The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Worst PVP performance yet

CleymenZero
CleymenZero
✭✭✭✭✭
This patch, I've experienced the worst performance yet in pvp area (BG and Cyrodiil).

Vigor takes 2-3 seconds to activate (pressing many times), break free takes 2-3 seconds (even with a dedicated button vs pressing LMB+RMB) and health desync is insane. I can lose 30k health almost instantly without having time to react even with 25k+ resistances.

I've seen this with streamers as well as they scream that they can't break free or that their skills aren't activated. I've also seen many complain about losing their health instantly.

It's like I have to guess 2-3 seconds in advance what's going to happen.

I'll admit I'm not the best but definitely not the worse and it's like I have to relearn how to play because I just have to anticipate 2-3 seconds and start spamming all heals before losing health.

So whatever you thought you fixed ZOS, it ain't working.

How has your experience been in PVP?
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say my PVP experience overall has been

1-Mississippi

2-Mississippi

3-Mississippi

typical
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Constant crashes, random loading screens and still plenty of lag.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG performance has been very smooth for me.. although about 1/3 matches bug out and I get the infinite loading screen, which sucks. Otherwise no complaints.

Cyrodiil prime time is pretty rough. Hopefully someday it will be addressed. Until then, I just stay out of Cyro during peak hours and do BG's instead.

For reference, my setup is RTX 2060, i7 8700, 16GB RAM, M.2 SSD, and 1Gb fiber internet.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch, I've experienced the worst performance yet in pvp area (BG and Cyrodiil).

Vigor takes 2-3 seconds to activate (pressing many times), break free takes 2-3 seconds (even with a dedicated button vs pressing LMB+RMB) and health desync is insane. I can lose 30k health almost instantly without having time to react even with 25k+ resistances.

I've seen this with streamers as well as they scream that they can't break free or that their skills aren't activated. I've also seen many complain about losing their health instantly.

I'll admit I'm not the best but definitely not the worse and it's like I have to relearn how to play because I just have to anticipate 2-3 seconds and start spamming all heals before losing health.

I live in a different continent than where the server is and I can play perfectly. I'm not saying it's on your side but I can play BGs with no problem.

Try to use Vigor as a damage shield instead of as a burst heal. That's the most effective method for Vigor use.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »

I live in a different continent than where the server is and I can play perfectly. I'm not saying it's on your side but I can play BGs with no problem.

Try to use Vigor as a damage shield instead of as a burst heal. That's the most effective method for Vigor use.

look at this dude.. teaching you how to use vigor with 3 seconds delay like it's a new mechanic
    PC EU

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run both BG and zone pvp. No lag or load screens to the point if unplayable. I lag a bit in zergs but that's my rig. I dont get dced or loadscreens. Honestly I'm starting to think it might be eso disliking certain pc specs. I mean I'm on a medium tier rig and eso runs fine. Most complaints I see are people with high end or overclocked rigs. Might be cooling issue, ok when my pc gets hot its performance is crap.
    Edited by jircris11 on November 12, 2019 7:54PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I *almost* spam vigor but for sure ultime could be better but it's crazy how unresponsive the game has been. Never been so frustrated.

Regardless of whether I use Mudfish or not, I'll often press the skills and it won't do anything so I'll end up roll dodging pressing Vigor and burst heal 2-3 times then roll dodge without a heal. It feels almost as if the server was queuing abilities and letting them hit before I can pop mine. That's my experience, may not be accurate but I've seen streamers *** about the same things.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes stun lock and skills not firing is the norm for me at this point.
    Its ridiculous to see your opponent setting up a burst only to have the game refuse your input even though you had the intuition to see it coming....
    Its utterly infuriating and I'd venture to say that recently at least 50% of my deaths happened at that moment because an ulti a potion a skill or my bars are greyed out and flat out dont work.

I've been having an issue for a long time where I get people to execute then even a light attack wont fire or land and register so the person takes those 2-3secs and heals to full and resets the fight. Salt right now with this *** show on xbox..
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Yes stun lock and skills not firing is the norm for me at this point.
    Its ridiculous to see your opponent setting up a burst only to have the game refuse your input even though you had the intuition to see it coming....
    Its utterly infuriating and I'd venture to say that recently at least 50% of my deaths happened at that moment because an ulti a potion a skill or my bars are greyed out and flat out dont work.

I've been having an issue for a long time where I get people to execute then even a light attack wont fire or land and register so the person takes those 2-3secs and heals to full and resets the fight. Salt right now with this *** show on xbox..

I'd say I'm glad to know I'm not the only one but first: I know already I'm not the only one and 2nd: I ain't glad about it at all...

I thought adons had a thing to do with it cause I used to run a lot and uninstalled/reinstalled/uninstalled a bunch but if you say you're on Xbox then it's a RIP.

I usually go HAM in pvp so I can get A TON of kills and then a series of death but I know when my deaths are due to the fact that I could've played it out better and it happens. I just know right now that it feels really off and desynced...
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened again. Got a Loadscreen as I was gonna make the kill then walked away from front keep door where enemy was sieging only to instantly lose all my health....

I want to play the game not spend my time sending feedback reports.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve said this before, but I think there is a desync between the Servers and our screens...
    What I’m seeing isn’t what your seeing
    Normally this gets explained away as lag
    But there’s no lag hiccup where crap slows down n than speeds up
    I’ll be fighting someone and you can just tell...they are off... they just aren’t reacting to what I’m doing..
    I can dodge roll through someone n be behind them...n they are still fighting the wrong way
    I’ve legit stopped fighting mid combat just to see what they do...eventually they find me again but...
    I dunno...it’s just messed...they can hit the undo button anytime
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I my self have enjoyed the last 2 days of pvp

https://youtu.be/F1iqTqk1TVM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I my self have enjoyed the last 2 days of pvp

https://youtu.be/F1iqTqk1TVM

I've seen this in another thread and that was crazy. I guess I'll stick to my desyncs and general unresponsiveness....
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    im killing PvErs in duels and they dont have the nerve to say good fight after losing
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there is no ball group around its a bit less severe but except of ping around 3k I've experienced also potions not going off, skills not fireing at all (because something messes up GCD, probably delays).
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    I run both BG and zone pvp. No lag or load screens to the point if unplayable. I lag a bit in zergs but that's my rig. I dont get dced or loadscreens. Honestly I'm starting to think it might be eso disliking certain pc specs. I mean I'm on a medium tier rig and eso runs fine. Most complaints I see are people with high end or overclocked rigs. Might be cooling issue, ok when my pc gets hot its performance is crap.

Dont talk if you're so clueless, it has nothing to do with fps, although that is terrible as well, what people complain about is the server performance - the delay on skills or skills not going off. The best PC hardware will do nothing to help with that.

People who dont know the difference between "lag" and fps issues, should not talk, ever.
    Edited by Trancestor on November 13, 2019 10:43AM
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Patch combat performance is going Worst. Not A sound from Zos. I really wonder what are they doing in that building.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Constant crashes, random loading screens and still plenty of lag.

It’s been that way since 2014.

So, working as intended.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they need to creat a whole new server with better performance, they need to taste all codes and everything that is working as they should. And than shutdown current one and transfer all data to new one... I cant see other way.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    I guess they need to creat a whole new server with better performance, they need to taste all codes and everything that is working as they should. And than shutdown current one and transfer all data to new one... I cant see other way.

I don't think changing servers would help much. I think it's the game being too ambitious. Trying to have an mmo where combat is relatively fast paced and where dozens of players are going to execute commands are where server is going to have to execute all those commands is where the issues all come from.

Maybe the 128 cores epyc processors from AMD can solve some of this crap...

All I know is a lot of the problems I run into have to do with desync...