Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"reduce weapon enchantment internal cooldown" - huh?

tengri
tengri
✭✭✭✭✭
What exactly is and how does this "internal cooldown" work in the first place?
And maybe some real game life examples would help me understand all this better...
Someone please explain to me.
  • Radom101
    Radom101
    Soul Shriven
    Have you seen a weapon with increase of power or shield buff that will have description similar to "increase weapon and spell power by 5 for 15 sec , can be used every 30 sec". It is my understanding that you can decrease the cool-down in this case the 30 sec by certain %
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Weapons can have those enchantments on them, like "deal 40 fire damage".
    In ESO such effects don't "proc" aka happen with every single attack u perform, since than using very fast light attacks would favor such a system.

So u either have to add a "internal" cooldown how often those effects can trigger or u can mathematically normalize the effect vs the given attack speed.

Eso picked the internal cooldown system and the actual cooldown is around 4 seconds, so your fire weapon will trigger the fire damage effect every 4 seconds of u attack.

The enchant on this set, will now reduce this cooldown by 1 second, so it can trigger every 3 seconds instead of 4.

As u can see effects that last for 3-5 seconds, have a distinct advantage over those damage procs, since they circumvent this internal cooldown. This also favors fire attack damage, since u have a chance to trigger a small fire dot.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 14, 2014 11:07AM
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Radom101 wrote: »
    Have you seen a weapon with increase of power or shield buff that will have description similar to "increase weapon and spell power by 5 for 15 sec , can be used every 30 sec". It is my understanding that you can decrease the cool-down in this case the 30 sec by certain %

This is incorrect information. This is the external cool down. It is independent of the internal, and most often is called just the cool down of an ability or function. Since the OP asks (and I know the game descriptor for enchant) specifically speaks of internal, Andy's post is accurate here.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf