The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bulletproof Templar (Stamina DPS Templar Build)

Dread_Guy
Dread_Guy
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello ESO forum! I've been playing as a templar since ESO was released on the console. I've spent the majority of my time as a stamina DPS templar, but I have dabbled in almost every role the class has to offer whether it was as a tank, DPS, or healer. I've looked up many builds like Deltia's Harvester builds/Omega build, Jabsmania from Tamriel Foundry, and Sypher's Stamina Templar build. I finally feel like I've reached a point where I'm content with where my build is and I'd like to share it with you so here is my build, "The Bulletproof Templar"

What role does this Templar fit?

The Bulletproof templar is a hybrid between a tank and DPS. You're not quite tanky enough to be a true tank and you don't have the highest DPS out there. It's a middling in both cases but this results in a very interesting Front-line fighter mold. If you like getting into the thick of things while still doing decent damage then this build is for you.

Why is it called Bulletproof?

It's called this because of a certain skill. I'll elaborate in the skills section.

STATS:12400740_10207809827186465_5143753834340246455_n.jpg?oh=08bd8f548bd0a444efee4bec80ac90e5&oe=57177C74
Small Caveats: This picture was taken when Daggerfall had crowned an Emperor so the normal HP would be around 27,000 and I was not standing in my rune so my physical and spell resistance should be increased by 5200 each.

My race is an Imperial which grants me 10% more stamina and 12% more health. It also adds the very underestimated Red Diamond passive which grants you healing on Melee hits. Your Biting Jabs can proc this passive. I run The Serpent Mundus stone for increased Stamina recovery because Templar lack any in class passive recovery unless they slot Repentance. I do slot Repentance, but I felt like i needed more. You could switch this for the Warrior Mundus for more raw damage, but that's really up to you.

I use one of the new food recipes introduced with Orsinium. Orzorga's Triple Trifle Pocket Recipe gives 5000 health and 457 stamina recovery. You can go for Max Health and Max Stamina if you feel you're lacking in stamina or even go purple tri-food. Drinks work too if you want to increase your recovery and you are confident with your max stats.

SKILLS:
12400926_10207809921468822_6855003531386736832_n.jpg?oh=86acc72172ec6cc86e29759d6acb9c60&oe=56FB7226
Bar One: Sword and Shield

Biting Jabs (Puncturing Strikes Morph - Aedric Spear) - This is a Stamina Templar's bread and butter skill. It's an AoE that hits the first target like a truck...or Lebron James...same difference... The first target in the path of this channel takes 140% of the damage dealt by this ability. It also has a chance to proc the incredible templar passive, Burning Light. When Burning Light procs, enemies die and they die fast.Biting Jabs doesn't lock in on a target so it isn't a guarantee to land all hits especially if your target is smart and moves around a lot. You'll have to position yourself in a way where you can land your hits and/or CC your targets. This is the main factor when determining if you're dealing with a mediocre Templar and someone who know what they're doing.

Invasion (Shield Charge Morph - One Handed and Shield) - Some may question why would I use a stamina gap closer when Templars have their own Magicka gap closer in Focused Charge. Those same people must not know the sheer frustration Focused Charge causes when it refuses to work and/or locks you in this odd sort of purgatory where you can't attack, use your skills, or even bar swap until you drink a potion or just get slaughtered like a helpless lamb. Invasion was actually one of the reasons i went with Sword and Board. The fluid animation, the decent damage (just under 7k when buffed), and the long stun makes this an amazing ability let alone a gap closer.

Heroic Slash (Low Slash Morph - One Handed and Shield) - where have you been all my life? Biting Jabs is your go to ability, but it's a channel and sometimes you need just a quick burst of damage to get your foe to back off. Heroic Slash does that and more. Heroic slash does just under 8.5k damage instantly and slows your target by 60%. This is a huge slow which sets up biting jabs perfectly! But wait, there's more! Heroic slash also adds Minor Maim on your enemy which lowers their damage by 15%. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE?! Heroic slash also grants minor heroism which gives you 1 ult every 1.5 seconds for 9 seconds. so to recap, Heroic Slash does a quick burst of moderate/high damage, weakens your target, slows your target, and give you ult... You can trade this ability for it's other morph, Deep Slash, if you want to put the debuffs on two other targets in exchange for the ult gain.

Repentance (Restoring Aura Morph - Restoring Light) - This is one of the best Templar abilities in the game. Just having it slotted increases your Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery by 10%. Activating this ability siphons health AND stamina fro any slain person on the ground. The only time I don't run this is if there is already a templar spamming it. I would replace this Silver Leash (Silver bolts Morph - Fighter's guild), Binding Javelin ( Piercing Javelin Morph - Aedric Spear), or Luminous Shards (Spear Shards Morph - Aedric Spear Morph) for some range and CC. Each has it's pros and cons so I'll let you decide.

Defensive Stance (Defensive Posture Morph - One Handed and Shield) - This is why this build is called "Bulletproof". I can't tell you how many, crystal frags, flame reaches, and meteors I have reflected back, but i can tell you that each one makes me smile a little. It doesn't reflect non-spell projectiles like Throwing Dagger or Snipe which sucks, but at least when it reflects back on the user, they're stunned for 3.5 seconds. You really feel like you're bulletproof when you see so much projectiles bounce off of you

Flawless Dawnbreaker (Dawnbreaker Morph - Fighter's Guild) - Pretty standard ult for DPS users. The passive 8% weapon damage is really nice and the damage is impressive. Woe is to you, daedra, undead, werewolves, and vampires if you are hit by this...

Bar Two: Two Handed Battleaxe

Executioner (Reverse Slash Morph - Two Handed) - This is really the only option for an execute if you're a stamina user and not a nightblade. Radiant Destruction is just a horrible idea for a Stamina User. If you feel you don't need an execute, then you can use Binding Javelin. Right now, Battleaxes are bugged and Binding Javelin will always proc the bleed damage passive in the Two Handed tree. Honestly, this is the only reason I'm using a battleaxe at the moment. Once this is fixed, I'll probably go to a two handed sword or just drop two handers in favor for a bow and weapon power potions.

Restoring Focus (Channeled Focus Morph - Restoring Light) - I was watching Sypher's video on stamina templars where he said that healing was increased by 30% when you were within Purifying Ritual. Sadly, he was misinformed. Only Restoring Light heals are increased while within the radius of Channeled Focus, Cleansing Ritual, and Rite of Passage. This sucks hardcore, Zenimax! It's also the major reason you'll hear when Stamina Templars have "No Heals". My remedy for this is you use Restoring Focus. Restoring Focus grants you Minor Vitality which increases healing received by 8%. Unfortunately, this is only when you are inside the rune which has a small radius. Still it's better than nothing. It also gives you Major Wards which increase your armor and spell resistance by 5200. You can also leave your Rune and still have the armor buffs for 8 seconds before they dissipate. So why can't the healing follow too? :#

Purifying Ritual (Cleansing Ritual Morph - Restoring Light) - Best debuff removal in the game in my opinion. It removes up to 5 negative effects, heals you over time, and gives a synergy for teammates to remove their debuffs and heal themselves slightly. I tried Cleanse (Purge Morph - Support) just to see how it was and was just lacking in every category for me. This is great for PvP, but for PvE I would switch it out for Razor Caltrops (Caltrops Morph - Assault) or Evil Hunter (Expert Hunter Morph - Fighting Guild). I would actually try and slot both by replacing this and Restoring Focus for PvE play.

Resolving Vigor (Vigor Morph - Assault) - As my good friend T0RMENTED SAINT said, "...so I have to choose between healing myself for more or a bigger radius for others? "N****, F*** the team"

Rally (Momentum Morph - Two Handed) - Main reason I'm running a two hander. The 30second Major Brutality buff and passive healing for 30 seconds is outstanding. If I'm not running this, then I'm not running a two hander. The only time to replace this is if you prefer a bow and have alchemy ingredients to make weapon power potions (Blessed Thistle, Dragonthorn, Water Hyacinth/Wormwood) or speed potions (Blessed Thistle, Dragonthorn, Namira's Rot) which also grants Major Brutality.

Empowering Sweep (Radial Sweep Morph) - I'm not in love with this morph. I'll go as far as saying it's one of the worst ults in the game. The thing is though...It works for me. When I manage to actually hit someone with it's pitiful 5 meter radius, the 15% reduced damage (+4% per enemy hit, capped at 6 for some horrible reason...YOU'LL NEVER HIT 6 PEOPLE WITH THIS SKILL) will keep you alive in the middle of enemy lines. It's weak AoE pulse actually is more useful as a way to break Nightblades out of stealth rather than damage. I only have this slotted so my Aedric Spear Passives will apply to my back bar. I would replace this with Shooting Star (Meteor Morph - Mage's Guild) if I slot Binding Javelin or Luminous Shards on my back bar.

GEAR:947017_10207810271157564_3219552224815982423_n.jpg?oh=3e47d480bb3b9a4935a3373ea416f63a&oe=570CE066

The gear sets are actually pretty simplistic and easy to get...for the most part. I use 5 piece medium Hunding's Rage on my chest, legs, waist, gloves, and boots.
My shoulder is 1 piece light Molag Kena. My helmet is a heavy Night Mother's Gaze Helmet. My sword and shield is also Night Mother's Gaze as well as my battleaxe. I run the 5/1/1 set up for the Undaunted passive bonus which increases my Health, Magicka, Stamina by 6%. I'm thinking of running 5 piece Morkuldin, Shield Breaker, or Essence Thief in the future, but Hundings/Night Mother's Gaze Combo is really effective. I have max stamina runes on my waist, boots, gloves, shoulders, Chests, and legs. Max Health on Helmets, and Shield.

My Jewelry is two Rings of Agility, both robust, and a Necklace of Agility, healthy. The only way I'd replace these is if I had full Morkuldin crafted and the Hunt set from Maelstrom Arena. This also going off the assumption that the Morkuldin Axe that spawns counts as a Pet. If it counts as a pet, then the Hunt set would proc and you would recover health and stamina. If it doesn't...well...s***

CHAMPION POINTS:maxresdefault.jpg
In the Warrior Tree, I focus most of my champion points into The Lady constellation. the added resistances from Hardy and Elemental Defender are very nice, but we're aiming for the Unchained passive which is given at 120 warrior points invested in The Lady. Unchained lowers the cost of stamina abilities by 80% after breaking free! It's a must have and my main goal. Until i reach 120, however, I invest mostly into Hardy and then Elemental Defender. I throw a couple into quick recovery in The Lord constellation to boost my healing as well. Once I hit 120 though, I'll do an even 60/60 split between Hardy and Elemental Defender.

In the Thief Tree, I focus most of my champion points into The Lover constellation. Stamina Recovery is key for this build and sustaining that is really important. I go full 100 into Mooncalf to increase my stamina recovery. I've thrown 10 into Warlord in the Tower constellation and the rest into tumbling in the Shadow constellation until I hit 120. I'll probably go for that Windwalker passive, but I'm not in love with it.

In the Mage Tree, I focus most of my champion points into The Ritual constellation. Physical Damage has no counter in the champion tree system right now so take advantage of it. 100 into Mighty for max physical damage then I put one into Piercing and Precise Strikes. The rest go into Thaumaturge to boost our Burning Light Passive as well as our Dawnbreaker damage.

VIDEO GAMEPLAY: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_LSDGQv5mUM&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: If someone can tell me how to embed a video, I'd really appreciate it
Edited by Dread_Guy on February 24, 2016 7:08PM
"My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a pretty solid build, i may use this on my templar if i ever actually get him top an acceptable level.

I like the way your using heoric slash for sorc, damn jabs bug :(

That dmg is pretty good considering your not using stam food, and 2k regen is pretty nice as well.

I'm still in two minds whether i should go dual wield + 2h or s+b/2h one is more dmg, one is more survivability.

Also you could probably drop a few thousand hp for more dmg if thats your thing.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given me some good ideas for my stampler, I run a similar set up but a few of those skills seem like they would syngergize better than the ones I use.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still confused how you manage 4.2k wpn dmg with s+b...

Also quick question my temp is a redguard, so he'll have more sustin so i could probably drop something for more dmg. Extra 9% regen and the passive, maybe drop serpant for warrior or such?
    Edited by leepalmer95 on January 7, 2016 7:41AM
    PS4 EU DC

• Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also quick question my temp is a redguard, so he'll have more sustin so i could probably drop something for more dmg. Extra 9% regen and the passive, maybe drop serpent for warrior or such?

If you got the recovery then definitely drop it for the warrior. I might drop it myself since I started running that food that gives me 5000hp and 457 stamina recovery.

As for weapon damage, this is with rally already on. I'm using a gold v16 sword, 3 piece night mother's gaze, 5 piece hunding rage, 1 molag kena, 3 agility pieces and all my jewelry has weapon damage glyphs. Also my sword has a weapon damage glyph as well that increases my damage by 174 for 5 seconds. I'm also running 5 medium and flawless dawnbreaker
    Edited by Dread_Guy on January 7, 2016 7:52AM
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also quick question my temp is a redguard, so he'll have more sustin so i could probably drop something for more dmg. Extra 9% regen and the passive, maybe drop serpent for warrior or such?

If you got the recovery then definitely drop it for the warrior. I might drop it myself since I started running that food that gives me 5000hp and 457 stamina recovery.

As for weapon damage, this is with rally already on. I'm using a gold v16 sword, 3 piece night mother's gaze, 5 piece hunding rage, 1 molag kena, 3 agility pieces and all my jewelry has weapon damage glyphs. Also my sword has a weapon damage glyph as well that increases my damage by 174 for 5 seconds. I'm also running 5 medium and flawless dawnbreaker

There's a passive too which increases spell resistant and weapon damage for temps isn't there?

Your regen, health and stamina are in a real nice place. Add a high weapon damage on it and it makes me annoyed that stamplars is the only class I haven't made and have no room to now :(
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

There's a passive too which increases spell resistant and weapon damage for temps isn't there?

Your regen, health and stamina are in a real nice place. Add a high weapon damage on it and it makes me annoyed that stamplars is the only class I haven't made and have no room to now :(

Sure is, it's called Balanced Warrior under the Aedric Spear skill line
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • IBentley92
    giphy.gif
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I deleted my mule to make a stamplar. Level 29 currently

Similar setup, slightly different.

Bar 1 - sword and board
    Biting Jabs
    Repentance
    Ransack
    Stamina javelin morph
    Invasion
    Dawnbreaker when unlocked

Bar 2 - two handed
    Shuffle
    Stam morph of puryfying light /Total dark when unlocked
    Breath of life/ vigor when unlocked
    Rally
    Purifying Ritual/rune focus
    Wearwolf

Ransack medium weave is great dps. I want javelin there for a cc. I find them so important in pvp at the moment.

I'm not sure what to choose between puryfying Ritual and rune focuses. Ritual cleanses, but it'd only be dots as I have shuffle for snares. Rune focus (whichever morph it is) would increase my healing received (such as vigor) and make me more tanky. Dropping that and going into ww would be real nice. I'm not sure which one would benefit me more.

I'm yet to pvp with it yet. Will breath of life be w viable heal alongside rally until I get vigor? Hopesay won't take too long as I can spam heals on people.

I've gone 5 hunding's and 4 morkuldin. My 2h is a buff bar only, so not bothered about losing the weapon damage on that. I went redguard. I value regen a lot. The way I play, I need a decent regen.

It seems really powerful in pve. But it's hard to judge. This is my 8th toon (every class in stam and mag) so can compare to others, but I have more CP each time I make a new one.

The one issue I'm going to find with this build is mobility. My 7 other toons have it. Double take, lightning form, streak, elusive mist, dodge roll waith bow. They all have something. Thi'll level bow just in case. I can't really drop rally though and I want to stick with sword and board as my front bar as I've never used it for dps, just tanking.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 13, 2016 10:51AM
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski I run purifying ritual in PvP since it's the best cleanse in game and removes all those debuffs from players and siege. Rune focus is more PvE, but you can get away with using it in PvP too. my biggest gripe with it is that you have to be in your rune to get the benefits or return back to it in 8 seconds. I've never been a fan of shuffle to be honest, but if you're gonna run that, then feel free to drop purifying ritual. Just watch out for seige ;)

your gear has a good set up and I'd run that too if I had more crafting traits researched. Redguard is an excellent choice for a race since you'll be able to focus more on damage over recovery. you might be more squishy, but I'm sure food buffs + Health glyphs will be adequate.

Breath of Life really isn't a good option, but it might be you're only option until you get vigor. Ransack weaving is good, I just prefer all the benefits you get from heroic slash over it. HS is definitely a flex spot so use whatever is comfortable to you. As for mobility, that's mostly a templar issue. Running a bow instead of 2h is a good option since you get hasty retreat after a dodgeroll. You can also slot Charging Maneuvers for the bonus 10% movement speed + The Wind Walker Passive in the Lover tree.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats. Damn son
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski I run purifying ritual in PvP since it's the best cleanse in game and removes all those debuffs from players and siege. Rune focus is more PvE, but you can get away with using it in PvP too. my biggest gripe with it is that you have to be in your rune to get the benefits or return back to it in 8 seconds. I've never been a fan of shuffle to be honest, but if you're gonna run that, then feel free to drop purifying ritual. Just watch out for seige ;)

your gear has a good set up and I'd run that too if I had more crafting traits researched. Redguard is an excellent choice for a race since you'll be able to focus more on damage over recovery. you might be more squishy, but I'm sure food buffs + Health glyphs will be adequate.

Breath of Life really isn't a good option, but it might be you're only option until you get vigor. Ransack weaving is good, I just prefer all the benefits you get from heroic slash over it. HS is definitely a flex spot so use whatever is comfortable to you. As for mobility, that's mostly a templar issue. Running a bow instead of 2h is a good option since you get hasty retreat after a dodgeroll. You can also slot Charging Maneuvers for the bonus 10% movement speed + The Wind Walker Passive in the Lover tree.

Cool, thanks man.

Got mine to vet yesterday. Gonna make some vet 1 gear on it today and tear pvp up
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is your gear enchanted? Any tri-stat glyph? Any health glyph in body parts?
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SemiD4rkness I have a tri rune on my shield. My head has a health glyph. The rest are stamina.
    Edited by Dread_Guy on January 18, 2016 9:05AM
  • katcali
    katcali
    Templars damage comes from crit, not weapon or spell damage. Crit is where the damage is at.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katcali wrote: »
    Templars damage comes from crit, not weapon or spell damage. Crit is where the damage is at.

I ran a crit build before and it just wasn't for me. There's just too many ways to counter crit right now whether it's shields, impenetrable trait, or Champion points. I prefer to have high stats and recovery
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katcali wrote: »

Why 50% of people use shields in pvp, it really doesn't.

Sorc, can't crit + jabs is useless.

Anytime someone uses barrier or healing ward or such your build becomes useless.

I'd prefer some half ok crit with a better base dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

• deltascout112
    Loving it. Currently trying to farm up gold for a respec. Broke as a joke right now and not making any money!!! Can't wait to give that a shot. My Templar has been a dead character for a while in pvp. Magplars just suck in pvp if you ask me...
  • OreoTheDj
    OreoTheDj
    ✭✭
    How do you feel about maybe using twice born star with this build? and if you would what mundus stones would you run?
    "Ahh... The beauty of the naked form. These Dunmer are rather prudish, are they not? Of course, there is an island you can reach filled with wonderful, naked, glistening bodies. It only appears when the moons are full, the rain falls, the seas run red, and it's M'aiq's birthday."- M'aiq the Liar
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just got mine to v16. Such an awesome class. Really enjoy it.

Stats are slightly different, I run some different skills too (javelin and Ransack instead of heroic slash and reflect). I run without an execute too. Use shuffle in that slot I guess. It hits so hard I do fine without an execute. I was ww for a while, but I play in the sewers a lot so farmed up ice comet. Works good. Drop then javelin/invasion before they can block comet, ransack, jabs. Works well.

I have a bit more regen (2200) and max stam (33k), quite a bit less health (21k). Running full impen though so feel really tanky. No undaunted yet, so need to level that.

Think it's the most fun class to play. Like I said, I have magica and stam in all classes. This is the most fun I've had on any. More than stam sorc and magica nb. I feel tanky abd hit like a truck. Movement speed is a slight drawback. I levelled bow in case I want to change though.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OreoTheDj wrote: »
    How do you feel about maybe using twice born star with this build? and if you would what mundus stones would you run?

Pretty sure twice born only comes close to outperforming others when the crit chance and crit damage Steens are used. Shadow and thief I belive they're called.

Julianos is better than tbs for pve magica builds, so maybe hunding's is the same for stam. Can't say 100% though.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OreoTheDj I have thought about TBS before. The problem is I'm just not a fan of Crit for pvp since there is too many ways to counter it. Even throwing on a 2000 damage shield negates your crit for an attack. TBS is the best with the Shadow and Thief mundus stones, but I'm not really sure it's the best for this build. I thought of using the serpent and the warrior together but I think it's a net loss in dps because of the crit and damage you lose from hundings. If you really don't want to run hundings, I found Morkuldn very fun replacement. I weave my attacks constantly so the sword is almost always active. You don't have as high dps, but that extra recovery the set provides could allow you to use the warrior mundus instead of the serpent

@Brrrofski that's a nice combo with the javelin and ice comet. Also how tanky does full inpen make you? I've been thinking of running it myself. I wary of removing my reflect because on console, everyone spams meteor/dark flare/ crystal frags so I like to have it up at all times. You could back bar your javelin if you wanted. Is your health 21k in cryodiil? It seems kinda low, but if it's working for you then right on!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OreoTheDj I have thought about TBS before. The problem is I'm just not a fan of Crit for pvp since there is too many ways to counter it. Even throwing on a 2000 damage shield negates your crit for an attack. TBS is the best with the Shadow and Thief mundus stones, but I'm not really sure it's the best for this build. I thought of using the serpent and the warrior together but I think it's a net loss in dps because of the crit and damage you lose from hundings. If you really don't want to run hundings, I found Morkuldn very fun replacement. I weave my attacks constantly so the sword is almost always active. You don't have as high dps, but that extra recovery the set provides could allow you to use the warrior mundus instead of the serpent

@Brrrofski that's a nice combo with the javelin and ice comet. Also how tanky does full inpen make you? I've been thinking of running it myself. I wary of removing my reflect because on console, everyone spams meteor/dark flare/ crystal frags so I like to have it up at all times. You could back bar your javelin if you wanted. Is your health 21k in cryodiil? It seems kinda low, but if it's working for you then right on!

Impen is big. I'm converting all my builds to it slowly. You can really notice the difference. 50 something points into crit resistance too.

I always run with around 20k health, so I'm cool with it.

Javelin is great on my front bar. Blocking mutlille people, can quickly get one of them out of my face.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski well I'm glad its working for you. I've been playing as a magicka build lately but I might switch back to try out the new sets in TG. Faslla's guile is an interesting set I might run over agility. Since I'm on the console I can't try these out until then, but I'll keep you posted
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Dread Knight. What do think of the change to jabs in the next update. Will you still be running heroic slash now that jabs has its own slow? Or will you replace slash with something else?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EdmundTowers That's a very good question. From what I've been hearing, the slow only applies on the last hit of jabs and it only last 2 seconds. I might leave heroic slash to be my opener move so they're already slowed so my follow up jabs would be easier. If i find that redundant, I will replace HS with Reverberating Bash or Ransack. RB would add a nice stun and a much needed heal debuff while ransack is cheaper and lets my sweeps harder because of the lowered armor on my opponent.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very similar build but never tried HS and jabs on the same bar. Works really good actually now that I have. Have you tried animation cancelling by going invasion, heavy attack, HS, then bash? It's great at bursting people down.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done, homie! I like the build a lot, and your explanations for your skill choices are on point. Strangely enough, I am working on a similar build that swaps out 1H&S for DW yet has a similar focus. Keep us updated!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned that you are no longer running this build do you have plans of running this again or are you happy running your current magical build more at this time?
  • mimorin
    mimorin
    Soul Shriven
    That's exactly what I've been looking for my Stamplar, a tank/dps build. Does this still work? What would you change? Does it work with a Redguard as well?
    Edited by mimorin on March 25, 2017 8:21PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are jabs useless against sorcs? Mine dominate a sorcs shield with 1