The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction Lock in Pve

Victor_Blade
Victor_Blade
✭✭✭✭
Since faction Lock is a thing now in PvP and it probably won't be reverted, why not add faction requirements in trials too. 3 DC 3 AD and 3 EP or go home. Since pvp balances changes are effects of pve and vice versa, I don't see why this can't happen.🌚🌚

Faction Lock in Pve 81 votes

Implement faction requirement
25%
RikumaruDavadinVarisVariskollege14a5xylenaa_salty_pirateQbikenRyanoxxFur_like_snowWildRaptorXkarekizjcm2606MincVinylusmguy1234NerftheforumsThePedgeTrancestorPlasma_ElfImSoProArtorias24 21 votes
It's just pve mate
74%
Oakmontowls_ESOKesstrylmartinhpb16_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOstarkerealmIndorilArwynLlethranTaleof2CitiesXvorgLarianaweg0Freakin_HytteMattT1988PuzzlenutsRetzeeSpearpointJinMoriBejaProphetYoshShmenge96RehdaunUrbanMonk 60 votes
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    3gj8jd.jpg
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    I'm trying to come up with something quippy to call these "let's go back to pre 1tam" folks...

We have "flat-Earthers" and "anti- (insert whatever proven science you don't agree with)", so why not "empty-zoners" because that's exactly what would happen lol.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on November 16, 2019 7:37AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to come up with something quippy to call these "let's go back to pre 1tam" folks...

We have "flat-Earthers" and "anti- (insert whatever proven science you don't agree with)", so why not "empty-zoners" because that's exactly what would happen lol.

Honestly don't buy the whole "going back pre-1T would cause all zones to be empty" thing.

Remember that all zones back then had at least 3 separate instance branches (pre Cadwell's Silver, Cadwell's Silver, Cadwell's Gold), each with their own sub instances.

Going back will have an impact on populations per zone, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it'll be as extreme as people make it out to be.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 12 man trials all have to be same Alliance.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since faction Lock is a thing now in PvP and it probably won't be reverted, why not add faction requirements in trials too. 3 DC 3 AD and 3 EP or go home. Since pvp balances changes are effects of pve and vice versa, I don't see why this can't happen.🌚🌚

Other.

Remove PvP so you can have Better PvE since PvP effects PvE. I thought people who wanted no faction lock were all going to swap to standard thus killing the population of faction lock? The option is there right?
    Edited by karekiz on November 16, 2019 9:34PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Other.

Remove PvP so you can have Better PvE since PvP effects PvE. I thought people who wanted no faction lock were all going to swap to standard thus killing the population of faction lock? The option is there right?

Remove PvE so we can have better PvP.

Also, what changes have effected PvE that were because of PvP? Besides ult cast times, which is a VERY bad change.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darnit, I couldn't find the option for "Troll spotted."

(Though I also don't like faction lock, as now my pve toons cannot skyshard hunt if I want to play pvp on a different toon.)
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »

(Though I also don't like faction lock, as now my pve toons cannot skyshard hunt if I want to play pvp on a different toon.)

Really? You could always skyshard hunt on the faction unlocked campaign, Bahlokdaan/Laakvulon.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »

Really? You could always skyshard hunt on the faction unlocked campaign, Bahlokdaan/Laakvulon.

Doh, totally forgot that option, thank. But I still don't like the lock. :smile:
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I hate the other two alliances, they are enemies of the state. Fudge em.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never considered the possibility that spies could have infiltrated my trial group till now...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is a joke, it's not a very good one.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is a joke, it's not a very good one.
    Do I have some news for you then...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes noooo sense at all
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    Sure if implementing faction lock in Pve allows me to kill you on sight if you aren't DC then im all for it lol
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    Noooooooooo
    I wanna play with my guildies or random players in a trial/dungeon
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about faction lock in Character select screen? Once you picked your specific alliance character you can't change it for 30 days o:)
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    It's just pve mate
    Ahahahaha, yeeees, let those role players who asked for faction lick cry too :lol:
    Seriously - no. Factions should not affect any aspect of the game beyond story quests.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice trolling here :)

There IS an unlocked campaign. The problem is that certain entities want to force everyone else into "their" game as cannon fodder and so this campaign is dead empty. Meanwhile 30 day CP is the new ZvP or zombie vs. player campaign :D
    Edited by mague on November 18, 2019 9:57AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Noooooooooo
    I wanna play with my guildies or random players in a trial/dungeon

Same in PvP.

You'll just have to make new toons.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) those role players who asked for faction lick (...)
    Vhoa. Faction lick! Never thought of this as possibly becoming a thing... hmmm... interesting ... ;)

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    How about remove any alliance any race. Thatd make more sence right...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd vote yes.

I mean, hell. Look at the game's state. The server, the events, the combat, the patches, everything.

Why not just pile more on top?

Maybe we come up with something better when 80% of the population left. Better server performance?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also buff Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit. Nerf the rest.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also buff Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit. Nerf the rest.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

PvP is a mini game and should be treated as such.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    mague wrote: »
    Nice trolling here :)

There IS an unlocked campaign. The problem is that certain entities want to force everyone else into "their" game as cannon fodder and so this campaign is dead empty. Meanwhile 30 day CP is the new ZvP or zombie vs. player campaign :D

Not on Xbox. There's still a significant queue during prime time in the faction locked 30 day here.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    I'd vote yes.

I mean, hell. Look at the game's state. The server, the events, the combat, the patches, everything.

Why not just pile more on top?

Maybe we come up with something better when 80% of the population left. Better server performance?

I won't rise hopes. Given that average population already dropped to 2018 numbers, and servers still feel bad despite all optimizations... Bethesda/ZOS may be even decreasing amount of equipment! I mean - more players left, less hardware is dedicated to ESO. Maybe they gave some of the ESO server capacity to TES:Blades. If you compare time when mass performance problem began, it matches release of that god forsaken mobile game.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just pve mate
    (...) those role players who asked for faction lick (...)
    Vhoa. Faction lick! Never thought of this as possibly becoming a thing... hmmm... interesting ... ;)
    That is an entirely different kind of RPer ;)

• ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »

PvP is a mini game and should be treated as such.

This game is like Fortnite, the original PvE game is dead, PvP is the saviour.