The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DEAR ZOS, is this intended? Lekis Focus, new TG set.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So the new set, most people say the 5th bonus isnt all that, but I wanted to give it a try since it would be kinda interresting trying something new and "unique". But, the selfheal from Vigor is also reduced on yourself while the 5th set is equipped, is this intended, if so this set is pretty darn useless, gotta say.
Edited by olsborg on March 26, 2016 2:48PM

PC EU
PvP only

DEAR ZOS, is this intended? Lekis Focus, new TG set. 62 votes

Agreed, this makes it completely useless in my opinion
82%
Pepsi2853_ESODschiPeuntMadymakrethmagnusthorekNecreliosmertustaordraveeb17_ESOxarguideb17_ESOjuha.smedsneb18_ESORebeccas04nub18_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOdroids097ninjaguymanMinscdsalterolsborgNeoXanthusLorDrekAhzek 51 votes
I like the set and the reduced self-healing is ok in my opinion.
17%
MoeCoastieTryxusDhariusbooksmcreadRajajshkaUsaratimidobserverDurannMarkusTheValiantzykInarre 11 votes
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, cuz like most ppl I only use it for the 2pc Wep Damage bonus
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set is only good for the 2 piece bonus. Other than that, another trash set that has no use, like many others.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    The set is only good for the 2 piece bonus. Other than that, another trash set that has no use, like many others.

Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this makes the 5 piece completely useless but the 2 piece on the other hand is pretty good still.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, not every 5 piece bonus needs to be something we'd use as part of our main set. There should situational bonuses too. I can imagine scenarios in which this bonus is useful.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess the only thing I would wonder about it is how it works with blade cloak.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO if the 5th bonus would be worth anything, it should only reduce the healing done with the aoe aspect of Vigor, not the heal on yourself. That would be a step in the right direction.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    IMO if the 5th bonus would be worth anything, it should only reduce the healing done with the aoe aspect of Vigor, not the heal on yourself. That would be a step in the right direction.

That's not much of a trade-off for the huge AE damage reduction. This set allows a grouped--and thereby not dependent on his or her own heals--stamina player to fight in melee range without getting owned by AE damage like proxy det and vd.

I would hate to see solo stam dodge builds run this without a significant trade-off as AE is the only effective way to damage some players.
    Edited by zyk on March 26, 2016 6:03PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if anything only reduce the healing on self by 20% as in a pvp environment your already suffering alot of healing penalty
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    Vigor is an AoE heal. You just happen to be at the center of it and recieve a little more healing from it through a morph. Its still an aoe.

Like someone mentioned, not every 5pc bonus needs to fit in the current FOTM builds. There will always be a BiS for current trends...and not all sets can have that title. Why have ZoS invest time on minute things like a 5pc bonus for one set of one type of armor? Even if it changed, most would still be rockin hundings + monster pieces. But ya, go ahead...keep posting surveys about aspects or features of the game that most would accept as part of the game.
    Edited by MoeCoastie on March 26, 2016 6:19PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New stamina set vs new magicka set.
    Stamina: nerfs your healing and damage.
    Magicka: turns people you kill into a nuke.
    #Balance
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New stamina set vs new magicka set.
    Stamina: nerfs your healing and damage.
    Magicka: turns people you kill into a nuke.
    #Balance

Took my bow build StamBlade for a spin today and my reaction was: "I wish I was playing my MagBlade!"
    Edited by Tryxus on March 27, 2016 12:08AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know why they made the set. It's to counter vicious death. The problem is it's easy to see which set out of the two came first. Leki's was an after thought that was just terrible.

IMO the set should be 25% reduced AoE damage and that is it.

All the set has become is a 2 piece weapon damage set and nothing more.

This is where pts players need to speak up and go "wtf is this garbage?". Or else it just get's implemented and become's useless.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the set, but not because of the nerf of heals. I think it's fine as it is. But then, I don't use it.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever proposed the 5pc bonus clearly doesn't play PVP in this game. Or intentionally designed a bad set.

Sure 20% damage reduction vs AoE would be insane vs zergs, but the reduced self AoE damage/heals by the same amount is worse than a 1-1 trade-off. Lets look at a few examples.

zerg vs zerg: Cool, they do less damage to me, but my heals AND damage are reduced by the same amount, not worth the trade-off.

1 vs zerg: OK I have more surviveability vs those AoE zerg trains, owait, spambush spambush wrecking blow. And my AoE and Heals are weakened for NO benefit, yeah useless.

zerg vs 1: Cool, that ONE person does less AoE damage to me, but I do less to him, meh useless.

1 vs 1: Yup, no need to even consider this set in this scenario. You shouldn't be using AoE in a 1v1 anyways, and proxy in 1v1 should (sometimes doesn't) hit like a wet noodle.

Perhaps if it were 20% incoming AoE damage reduction and maybe 5% reduction in self AoE heals/dps it would be ok, but as it is it is utter trash. I can only hope it was designed to be trash.
    Edited by zerosingularity on March 27, 2016 1:36AM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can live with the reduced self healing, I can't understand the reduced damage attached though.
    The purpose of the set is to counter AoE attacks, but if you can't kill the person(s) using said AoE, they'll just burn you down before you can them. The only way this would work is if you have heal batteries around but the minute people figure out who to target, they'll go for the heals and then you.

Overall, the 5 piece is just poorly designed. It does the AoE portion of its job well but sacrificing both your damage (aka the way you KILL people in PvP) as well as your self heal (of which there are only 2 stamina heals) by an equal amount of the AoE defended against, pretty much kills any use this set might have had outside a cheap 2 piece.
    Argonian forever
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    does it reduce the dmg of your single target and AoE damage or just AoE damage? I havent tested but from reading the description it seems only your AoE damage is reduced
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens, if you combine this set with the old V14 Cyro AoE dmg reduction set and with Quick Cloak -> 60% AoE dmg reduction?
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    The set is bugged and reduceing all damage done by 25% right now
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iggybot wrote: »
    The set is bugged and reduceing all damage done by 25% right now

well im not surprised...at all

PC EU
    PvP only
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Be whoever you want to be... as long as a specific class, race, attack type and using a very restricted number of sets among all of those we create"
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Be whoever you want to be... as long as a specific class, race, attack type and using a very restricted number of sets among all of those we create"

Agree, I dont for the life of me understand why they only give some sets out as v16 sets, rest is just crafting. It severely limits peoples choices and the result is 50% or more of the players are pretty much using the same sets. Just look at willpower, agility, kagrenac, hunding, julianos etc etc,

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    The set reduces the self heal still. Otherwise works great and is pretty powerful if you tailor your play style to it
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo youre just doing it wrong.