The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to launch in Opengl on PC?

kenjitamura
kenjitamura
✭✭
It seems like since the latest patch the game has been ignoring the line in UserSettings.txt to launch in Opengl mode.
SET GraphicsDriver.7 "OPENGL"

Is in a UserSettings.txt file in both the "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" and "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\ESO_BUILD_BRANCH" directories but the game is still making D3D11 calls on launch and when it crashes it lists this in the error report:
client.renderertype = D3D11

Did the way to launch the game in OpenGL mode on PC change after this patch?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah crap, i was afraid that was going to happen...

WHY ZOS, WHY?
    headbang.gif
  • Billtheman
    This is the queston of the hour bro, How to enable OPENGL support? Why would they disable this?
  • kenjitamura
    kenjitamura
    ✭✭
    We may not ever get a concrete answer of what's going on with the OpenGL support for Windows on this game.

I opened a ticket:
    Ever since patch 2.3.5 the line in UserSettings.txt that enables OpenGL mode seems to be ignored. Even with:
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "OPENGL"

In my UserSettings.txt file the game launches in D3D11 mode and any crash with it lists this in the report:
    client.renderertype = D3D11

Is this intended? Has OpenGL support for PC been disabled?

and this is the reply I got:
    Hail ye, Adam

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online support team. My name is ####, and I'm happy to assist you today!

I’d like to start by offering my thanks for your continued patience, and my sincerest apologies for the issue.

We had a hotfix implemented this morning, are you still unable to login? Are you able to generate a Game Consultant report? If so, please send us the report.

If you're having trouble after a patch and you think that your UserSettings.txt file did not update correctly, there's an easy way to make sure that your UserSettings file is completely up to date. What we'll have you do is delete that file, run a repair to rebuild those files, then press 'play' to make those settings repopulate.
    First, you need to locate the file itself. The UserSettings.txt file is located in the Live or LiveEU folder, which are located here by default:
    My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live
    My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\LiveEU
    Once you have located this file, please delete it. Then, open your launcher and run a repair.
    Click on the Cog Gear under the "News" section of the launcher
    Select "Repair" from the drop down menu
    Give the launcher a few minutes to complete the repair. (It may go to 100% and then go back to 0% a few times-- this is normal, just let it finish)
    Once the repair has finished, please press "Play." This will get you to the login screen, where you will need to re-sign the agreements and enter your one-time-password. After you have done this, however, you should be all set and ready to get back to playing!

Game Consultant captures technical information that can be vital to troubleshooting hardware issues and generates a report. It is a specialized diagnostic tool designed to identify issues that may affect the play experience in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. Please attach a copy of the Game Consultant report to any technical support request.
    Here is how to find and use it:
    Click on the golden cog icon in the top right corner of the game launcher.
    Under SETTINGS - LAUNCHER, select the ABOUT tab. This tab includes the current launcher version, minimum specifications, and information about Game Consultant.
    Click the Game Consultant button beneath the tool description.
    A new window will pop up. When it does, click Run Tests. This may take a few minutes.
    When the test is complete, a new window will pop up saying "Success!" The report saves itself as a text file called Report.txt in the My Documents folder.
    To retrieve the file, click the Open Report Location button on the Game Consultant window, or click Open Report to simply view it.
    Check out ESO Help channel for a step-by-step video on how to use The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Game Consultant: http://youtu.be/3fNqpZE_4rs.

May The Eight Divine's Guide You!

Warm Regards,
    ####
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

which completely smooths over the question with irrelevant information.

I sent a response re-iterating the question so hopefully next time I get an answer.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @kenjitamura tell me what youll got
  • Avianographer
    Avianographer
    ✭✭
    I posted a possible solution earlier in another thread. I haven't personally tried this (and have no older hardware with which to do so), but I'd be interested in hearing if someone gets it to work or not.
  • jupiter126
    They did cause opengl clients are too thin a customer base to justify the investment... So many people screwed... I bet now would be a good time to buy cheap accounts on black market