The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Will There Be An Halloween Event?

Rhaegon
Rhaegon
✭✭
I am wondering: Is Zenimax is planning anything related to a Halloween event or something for October 31st? Or will the Halloween event be directed by major guilds?
  • GoatKnuckle
    GoatKnuckle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it will last for 3 days starting on the 29th. More details incoming.
    Options
  • Rhaegon
    Rhaegon
    ✭✭
    3 days? Odd, most of MMOs' events last for weeks. If it's only 3 days, I'm eager to get more information about it =D
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, all I have heard is guild related. Since the Tamriel event closest to Halloween has already passed (commemorated by an RP event).

I do hope that they do not do a formal Halloween event.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird,.because I remember them saying we would not have any events from real life, or any specific.events in the near future by that matter, and I haven't read anything.about it. If we really had it as @GoatKnuckle said, it would have been advertised and mentioned In The Road Ahead article. So, sorry OP, but probably no Halloween events. (unless source is linked and I am proven wrong in which case I will apologise)
    Edited by Csub on October 16, 2014 10:56PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • Rhaegon
    Rhaegon
    ✭✭
    A perfect idea would be making a Tamriel calendar for the game, but it would be hard to make events so fast, since there are like 4 game days for 1 real day. Anything related to Halloween that is not Halloween would be also awesome! (Maybe something with ghosts, zombies, costumes, pumpkins, anything)
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't we just have the new Emperor decree there is a new official holiday and blame it on the Imperials?
    Options
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegon wrote: »
    A perfect idea would be making a Tamriel calendar for the game, but it would be hard to make events so fast, since there are like 4 game days for 1 real day. Anything related to Halloween that is not Halloween would be also awesome! (Maybe something with ghosts, zombies, costumes, pumpkins, anything)

Could always just extend Tamrielic festivities to an in-game week and get two days of real-time celebration out of them. Then again most Tamrielic holidays are pretty minor affairs.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
    Options
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In german forum @ZOS_KaiSchober told us that there will be no official Halloween Event. Besides that they are open to support player created events.
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

Options
  • Rhaegon
    Rhaegon
    ✭✭
    Player events are boring if they don't put anything new. Add some costumes would be nice.
    Options
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    basically if it doesnt financially benefit them..
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In german forum @ZOS_KaiSchober told us that there will be no official Halloween Event. Besides that they are open to support player created events.

Bethesda (and now ZOS by association) are too used to letting players fix their games for them (all the modding for Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, and now the addon community for ESO). It's just laziness not to add events for us.
    Options
  • Rhaegon
    Rhaegon
    ✭✭
    Can't say if they are busy, lazy or just forgot to plan an event and now have no time to do it.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    Weird,.because I remember them saying we would not have any events from real life, or any specific.events in the near future by that matter, and I haven't read anything.about it. If we really had it as @GoatKnuckle said, it would have been advertised and mentioned In The Road Ahead article. So, sorry OP, but probably no Halloween events. (unless source is linked and I am proven wrong in which case I will apologise)

Where's your link and info pertaining to your certainty of it not happening?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My RP guild is hosting a tournament on 10/31/14. We have to use an offsite page for the dice rolls to make things fair but there will be jousting, horse racing, racing, and fighting contests.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No the immersion people would start making threats.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    While the time for it has technically past, there is the Witches Festival on October 13th (13th of Frostfall in game).
    Today is the 13th of Frostfall, known throughout Tamriel as the Witches' Festival when the forces of sorcery and religion clash. The Mages Guild gets most of the business since weapons and items are evaluated for their mystic potential free of charge and magic spells are one half their usual price. Demonologists, conjurors, lamias, warlocks, and thaumaturgists meet in the wilderness outside (the city), and the creatures created or summoned there may plague Tamriel for eons. Most wise men choose not to wander this night. In Daggerfall, this is the Summoning Day for Mephala.

This could have been worked rather easily in to an in-game event. Easily in that other games have had similar monster summoning events.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's halloween already in the game. Ice wraiths everywhere :)

And so much people are visiting the zombies in coldharbor too.

Hmm come to think of it... just bring your ice wraith and go to coldharbor and it's halloween all the time :)
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    Options
  • Jorvag_Black_Briar
    I think Elder Scrolls universe don't have this type of holidays, but.. but! As far as I know, only Bretons would have an event such as this, knowing they are related to all that celtic stuffs.
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they keep real life holidays out of Tamriel. I am okay with festivals or lore friendly holidays in game... but no Halloween/Xmas, etc.
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Halloween isn't on this list, it should not be in ESO.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh at ease already, a little levity won't turn the game into WoW.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on October 17, 2014 6:13AM

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should still have some sort of event regardless. Halloween isn't in MANY MMO worlds but it's still one of the best events in MMOs these days. They need to get moving and make it happen if some sort of event isn't already in the works!
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on October 17, 2014 6:02AM
    Options
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

Where's your link and info pertaining to your certainty of it not happening?
    I remember them.writing shortly after release they wouldn't have holidays based on real life ones but might have some based Tamrielic ones but they had no plans for them for a while either. I am on my phone so can't really look it up now but don't you think they would have announced it by now? Only 2 weeks left and they announce everything weeks, if not months ahead.

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope so, it will make a lot of the "Let's keep this game free from pop culture" care-bears rage.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope they decide to do something, there's been no flavor content since launch.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love this game, I will be spending my holloween trying not to die of alcohol poisoning. That being said, I'd only be cool with a lore friendly version of holloween hijinks. I'm usually very cordial with folks on here and open to others' opinions. But, anyone who want jack-o-lanterns, trick or treating, or anything similar to the crap in other mmos can... Can... Can... (Insert insult here).

P.S. I usually would consider myself a very capable spewer of insults. However, I have really no idea what is consider inappropriate. I simply assume the 1st 20 things that come to my head would be censored. So, rather than look like a preschooler, use your *rainbows*IMAGINATION*rainbows*
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just run around in my skeleton costume for a bit - especially at night. I expect other players will be doing the same. I might do it in low level areas and scare the young uns.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Hopefully they keep real life holidays out of Tamriel. I am okay with festivals or lore friendly holidays in game... but no Halloween/Xmas, etc.

If that would just happen...
    I didn't hear of lore, ingame holidays with the "appropriate" events, Did you?
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

Options
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Dremora costume, that's all.
    Options