The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the purpose of continually empowering TROLL Builds?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
So lets look at this....
In the past year you have added a Immovability and Off Balance Immunity, (which seems to be up on most players about 90% of the time). You have light armor Sorcs running around in Pariah with 30K resist, while Penetration maxes out at about 26K for Spell, lower for Stam... and now you want to add 5280 to potions which essentially make the average resistance in Cyrodil about 38-40K?
The average player doesn't even understand the formula for Pen Vs Resist and now I'm wondering if the developers do? Two people won't be able to hit someone with the same dot anymore, and the average player will be hitting people for 10-15% of their tooltip? LOL

Seriously, this is the game you want where the only way to kill someone will be for groups to zerg them down for 5minutes? It's a combat based game where every patch you make it harder for people to die, are we supposed to see Sheild Stacking Sorcs with 40K resist, 3000 recovery and 20K in sheilds, with Stun,Immunity and Off Balance Immunity hopping up and down on every rock waiting to zerg down the one sucker that wants to play DPS?

The game was already to heavily weighted for the "JUST STAY ALIVE AND ZERG BUILDS".. and not it is getting borderline unplayable.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see that "40K resist, 3000 recovery and 20K in sheilds" build...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh and I forgot to mention, DK's no longer have a ranged stun... Wings don't deflect, Talons rarely work, Lightning Staff doesn't stun anymore, Stone Fist is stupid now (show me how to hit someone 3x in the same fight with that skill, lol) and isn't the range on fossilize being nerfed also?
    so when I see a MagSorc I should just put my controller down on the coffee table because there are no functional tactics (oh wait I can be 46k resist tank and hold block... so much fun)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol "play dps"

L2PvP tears.

If you choose to make a build that crutches on meat shields, don't complain when one kills you.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing in CP? That’s a big reason why these builds are able to do so much.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Lol "play dps"

L2PvP tears.

If you choose to make a build that crutches on meat shields, don't complain when one kills you.

If we choose to play a build that doesn't stalemate with every 22k+ person we come across you mean.
    (Literally stalemating so many fights with people much better than me with TWO 5 piece damage sets on.)

Gone 2 purest glass cannon ganking so each fight isn't 20+ minutes.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop playing with CP
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lets look at this....
    In the past year you have added a Immovability and Off Balance Immunity, (which seems to be up on most players about 90% of the time). You have light armor Sorcs running around in Pariah with 30K resist, while Penetration maxes out at about 26K for Spell, lower for Stam... and now you want to add 5280 to potions which essentially make the average resistance in Cyrodil about 38-40K?
    The average player doesn't even understand the formula for Pen Vs Resist and now I'm wondering if the developers do? Two people won't be able to hit someone with the same dot anymore, and the average player will be hitting people for 10-15% of their tooltip? LOL

Seriously, this is the game you want where the only way to kill someone will be for groups to zerg them down for 5minutes? It's a combat based game where every patch you make it harder for people to die, are we supposed to see Sheild Stacking Sorcs with 40K resist, 3000 recovery and 20K in sheilds, with Stun,Immunity and Off Balance Immunity hopping up and down on every rock waiting to zerg down the one sucker that wants to play DPS?

The game was already to heavily weighted for the "JUST STAY ALIVE AND ZERG BUILDS".. and not it is getting borderline unplayable.

Why mag sorc in light armor? Mag dk, mag den, mag templar have higher resitance in light armor. Pariah resist cap is 20%. I really don't see a reason to be up set about pure tank sets. Burst combo is the name nickname of dragonhold patch. Maybe use same set up as mag sorc?
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok heres my opinion on what all builds should be like.

imagine u have to rate a build. out of 100 points per catagory. you can split them between tankyness, damage, sustain and mobility

lets look at a gank spec. would be 0, 100, 20, 20 total:140. high damage, but loses out all of the others. fair.

lets look at magsorc. if we compare it, sorc has insane damage, mobility, tankyness, and sustain.. they have gank level damage, with the damage shields making them super tanky. dark conversion give huge sustain, and obviously streak gives sorc the mobility. more like 70, 80, 60, 100. total:310. not so fair.

just my opinion. if you want to be good at alot of things fine. but you have to lose somthing to put into to other things.

my build (stamnb) would be 30, 70, 50, 60, total:210. you can see im sacrificing tankyness for damage and mobility. sorc dosnt really have to sacrifice anything for damage, as there defense scales of their offense (damage shields scale of max mag. so do their tooltips)

i think one major issue gamewise is that heals scale of damage. i think that if you want healing you should have to spec a little into healing.

oh btw. im not saying nerf damage shields or anything. i think they should scale of different things.

Edited by ThePhantomThorn on November 2, 2019 6:51PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

imagine u have to rate a build. out of 100 points per catagory. you can split them between tankyness, damage, sustain and mobility

lets look at a gank spec. would be 0, 100, 20, 20 total:140. high damage, but loses out all of the others. fair.

lets look at magsorc. if we compare it, sorc has insane damage, mobility, tankyness, and sustain.. they have gank level damage, with the damage shields making them super tanky. dark conversion give huge sustain, and obviously streak gives sorc the mobility. more like 70, 80, 60, 100. total:310. not so fair.

just my opinion. if you want to be good at alot of things fine. but you have to lose somthing to put into to other things.

my build (stamnb) would be 30, 70, 50, 60, total:210. you can see im sacrificing tankyness for damage and mobility. sorc dosnt really have to sacrifice anything for damage, as there defense scales of their offense (damage shields scale of max mag. so do their tooltips)

i think one major issue gamewise is that heals scale of damage. i think that if you want healing you should have to spec a little into healing.

oh btw. im not saying nerf damage shields or anything. i think they should scale of different things.

Another NB focusing their complaints on sorcs. I swear these two classes are like cats and dogs.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP Troll builds are the result of ZOS trying to make PVP easier for slower, more casual players who had a bad time in Cyrodiil.

The time to kill in ESO PVP can be sickening. Players are coddled to the point of breaking PVP. The difference between ESO PVP and a PVP only game is startling at this point.

I don't mean to imply everyone who plays tanky is slow and casual. Of course, competitive-minded players may utilize every available advantage to achieve their goals.
    Edited by zyk on November 2, 2019 10:39PM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Another NB focusing their complaints on sorcs. I swear these two classes are like cats and dogs.

Meow

templar 100, 70, 60, 60 total:290

you have to admit magsorcs are very tanky (with shields) have high damage, great sustain and INSANE mobility. and that nb is squish af.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP PvP is terrible this patch. Too bad its the only active PvP...
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh and I forgot to mention, DK's no longer have a ranged stun... Wings don't deflect, Talons rarely work, Lightning Staff doesn't stun anymore, Stone Fist is stupid now (show me how to hit someone 3x in the same fight with that skill, lol) and isn't the range on fossilize being nerfed also?
    so when I see a MagSorc I should just put my controller down on the coffee table because there are no functional tactics (oh wait I can be 46k resist tank and hold block... so much fun)

I guessed it. I knew this was another clueless DK main randomly hopping on the “magsorc” is OP train. Lmao, there are magDK vids showing how “annoying”, not “OP” sorcs are because they can streak 60 times away to “try” and bring down the DK while the DK is almost never pressured and consistently brings the magsorc down to almost dead every time it gets close which is like a bunch of times. It’s sad when magsorcs needs to run away to even stand a chance against magDKs and it’s even sadder that trademark streak is just an “annoyance” in front of the almighty DK.

Woe is the brain dead DK pvp train while good players still consistently perform insanely well with DKs. What the f can I say. These days everyone wants to cry about their class being weak like DKs didn’t get a significant larger buff to their skill set than other classes in dragonhold. All I can say is ZoS is about as stupid and continuously buffs an already top tier class because more people from the class has no thumbs. Yes, it’s much easier to start playing a magsorc but from this comment you seriously have no clue just how good magDKs are atm.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh so it’s a nerf sorc thread...
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should run these unkillable builds in groups and battle it out until your controller batteries die. True test of strength.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think magsorc is stronger than stamblade in dragonhold patch you´re not as good of a nb as you think you are.

The irony being that sorc is so bad this patch it isn´t even the best magica open world class anymore - let alone looking at stam aswell.
    Edited by Derra on November 3, 2019 7:32AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~snip~

Yes I highly agree. Damage stats should not make your healing better. And healing stats should not make your damage better. End of Statement!
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No nerfs, learn to find a solution. You can kill players in cp pvp. Hell, I do it and I'm halfxassed at pvp
    Edited by MajBludd on November 3, 2019 9:17AM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If you think magsorc is stronger than stamblade in dragonhold patch you´re not as good of a nb as you think you are.

The irony being that sorc is so bad this patch it isn´t even the best magica open world class anymore - let alone looking at stam aswell.

magsorc is possibly the strongest open world class this patch.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Msorc has one great vulnerability. its , like for all magicka, their stamina for CCs and roll

just stun them enought until they are drained of stamina. then it is easy to kill them
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeh, it is strongest, after Mplar and ALL stam
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The exaggeration is strong in this one 😈

By troll builds do we mean anything that can’t be easily squashed?🤔
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no much things that goes wrong in that thread.

First the OP doesn't even realize how sorc work.

1. Stun immunity is in the game since launch, and it last 6s, you cannot be permanently immune with a mag sorc (immovable heavy armor skill not slotted). Sorc sometimes run with poisons that give cc immunity, but it's not permanent since there is a cooldown on it + chances to proc when already on base stun immunity + need to proc from back bar LA.

2. Sorc don't run with snare immunity, since there is no space for Race against time, and since streak is the only good stun sorc have. A sorc running with BoL is a sorc that will not be able to kill you, bc no stun.

3. Sorcs doesn't run 3k magicka recover, because dark exchanges + range/LoS is used to sustain. A sorc not running dark exchange is a sorc not able to escape well. If the sorc run ele drain, he will loose either boundless storm or execute because bar space.

4. A sorc running with resist potons loose huge mag sustain and either huge damage (sorcery + phrofecy) or huge stam management when outnumbered.

The huge regen huge tankiness huge mobility huge shields huge damage huge everything doesn't exist and is a nightmare from noobs hwo doesn't understand how this game work.

Then, there is the people thinking sorc is top tier this patch.

1. Sorc lost his pressure tools (no strong dots anymore, 7k matriarch tooltips gone).

2. People stack resist and health in this tank meta.

3. Sorc is a burst class

Result : Without pressure from dot to bring the target to a health/resist ratio that allows the burst to finish the target, the predictable telegraphed one touch countered sorc burst isn't able to kill the tanks boys.

Also, sorc run with crafty alfiq/btb + bloodspawn or chudan or zaan to be able to one burst shot the noobs that tend to also go on the tanky side and they are just tanky enough to run away.

Also sorc skill bars look like this : frag/fury/curse/hardened/harness/rapid regen/ele weap/streak/dark exch/flex skill (boundless or surge or ele drain).

*op cries intensified*
    Edited by Aedaryl on November 3, 2019 11:15AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Everyone should run these unkillable builds in groups and battle it out until your controller batteries die. True test of strength.

My keyboard is ready...
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I HATE troll builds. Absolutely terrible magsorc setup....btw, what’s that setup again? *grabs pen and paper*. Just for....science reasons.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498627/strongest-classes-in-dragonhold/p1
    sorc voted 2nd by the community as a whole
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    156 votes represent the community oO
    Hmmm... isn't there a Sniker tierlist with StamNB as only S tier?

Well maybe some remember CF stun, uncritable shields, no Streak fatigue.... stop whining of sorc already
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even 1v1 with CP is impossible, meanwhile in no CP it feels pretty good/balanced. PvP there is great right now.

More people should go there tbh and then maybe, just maybe, ZOS will take note and start doing something about the CP system. Disabling it in all PvP environments would be a good start and greatly beneficial to the PvE community, which let's be honest, are mega cheesed off about the state of the game right now.

PC EU
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498627/strongest-classes-in-dragonhold/p1

157votes is hardly whole community
    you still have there magicka and stamina together. magsorc could get just 1% of all votes, rest is for stamSorc. COULD ( probably got more xD, but we dont know)

and fact that pvp is dominated by stamina is clear for all btw

lets see what can offer stamina vs magicka

stamina - better damage
    - better HoT (vigor is way better than RR)
    - better movement (sprint)
    - better control in fight ( dodge, block , CC break)

magicka - more ranged skills
    - better burst heals
    Edited by Anyron on November 4, 2019 2:12AM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

157votes is hardly whole community
    you still have there magicka and stamina together. magsorc could get just 1% of all votes, rest is for stamSorc. COULD ( probably got more xD, but we dont know)

and fact that pvp is dominated by stamina is clear for all btw

lets see what can offer stamina vs magicka

stamina - better damage
    - better HoT (vigor is way better than RR)
    - better movement (sprint)
    - better control in fight ( dodge, block , CC break)

magicka - more ranged skills
    - better burst heals

More like magic for large scale/ball groups and stamina for small scale.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.