The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where do I mine iron ore?

iJackyLegz
iJackyLegz
Soul Shriven
I want to get started with the blacksmith skill but I need iron ore in order to do so, where can I find iron ore? Is there an area with an abundant amount of it?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    All over the place. On the ground. Close to mountains/rocks seems popular.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all over the place. Look for little patches of coppery-colored bumps. If you have trouble, put points in the skill that makes it glow.
    ----
    Murray?
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    They sort of look like oval reddish brown rocks on the ground, slightly rounded at the top. This will get you iron ore.

Also, you can deconstruct weapons and armor at the Blacksmith forge to get a chance for iron ingots.

And you (do the word I can't think of) with the iron ore to make ingots (need 10 ore to an ingot) at the Blacksmith forge.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random locations about the game world. Nodes seem to favor locations at the base of rock formations.

Getting the perk "Keen Eve" will emit a mystic glow when you get close.

Unfortunately for ore it turns into nothing short of resembling a steaming fresh pile of cattle poo on a cold winters day.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• iJackyLegz
    iJackyLegz
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They sort of look like oval reddish brown rocks on the ground, slightly rounded at the top. This will get you iron ore.
    And you (do the word I can't think of) with the iron ore to make ingots (need 10 ore to an ingot) at the Blacksmith forge.

The word you can't think of is "smelt," I suspect.

Also, when you look at one of these lumps on the ground you will get the option to mine it. If no option appears then you are either not positioned right or it isn't ore. All the other ores also appear as lumps in the ground like iron.

Oh.. also you can buy ores at the forge and find them in chests etc.
    Edited by hrdndv_ESO on April 2, 2014 3:58PM
  • JD_Douglas
    You can turn off the grass under video options to help you see resources more easily.
    "No One May Make You Feel Inferior Unless You Allow Them To Make You Feel Inferior." ~ E. Roosevelt

"Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity." ~A. Einstein

• pez8897nub19_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    The word you can't think of is "smelt," I suspect.
    Refined, I think.

Also, check the distance view on your video settings. I swear I couldn't find anything until I changed this setting. Good luck.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that's not entirely accurate, my friend. You can purchase the motif stones but not the raw ore itself.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• iJackyLegz
    iJackyLegz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm afraid that's not entirely accurate, my friend. You can purchase the motif stones but not the raw ore itself.

Indeed, I was gonna say when I went to a blacksmith I didn't see them selling any ore like they usually did in Skyrim. Good observation.
  • DevourDrako
    DevourDrako
    Soul Shriven
    Whats the spawn rate?
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    JD_Douglas wrote: »
    You can turn off the grass under video options to help you see resources more easily.
    Sure... And you can trade your car for a pair of roller skates to save gas too. ;)