Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For those itching to log into the game with DX v10.1

Sneaky-Snurr
Sneaky-Snurr
✭✭✭✭✭
I am on the same boat as you guys. The good news (the bad to be revealed later) is, there is a way to log into the game despite having our current DX version. I'm only serving this info for those who don't know how to do so but for those who do, feel free to chip in tweaks/tips on how to improve the gameplay (this will be clarified below).

1. Download dxcpl.exe HERE and run it as soon as the download completes
2. Click 'Edit List..' and locate your "eso.exe" and/or "eso64.exe" file(s) via the '...' button next to 'Add'
*The executable files can be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\ (as a reference)
3. Make sure the file(s) you intend to run is on the list and click 'OK'
4. Set the 'Feature level limit' to 11_1 and click 'Apply' and 'OK'
5. Run the .exe file you've included into the list earlier in step 2

If it crashes still, then reopen dxcpl.exe and tick Force Warp next to the 'Feature level limit' and click 'OK' and re-run the ESO executable file you've chosen earlier in step 2.
But here's the bad news, the FPS is generally horrendous (depending on your GPU) should you log in but you could still log into the game to catch up with your mates or anything that is not combat-related. You could do a few tweaks that can potentially improve your FPS marginally (~3-5 FPS but hey, it's better than nothing right?) so I'd recommend everyone to revise their resolution (or playing in windowed mode). I believe there are other tweaks but I'm just rather demotivated to elaborate on that so I'll leave that to the community to help me list them down.

I understand a lot of people's frustration on the inability to log into the game as per usual due to time, financial and other restrictions that apply to you from getting your hands on a new set of GPU(s) or desktop/laptop so therefore I hope everyone finds this not-so-happy guide to be worth something.
Do let me know how it runs for you and we can discuss it further on improving the fluidity of FPS/gameplay.
The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
    EP CP810 Nightblade
    AD CP810 Templar
    AD CP810 Dragon Knight
    AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
    DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
{PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant find my eso.exe or the other one either.Where do I look?
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    @Volkodav
    They're in the folder where you first installed ESO. The 32-bit and 64-bit .exes should be in the \game\client subfolders.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • kuccyarjen
    kuccyarjen
    Soul Shriven
    So, i did this dxcpl (added the game to the list, choosed dx11.1 and clicked force warp but still gives me the same error directx unsupported. Is there any way to fix it?
  • kuccyarjen
    kuccyarjen
    Soul Shriven
    Volkodav wrote: »
    @Volkodav
    They're in the folder where you first installed ESO. The 32-bit and 64-bit .exes should be in the \game\client subfolders.

Help me senpai :smile: