The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power Surge

Snipress
Snipress
✭✭✭
Okay, who's bright idea was it to take away the healing Power Surge provided for MagSorcs? The stamina morph didn't even get touched it looks like. Even as a healer the skill would still suck... Now we have, like, nothing but the Twilight Matriarch or Dark Conversion for self-heals. I hate using a pet and I have *** for stamina (of course). It's been my main character since I started this game. I'm mainly a solo player except for occasional trials/dungeons.

Sorry, I'm just venting about my hate for this unnecessary nerf. It's the most useless skill ever now.
Edited by Snipress on November 18, 2019 3:35AM
Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, you serious? I mean.... lol

:lol:
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    lol, you serious? I mean.... lol

About?

• jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed Crit Surge to also give Major Sorcery, so new Crit Surge is basically old Power Surge, with even more healing.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc has been buffed in this regard. Surge and BOTH morphs now grant spell &&& weapon damage buffs. So there is no "stam morph" and you can now use Critical Surge, which heals for more than Power Surge used to
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    They changed Crit Surge to also give Major Sorcery, so new Crit Surge is basically old Power Surge, with even more healing.

Ohh, I just checked. I was thinking Critical Surge was the stamina morph... I swore it was.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... now I just feel bad for laughing.

But still...

• Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have known if I didn't post this; I was oblivious to the other morph. Thank you. 😭

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw man. we all say stupid *** from time to time. Laugh it off. I sure will. :smiley:
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    I say stupid crap, like, 90% of the time. But! I was finally able to use that skill respecification scroll that's been sitting in my bank for ages

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power surge is very solid healing morph, used it many time in trials and it was top healing skill on my combat metric, it was doing around 25% of all healing. I still think that it needs cooldown of 2 secs instead of 3 secs.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipress wrote: »
    Okay, who's bright idea was it to take away the healing Power Surge provided for MagSorcs? The stamina morph didn't even get touched it looks like. Even as a healer the skill would still suck... Now we have, like, nothing but the Twilight Matriarch or Dark Conversion for self-heals. I hate using a pet and I have *** for stamina (of course). It's been my main character since I started this game. I'm mainly a solo player except for occasional trials/dungeons.

Sorry, I'm just venting about my hate for this unnecessary nerf. It's the most useless skill ever now.

I felt exactly the same and commented as such at the time.

However I just bit the bullet and run the stam moph even on my magsorc. Its still procing a ton of healing and helps keep me alive.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually love Power Surge paired up with Radiating Regeneration in BG's. With Radiating Regen on 3-4 people, you're almost guaranteed to be critting every second thus getting Surge procs on cooldown. And it heals everyone within 28m which is a pretty huge range. If you happen to be wearing Troll King or Earthgore.. That's a pretty nice safety net you're passively providing for your team, while still being able to put out a lot of offensive pressure.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit Surge USED to be the morph used by stamina types. Now a days though, Crit Surge is universal for both stam and mag and Power Surge is supposed to be some tool for Sorc healers...... LULZ
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~