is when I'm PvPing or dungeon, no reason at all to havea group besides that, which there should be a reason.
    Rather have some zones you have to trek through too, like you gotta stick with others to get further into the zone. Everquest had this and I liked it. Like you had to be in a group and slowly progress to the cool camp areas. I don't think you should have a group, because currently people don't like to group and its hard to get people to group up, but people sticking together and trekking through a zone, this game needs it, its fun with MMORPGs, its a good thing. Makes game feel a bit more intense and if you die its more intense because you cant easily get back to where you were due to having to trek through a bunch of mobs all over again. This game needs to stop being too easy mode and have some intense type feelings, like when you die you actually feel bad and such. Everquest had this with you have to go back and loot your corpse, not saying it has to be like that, but truth be told, it was a burden, but people enjoyed it, when they look back on it, it was actually fun... Sometimes you die in really really nasty zones in a nasty spot, and only people that can help you are the REAL high levels and raid players and good players, happened to me a few times and I thought I'd never get my corpse back, but I'd get a tell from some players people look up to because how great they are at the game (time invested, skilled, in raid guild, rich, has many friends, etc) and they'd offer to rez me and it felt awesome because someone that caliber helping me out. I see and hear a lot of threads complaing about Veteran ranks taking too long, well obviously yall never played Everquest, especially back in 2005 or later. You die you pretty much lost A LOT of xp, and there wasn't many people that could do that 96% xp back rez on you. There was VERY few people at high levels and they were respected like they should be. I see plentiful of Veteran ranks 14, so don't even talk about how tough it is to level up.

But ya, I think theres so much other stuff that they could do besides work on jewelcrafting. Hence I don't worry about this.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 24, 2015 4:25PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alifesoft wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Why. You can do any sets by your own, but set must have full power if it is worn by the crafter account.

Sorry, I was responding to the thread OP, not to your specific suggestion.

I don't think your suggestion is a good one. It would ruin the crafting economy in the game because nobody would by a set made by someone else.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is LONG overdue. I'm sick and tired of getting price-gouged on sets that only drop in group-walled content!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    nah.. i think the jewelry enhancement gylphs are good enough since u can re-enchant any jewelry to whatever you want on it
    I'm outta here
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely as soon as possible without jewelry crafting gearing my toons out feels incomplete. Imagine the possibilities of you could make seduced or ashen grip jewelry to plan out your builds.
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drop sets should be a little better; not so much that it discourages crafting but just enough to encourage demand on drops by the people looking for that extra bit of stat. It would allow "Casual" players to be able to be cool guy/girl and yet the intense players would still have a reason to make the extra effort for something a little above the rest.
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see other fixes, balances, skill lines and CONTENT added before jewelry crafting.

I'd also like to see specific, 3 piece jewelry sets, as well as options for making jewelry in the already craft able sets.

This, of course, needs to be it's own crafting skill line, or potentially be added to metal or enchanting at the cost of more skill points.

There was an awesome breakdown of how this could be implemented as its own skill line quite some time back; I'll see if it can be found......
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like it but I don't worry about this, especially not for economic reasons.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    i won't quit because of a craft, but i do think it should be pretty high on the priority list. it shoulda been there from the start imo. that being said, i would still be using my dropped jewelry set regardless. i could see it bring a better balance to the cost of jewelry on the market, but i don't think the effect on dropped set prices are going to be as dramatic as people may think.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewellers really should be an option in ESO.
    But I can see why the skill instn't there yet - not enough to craft/research. For it to be viable, there needs to be more then rings and amulets jewellers can spend their craftyness on... even woodworking has at least managed to get six things to research and craft... (shields, bows, three destro and one resto staves...)

I made some suggestions in other threads, crossing over to how I really would like to see more "weapon" options for destruction and restoration magic then the old "staff" - there are other options we could have - wands (from breton harry potter style wizards wands to imperial legates batons, from altmer faery wand style to argonian shaman rattle) and spell foci (from dunmer tribunal holy symbols to khajiit moonstone, from ancient elf welkyn stone to reachmen gemmed skull fetish, from deadric focus to imperial amulet of kings reproductions...) - all those would be possibly to add to a gemcrafters skill tab to research traits from, bringing their possibilities up to ten, which is more then woodworking has at this time...

Another thing jewellers could craft was crowns. In light, medium and heavy version, to give an alternate headgear options for all who like to feel all noble and such (though I'd want to see those things have a good deal less protection then proper armor - say, half the protection, but some special effect instead...)

And of course, making better lockpicks would also be a viable possibility...

Take all that, and jewellers become more then viable. Well, maybe someday a developeer picks up some ideas along those lines, I know I will eagerly jump on it with a character or two when it happens! ;)
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    I asked about this problem ESO tecnical support:
    "Could you reveal when Jewelry crafting skill will be added to The ESO?

Because polling shows that more then 75% of players want this improvement."

And here is their answer:
    "Dear Alexandr,

Good afternoon to you, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to contact us. We appreciate your continued interest and support of our game. My name is Cedric, and I am with the Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support Team.

We appreciate your interest, the developers have not decided anything on jewelry crafting and when they do they will announce it on the forums page so that is would be the place when the decision is made that everyone will be told. When that line becomes available, it will be quite awesome to the game, I totally agree with you there.

Keep appraised as you have been on the forums and that is where the news will break.

I will close this reference number, 150427-000915, out as resolved but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reply back to this email and it will re-open.

Sincerely,

The Sorcerer of Fiery Destruction
    on
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team"
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necklace and bracelet and four earrings and two rings on each finger and three toe rings and a tail ring and nine gold teeth.
    I'm so bling the CP gained cue plays whenever I enter a public place.
    signing off
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Necklace and bracelet and four earrings and two rings on each finger and three toe rings and a tail ring and nine gold teeth.
    I'm so bling the CP gained cue plays whenever I enter a public place.

Why? I think it will be fully enough one Necklace, two bracelet, one earrings to the belly and ten rings. And it would be full Lord of the Rings :)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly something to be welcomed when it happens, but hardly a priority.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Let's be able to explore the whole of Tamriel before we worry about jewelry crafting.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Let's be able to explore the whole of Tamriel before we worry about jewelry crafting.

But i dont want to see new stuff i want the bling bling because i hasta sparkle. :D
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Its like someone said, "OMG! We forgot to add rings and necklaces to the game!!" at the last moment. There is no other reason I can think of that they wouldn't include craftable jewelry from the start.

That being said, Jewl crafting is not an essential part of the whole ESO MMO experience so I can go without it for a while. I would much rather have spell crafting and a reputation system worked on first after they fix all the long standing bugs and glitches.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    jkemmery wrote: »

But i dont want to see new stuff i want the bling bling because i hasta sparkle. :D

But you already do my friend, you already do...