The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For the new tanking set... which 2,3,4 piece bonus do you NOT want ?

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS recognises that something needs to be done about Heavy Armor, S&B and content to make life more enjoyable and meaningful for Tanks.

Perhaps we see in the DB DLC a new HA Tank set.
This poll is not about the 5 piece bonus. I leave that to the creativity of the devs.
But let's assume it looks great ! :)

Which usual 2,3,4 items bonus would you not want in a new Tank set ?

Note: This poll is intended for the usual DK and NB Tanks. Not Damage Shields builds like a Sorcerer.

EDIT:
to avoid misunderstandings:

This poll is asking what you do NOT want to have !

Edited by hrothbern on March 24, 2016 1:04PM
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU

For the new tanking set... which 2,3,4 piece bonus do you NOT want ? 50 votes

Adds 1064 Maximum Health
0%
Adds 967 Maximum Magicka (IF you are a Magicka Tank)
2%
Kippesnikke 1 vote
Adds 967 Maximum Stamina (IF you are a Stamina Tank)
2%
olsborg 1 vote
Adds 1935 Spell or Physical Resistance
14%
sebbanSLaytanictherrieurYinmaigaoshuggNBrookusVildebill 7 votes
Adds 4% Healing Taken
12%
ThatNeonZebraAgainKetarmishBrrrofskiSaint314Louis1985AverageJo3Gam3rJubJub 6 votes
Adds 129 Health Recovery
26%
hammayolettucewookikiller95SepheulHymzirDerAlleinTigercaperonredspecter23FfastylItoqDubhliamRinmaethodainCalboyMinute_Waltz 13 votes
Both 4% Healing Taken and 129 Health Recovery
24%
Iruil_ESOWodwoskavenapsb16_ESOeldermpsmithrwb17_ESOFunctionroguestrike01ub17_ESOWoeleragro2014code65536TheValkynRudsterMarktoneth3 12 votes
Neither 1064 Maximum Health, as 4% Healing Taken, as 129 Health Recovery.
20%
lolo_01b16_ESOYusufSpacemonkeyDDemonistatereshrothbernPersonofsecretsRa'ShtarLadyNalcaryaAdenoma 10 votes
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider the 4% Healing Taken and the 129 Health Recovery as not very valuable for a Tank in a Group.
    The reason that I am not interested in the "Adds 1064 Maximum Health" as well, is that I can easily tune my build to a big Health pool myself by Attributes.
    As a Magicka Tank, doing content where I need not much Health (protected by good mitigation), I want to be able to max my DPS/selfHPS by applying max Magicka.
    I will be using tri-stat Armor enchants anyway when we finally would get a good new Tanking set.

The consequence of leaving Health out and possibly replace it by Magicka or Stamina, is that the new set could become a twin with either more Magicka or Stamina.
    The other solution, for if a stat bonus is added, is to give us a tri-stat bonus for 2 or 3 or 4 pieces.

Edited by hrothbern on March 24, 2016 9:12AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the mitigation cap raised. Damaged isn't capped, why is mitigation? But without that, I already have a lot of ways to get my phys and spell resist over cap. I don't need it in armor.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'd like to see the mitigation cap raised. Damaged isn't capped, why is mitigation? But without that, I already have a lot of ways to get my phys and spell resist over cap. I don't need it in armor.

Technically mitigation is not capped. Mitigation from the armor and spell resist stats are capped but it's possible to get 94% and above in mitigation.

I'd like to see a set bonus that reduces damage dealt but increases the utilities that a tank requires significantly.

Edited by TheValkyn on March 24, 2016 3:45AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I'd like to see a set bonus that reduces damage dealt but increases the utilities that a tank requires significantly.

I'd be on board with that. Increase ultimate generation, maybe. Reduced taunt costs.
    Technically mitigation is not capped. Mitigation from the armor and spell resist stats are capped but it's possible to get 94% and above in mitigation.

Are you talking about Hardy, etc.? Hardened puts me at about 38k, but I don't use it because I was under the impression in PvE nothing over ~32k was effective?
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be on board with that. Increase ultimate generation, maybe. Reduced taunt costs.

Are you talking about Hardy, etc.? Hardened puts me at about 38k, but I don't use it because I was under the impression in PvE nothing over ~32k was effective?

The mitigation you get from armor and spell resist caps out. From what I've experienced those batches are additive with other forms of mitigation through abilities or armor sets.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the 5 piece bonus such a bonus is also for me a viable Tank set option :)

The poll is to get a feedback what bonusses are less preferred for 2, 3 and 4 pieces.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reduce block cost or increase block mitigation would be my faves dont mind helth stam or magica or even extra resist but imho health regen and stam regen are useless in the meta and healing recieved isnt all that its nice but not a priority.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Footman v16 with no exploration trait
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK Tank here. I want all of them with magicka recovery which I can convert to stamina.
    Because I can!
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing this out there.

2 piece add stam/magicka
    3 piece reduce stam/magicka cost
    4 piece enemies affected by your CC are taunted as well
    5 piece increase ultimate gain while taunting
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • agro2014
    agro2014
    ✭✭
    healing taken, health/stamina recovery are trash bonuses for tanks.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adds 4% Healing Taken
    Woops, looks like I misread the poll (that's what I get for browsing before coffee heh).

Anyways, as an Argonian NB tank, I actually really like +healing received bonuses, but I guess I'm in the minority. The main problems with the current +healing received bonuses, however, is that they are too small and many mechanics essentially ignore it due to 1-shot mechanics. The devs treat it like it is equal to damage, regen, or a flat stat, but it is much more limited in power/utility than those (this is one of the arguments us Argonians have been making about our racial stat for a long time). Healing received bonuses on gear sets should be at least 8%.

So personally, I like +healing received on some armor sets (RIP pre-IC Shalidor's Curse). The stat works best when stacked though, so even I admit having a single +4% take up an set bonus slot is not ideal. It's also not ideal for Trials tanking when group utility and mechanics necessitate the tank being more of a support role rather than self-reliant like in 4-man content.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woops, looks like I misread the poll (that's what I get for browsing before coffee heh).

Anyways, as an Argonian NB tank, I actually really like +healing received bonuses, but I guess I'm in the minority. The main problems with the current +healing received bonuses, however, is that they are too small and many mechanics essentially ignore it due to 1-shot mechanics. The devs treat it like it is equal to damage, regen, or a flat stat, but it is much more limited in power/utility than those (this is one of the arguments us Argonians have been making about our racial stat for a long time). Healing received bonuses on gear sets should be at least 8%.

So personally, I like +healing received on some armor sets (RIP pre-IC Shalidor's Curse). The stat works best when stacked though, so even I admit having a single +4% take up an set bonus slot is not ideal. It's also not ideal for Trials tanking when group utility and mechanics necessitate the tank being more of a support role rather than self-reliant like in 4-man content.

I also think that 4% is too low if you compare it with other ways to increase your effective heal.

If you spend set bonusses in Armor mitigation it improves your effective Healing AND your effective Health pool.
    If you spend set bonusses in Crit chance, Spell Damage or Magicka stat, you improve both DPS AND (self)HPS.

A buff of Healing Taken would be justified in that bigger picture.

• sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ops, should have read it properly before voting. I missed the "not" in the question. Can't change vote either, bah.
    Put me down for "Both 4% Healing Taken and 129 Health Recovery", don't want them.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see

Adds X Poison resistance
    Adds X Fire resistance
    Adds X Cold Resistance

etc.

Those would be super 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses for a Tank set.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    Ops, should have read it properly before voting. I missed the "not" in the question. Can't change vote either, bah.
    Put me down for "Both 4% Healing Taken and 129 Health Recovery", don't want them.

smile

I added a hopefully crystal clear EDIT
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    I'd like to see

Adds X Poison resistance
    Adds X Fire resistance
    Adds X Cold Resistance

etc.

Those would be super 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses for a Tank set.

Why do you need this if you are at cap with the spell resists?
    Because I can!
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    DK Tank here. I want all of them with magicka recovery which I can convert to stamina.

haha
    agree

NB Siphoning tank here.
    3x Magicka Recovery would be great for the Sap Essence costs :)

Edited by hrothbern on March 24, 2016 1:08PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The mitigation you get from armor and spell resist caps out. From what I've experienced those batches are additive with other forms of mitigation through abilities or armor sets.

Mitigation from physical resistance and spell resistance are converted to a % damage reduction. All % damage reductions in this game are multiplicative with each other. Otherwise you could very easily get 100% damage reduction in this game with a few passives and skills.

For example if I cap resists at 50%, then add 19% (or more) from Templar ultimate, 33% from Undeath, well there you go. Old Cyrodiils Light set for 25% DR while channeling and I could be an invincible PS spamming Templar.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Mitigation from physical resistance and spell resistance are converted to a % damage reduction. All % damage reductions in this game are multiplicative with each other. Otherwise you could very easily get 100% damage reduction in this game with a few passives and skills.

For example if I cap resists at 50%, then add 19% (or more) from Templar ultimate, 33% from Undeath, well there you go. Old Cyrodiils Light set for 25% DR while channeling and I could be an invincible PS spamming Templar.

I'd like to point out that you haven't been thinking outside of the box. :wink: There are plenty of players in the PvP community that have figured out the 94%-100% mitigation build set up. Also, Cyrodiil's Light isn't even the best % mitigation set bonus.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump