Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

What will happen when VR levels removed?

hydrocynus
hydrocynus
✭✭✭✭✭
Will we forever stay at 50?

Will we have incremental levels from 50 upwards with each DLC release like other games do, just not as hectic xp grind?

I really hope there is some gear related progression and not just CP progression forever amen. It would make the game rather boring if there is nothing to work towards. What is the point of adding content of you don't add character progression at the same time for us to work towards being able to compete that content?

What will we all do with our time then?

My internet is invalid
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They said there'll be CP progression and CP-gated gear. So basically nothing will change except leveling alts and hopefully leveling in general will be easier.
    Edited by Magdalina on January 8, 2016 12:05PM
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Darlgon on January 8, 2016 12:06PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levels are increased by Expansions, its standard way how MMORPG genre have done things over 10+ year. Speaking of Expansions, I think first might be coming. Usually first Expansion hits at 2-2.5 year mark. Also they needed to remove VRs on the way. 2016 might be it!
    Edited by Sausage on January 8, 2016 12:09PM
    Options
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    They said there'll be CP progression and CP-gated gear. So basically nothing will change except leveling alts and hopefully leveling in general will be easier.

Ok cool that's what I was hoping. Nice.
    My internet is invalid
    Options
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Levels are increased by Expansions, its standard way how MMORPG genre have done things over 10+ year. Speaking of Expansions, I think first might be coming. Usually first Expansion hits at 2-2.5 year mark. Also they needed to remove VRs on the way. 2016 might be it!

doubt they are gonna do expansions in the traditional... the dlcs are their form of expansion.. smaller but more often
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear will depend on your Champion Rank, so there will be progression.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as it's gonna be CP based, I made five more characters seeing as one characters CP affects the others.

Just incase something he's changed. I think I'm sitting in like 275 CP now.

Running around the sewers on your own is a VERY surprisingly effective way to gain CP
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    Sausage wrote: »

doubt they are gonna do expansions in the traditional... the dlcs are their form of expansion.. smaller but more often

If they ever want to fill up entire map, I think Expansions are only thing what makes sense, when they add Expansion that means 3 new zones.

Rift added content at fast pace and still had Expansions. Sure, ESO is adding content/improvements even faster but ESO is bigger project too, so I suppose theres still some hope for Expansion.
    Edited by Sausage on January 8, 2016 3:46PM
    Options