The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Orienteering Challenge Overview

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings Explorers!

This weekend, the ESO Orienteering Challenge will test your cross-country navigation skills with three tracks for you to explore.

On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the given time, you’ll find a thread with a clue for the starting point and a list of landmarks to find linked in this post. Follow the clues to the final destination, take a screenshot of your character performing the mentioned emote, and prove your worth as an explorer in Tamriel!

Challenge #1 – Friday, December 19th at 9:00PM EST
Challenge #2 – Saturday, December 20th at 11:00AM EST
Challenge #3 – Sunday, December 21st at 1:00PM EST

You can read the full contest rules here.

Good luck and safe travels!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome Jason, was thinking of something similar for a guild event! Thank you guys for this!
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    This might be cool.
    Question: Is it the standard 'find a host and paste the link' for screenshots, here?

Edit with Answer: Yes. lol

553022_333976466717102_671175871_n_zps817c3278.jpg
    Edited by AaronMB on December 19, 2014 8:33PM
  • Gilgs
    Gilgs
    Soul Shriven
    Why is Australia not mentioned in the Rules ... We always get left out of everything, despite having a heavy presence in the game.
    The southern hemisphere exists too people :pensive:
    Edited by Gilgs on December 19, 2014 8:40PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey: great contest idea. I'll be sure to join in. :)
    All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia) and excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter, and verification may be required before a winner is announced. Verification of age and residency requirements may be required before the winner is announced. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
    I'm a bit confused by the geographic limitation though. For example, players from Switzerland, Australia or Norway wouldn't be able to participate?
    Wololo.
  • Vixani
    Vixani
    Soul Shriven
    What if you already have the Bristlegut Piglet on your account? Can you still participate and give the code away if you win?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super cool :) Just sad that im not hope the next few days :neutral_face:
  • Thron
    Thron
    *Breaks his F5 key looking for clues*
    Edited by Thron on December 20, 2014 2:01AM
  • Dpedro1978_ESO
    Dpedro1978_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey: great contest idea. I'll be sure to join in. :)
    All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia) and excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths; or (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter, and verification may be required before a winner is announced. Verification of age and residency requirements may be required before the winner is announced. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
    I'm a bit confused by the geographic limitation though. For example, players from Switzerland, Australia or Norway wouldn't be able to participate?

I Agree why are some of the players not able to participate?

• Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea not up yet
  • Valor
    Valor
    ✭✭✭
    I am no mere explorer, I AM DORA THE EXPLORER!!! *hits F5 in anticipation*
    Miniskirt Enthusiast

Jacob Black|DC|Nightblade|Emped on 9/8/17

#TeamJacob
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    The opening post has been updated with the link to the first clues. Good luck!
    Kai Schober
    Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
    Staff Post
  • CaptainKickles
    CaptainKickles
    Soul Shriven
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you had to put it here :disappointed_relieved:fAam7Ti.jpg
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    My goodness, now you force me to learn how to take screenshots.... what a rip-off
  • Thron
    Thron
    Jofish wrote: »
    My goodness, now you force me to learn how to take screenshots.... what a rip-off
    PrtScn button by default.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thron wrote: »
    Jofish wrote: »
    PrtScn button by default.

1) Buy a multitask printer with a scan function.
    2) Scan your screen.
    3) Print the result.
    4) Take a picture of the printed version with your phone.
    5) Post the picture in the proper topic.

Come on, it's easy!

You can also use the Print Screen key by default, as stated above.
    Wololo.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool competition, but excluding people who do not live in USA and EU is very insulting. You should either allow players from every country in the world to participate or not have any competition at all.
    Halcyon Black
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZoS_PaulSage Someone REALLY needs to redefine how the Dev tracker shows ZoS posts. This kinda thing should show in the Dev Tracker, so people know about dev events and comments. Right now, the only way to see if a ZoS officially talked about anything is to browse around looking for the green Oboros at the front of a thread and then dig thru the thread, hoping that the official word isnt something from May 2014.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Campiclatchb14_ESO
    Greetings Explorers!

Challenge #2 – Saturday, December 20th at 11:00AM EST

I'm getting impatient :(
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    The opening post has been updated with the link to the clues for the second challenge. Good luck!
    Kai Schober
    Staff Post
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    gpKlMFd.jpg
  • Vilda
    Vilda
    Soul Shriven
    xCelWQB.png
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    I think you two might have killed me at the shrine :D
    Vilda wrote: »
    xCelWQB.png

• Masterken
    Masterken
    ✭✭✭
    here at shrine
    Edited by Masterken on December 20, 2014 5:15PM
    @Masterken | EU PC Megaserver |

Cloud Chasers PVE italian Guild -Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Tick Tock Tormentor / Immortal Redeemer / Gryphon Heart / Unchained

PVP toons:

- Gan-Ken DC Wood Elf Stamblade AR 47
    - Necro-Kencer DC Nord StamCro AR 35
    - Frosty The Snow Ken DC Nord Stamden AR 40

• criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    Just to prove myself, that I can find it
    HR3tfTO.jpg
  • Vilda
    Vilda
    Soul Shriven
    criscal wrote: »
    xCelWQB.png

Might have been us, we did kill a red guy that was there when we got there, but I think he looked different? In http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143599/eso-orienteering-challenge-day-2 there's basically the same picture I have, but taken by my partner, and there you can see a bit of our victim. So sorry if we killed you but we took the safe path. ;P I can however say that it was an even fight and you (or whoever it was) almost took us both down. :)
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    It's time for the 3rd challenge of this weekend. Follow the link in the first post to find the clues. Good luck!
    Kai Schober
    Staff Post
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore this post or remove it.
    Edited by nordsavage on December 21, 2014 7:15PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that looks quite like my character with the preferred barbarian club lying next to the body and the red / black guild tabard. Well, better safe than sorry :D I can understand that.
    criscal wrote: »
    xCelWQB.png

Might have been us, we did kill a red guy that was there when we got there, but I think he looked different? In http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143599/eso-orienteering-challenge-day-2 there's basically the same picture I have, but taken by my partner, and there you can see a bit of our victim. So sorry if we killed you but we took the safe path. ;P I can however say that it was an even fight and you (or whoever it was) almost took us both down. :)