The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I can't see my own spells in Cyrodil.

Sallington
Sallington
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Does this happen to anyone else in large fights? Or even persisting through large fights if I'm running around solo afterward.

I can't see any of the spells I cast. My character goes through the animation, but I can see 0 spell effects. My magelight blips in for a second every once in a while.

I have my particle settings maxed. Is there a way to prioritize my own spell effects? Any .INI tweaks?

It sucks not knowing where my blazing spear landed or who my heals are going to, or not seeing a dot I put on an enemy. Did I even put a dot on him? WHO KNOWS!?
Daggerfall Covenant
Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem constantly. It's even better when my character doesn't even do the animations. The only way I know I have performed the action requested is that my magicka has gone down (or stamina) and then I get damage reports.

It makes it REALLY hard to play.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this issue as well, but I have always assumed it is my very average PC struggling with all the shiny stuff...
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this happening to me since the latest update, can't see any effects during large battles. Even after the large battle if i start attacking in a group of say 10 people the effects no longer show unless i log out. This prioritise FX thing or what ever it was has borked something up for me.
    Options
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is borked right now.

With the number of crashes and bugs people are experiencing I am surprised the log in server has not pooped itself.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As is said, often the game bugs out and doesn't play any animations when using skills. That is, if it bugs out in such a way that you can even still use your skills, since most of the time it just completely craps out and doesn't let you do anything.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 19, 2014 8:17AM
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this been mentioned anywhere recently? I never see any discussions about it, and it's a huge problem for me in large fights. Not being able to see any skills from me or the people I'm fighting just turns fighting into a button-mashing fest, not knowing where any damage is coming from.
    Edited by Sallington on October 14, 2014 5:35PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my spells, and even other peoples spells/abilties whatever, are invisible to me. I can only see the glowing effect. Usually whenever I whip people, I can see the lava whip animation, but don't actually see the effect. Same with everything else. Reflective scales, i.e. you use it but you can't see the wings...

Even on siege weapons, sometimes at prime time it gets so bad you're just shooting with invisible objects.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since the lighting patch perfomance in Cyrodiil has been fukced.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Retired
    Options
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever since the lighting patch perfomance in Cyrodiil has been fukced.

Quoted for truth
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me.

Sometimes I get the bug where your weapons are "stuck." You see no animations (not even a light attack), but your magicka goes down and I am getting damage reports from FTC. So, something is happening, but I can't see it. This goes away if I die.

And when there are really, really large fights (usually 3 factions at the same keep or a massive zerg from an opposing faction) sometimes I can't see incoming spells at all. I'll get hit from something like Crystal Shards, but there was no incoming animation even though I'm staring at the person who cast it. Or I won't see any siege circles on the ground, but i'll die and my damage recap shows me I was hit by a ballista or oil.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.

For me there are two issues I'm having which could be related to this....

1. Sometimes, usually right after zoning or using the instant travel in cyrodiil, all of a sudden certain skills will stop having any graphical or sound effect. For example, Streak will have no sound and no gfx but Harness Magicka will. The only way to fix this (and it is unreliable) is to zone.

2. Other times, during massive battles all of a sudden all of my effects will stop. I can still run around and cast spells, but my character doesn't go through a casting animation. The only way to know I'm still actually casting spells is because of my add-on showing dmg to people. Sounds also still seem to be playing while this happens. I do not know of a way to fix this and it usually persists until I die. I only noticed this recently since the last patch.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in large laggy battles like the op is talking about, i imagine everyone experiences it. nothing works in a large keep battle at primetime.
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for looking into this!

More info on my personal experience: It's a gradual progression from seeing all of the skill effects, to only seeing some, to not seeing anything at all.

Usually, if I leave the large fight for a while, and go somewhere much less crowded, I'll be able to see the effects and visuals again, but my avatar will retain this blackened char-like effect on it. It almost looks like my toon was tossed in a fire.

I have my particle settings maxed.

GTX 970
    16GB RAM
    FX-6300 @4.5ghz
    Edited by Sallington on October 14, 2014 6:46PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well pretty much most of my guildies so that's 10+ people. Some are ever running with uber high-end PCs.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on October 14, 2014 6:44PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Retired
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks all. Should've asked this earlier, but which megaserver and campaign are you all on?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks all. Should've asked this earlier, but which megaserver and campaign are you all on?

Thornblade NA currently, but I've experienced this on Chillrend as well, and the old 90 day campaign.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭

Thornblade NA.
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes NA Thornblade....basically, tells dem tech guys to make the servers more stable. If they can't, lower pop caps so the game is actlly playable at primetime.
    Options
  • dreadlaxb16_ESO
    Me too, sometimes I can't see my spell casting but my mana goes down and I still do damages. EU megaserver Thornblade
    <3:p<3
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Formerly chillrend now haderus. For me this happens the most with banner. People roll out of my banner before I even know it successfully dropped. I have had it take 15 seconds to appear.

I am also not seeing spells reflect even though my combat cloud says it was reflected.
    Edited by Armitas on October 14, 2014 7:50PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade EU here.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Retired
    Options
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Azura's star EU.
    Started this night. Once affected, does not seem to go away except for relog.
    Options
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azura's Star (EU)
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

It happens to me all the time on Thornblade and even Haderus NA.

Only way to fix it is to relog.

I'll provide video evidence for you if you think it would help.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server, Azuras Star.

For me, the spell-effekts of certain skills "disapear" at what seems to be random times. This most often happens in Cyrodiil, but the problem is not strictly exclusive to the PvP zone. What happens, is that I am playing normally, and suddenly some of my spell effects are no longer displayed. Most often, this affects the projectiles of Crystall Fragment and Force Shock, sometimes my Hardened Ward or Streak. Usually my skills still function, as I can see the damage on the enemy when using them, or avoid damage when shielding myself - I just never see the appropriate animations and FX for the skill-usuage
    Options
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    Thornblade NA. I've been getting culling of particle effects ever since 1.4. The culling is completely illogical. It doesn't matter what I set the sliders to. Once the game has determined there is enough activity to start culling particle effects for me (no matter if my sliders are all the way up or not), it doesn't go away, even when local or server activity goes down to nothing. I didn't have a problem with frame rates or lag while being able to see particle effects before 1.4 introduced culling so I'm not sure why the game culls effects that I've set to not get culled.

In short: The game is not respecting my slider settings and once it begins to cull nearly all particle effects are permanently missing until I relog.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Would anyone happen to have a video showing this, by chance? We're going to start digging into this today, but videos always help!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thornblade NA. Happens to me every time I pvp...which isnt very much because it is so utterly broken with forward camps and zergs.

Ill be using abilities, and I have no animations, no effects..but the spells do work against my opponent. Only happens around zergs and keeps.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me twice on Azura's Star today. I wish I'd checked this post then or I would have recorded it.

I'll do so and post it here the next time it happens to me.

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ the sound bug still happens 100% of the time I log into my alt and then log out and log into my main who is in Cyrodiil. It still isn't fixed and is 100% reproduceable.

Edited by Ezareth on October 16, 2014 7:31AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options