The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So let's talk about undaunted sets coming to a PvP vendor near you with Thieves Guild DLC in 2016

Legedric
Legedric
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't know what I am talking about?
Watch this part of the ESO Live stream

Some facts from the stream:
- A new vendor will be placed in Cyrodiil safe zones for each faction to sell dungeon gear
- The vendor will only be at his fixed place for some days a week
- Set items will cost "very very high amounts of gold or AP"
- Set items will vary for each week
- Internal discussions about making these items tradeable is still ongoing

So much for the facts we got from the stream.

But what about the information we didn't get from @ZOS_BrianWheeler ?
- How will armor types be handled?
- How will traits be handled?
- How will the weekly change happen?
- What range will the costs be at for AP? like 500k, 1m or 2m just to get a direction?
- Only undaunted sets or also other dungeon sets like Overwhelming Mage, Brands of the Imperium etc.?

Brian was mentioning on the stream that one week the vendor will sell Engine Guardian hat/helmet and maybe Hunding's Rage the other week.

Well, we all (except Brian) know Hunding's Rage is a crafted set and it doesn't make sense at all to put it on a vendor for high gold/AP costs but can someone from ZOS please tell us some more about this weekly variety?
Will the vendor only sell one part a week or like 3 items from different sets a week?

Because we've got 10 sets now and making shoulders and helmets appear seperately each week we are talking about 20 weeks per cycle to see every set on the vendor, making it 5 months to wait for someone to get the piece he wants if they appear on a fixed schedule.
If it is random (which is ZOS's favorite way to troll us, we all know for sure) this may take even way longer...

I appreciate this approach very much although I think it's already one year too late to add this but can @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler maybe provide some more information about this, please?
I know this stuff is already somehow visible on the "mythical internal guild test server" so please don't try to tell us it's still in its planning phase and you don't want to tell us more about it ;)

regards,

Legedric
Edited by Legedric on December 7, 2015 10:16AM
Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol hundings rage...

If they don't sell both the head and shoulders at the same time, this will be as much bull *** as the current rng system.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since some Akaviri chapters cost 500k, I would imagine the "very high amount of AP" will be at least 1 million in this case.

I also think they should put in a vendor who would buy AP for gold and vice versa. Of course the exchange rate would have to be determined.
    Edited by Jura23 on December 7, 2015 10:39AM
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Well fitted inc
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alt-o-holic, I'll probably not be able to buy anything from that vendor, as my AP is spread over multiple characters.. would be nice if AP could also be banked, now that they have a separate currency tab.
    Options
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if... you need an Engine guard helm. You wait a month for the vendor to show up with that set. You buy a box for 1m AP, and you open it to find out it's a well-fitted shoulder in the wrong weight? Imagine the pain...
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Well fitted inc

I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one shall tell a story. A story of dumb things some shadowy undefined persons have said.

Once upon a time people demanded ZOS dumb down imperial city so that they wouldn't have to "PVP in a PVP area because they bought the DLC and it'd make getting the new gear to hard".

In response this one quipped "Well then khajiit demands that all dungeon drops have a chance from dropping off of mud crabs. Level 1 mud crabs. Because dungeons are hard too."

This one thinks this is a nice middle ground between both extremely selfish and ignorant points of view.

Now if they'd just make laurels transferrable....

The end.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    This one shall tell a story. A story of dumb things some shadowy undefined persons have said.

Once upon a time people demanded ZOS dumb down imperial city so that they wouldn't have to "PVP in a PVP area because they bought the DLC and it'd make getting the new gear to hard".

In response this one quipped "Well then khajiit demands that all dungeon drops have a chance from dropping off of mud crabs. Level 1 mud crabs. Because dungeons are hard too."

This one thinks this is a nice middle ground between both extremely selfish and ignorant points of view.

Now if they'd just make laurels transferrable....

The end.

I DO NOT UN-DER-STAND YOUR KIT-TY LANG-UA-GE, PLEASE SPEAK ENG-ER-ISH

daddd1a53eef4800f221c0c18874f927.gif

LOVE THE TURTLE
    Options
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    As an alt-o-holic, I'll probably not be able to buy anything from that vendor, as my AP is spread over multiple characters.. would be nice if AP could also be banked, now that they have a separate currency tab.

That would make sense, unless...

It was misused by some of those "multi-faction" pvp players (you know who you are) to funnel AP (aka funding terrorism) to buy the soon to be returning forward camps in mass quantities (20k AP is not much at all) providing comfort and shelter (and rezzies) to the enemy, allowing said enemy to... be an enemy... of my enemy is my friend!

Sorry, foil hat fell off midstream.

Pretty sure you can just buy siege and bank as is, but the limited forward camps were faction based... wonder if all the returning ones will be that way.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

- What range will the costs be at for AP? like 500k, 1m or 2m just to get a direction?
    - Only undaunted sets or also other dungeon sets like Overwhelming Mage, Brands of the Imperium etc.?

If the price is indeed very high (which is subjective) it would be fair to have at least the correct weight. For example, Engine Guardian Heavy Helmet Lock-Box, giving a heavy engine guardian head with random trait (hopefully training, exploration, well-fitted excluded).

It would be pointless to sell the more unwanted monster masks such as Bogdan, Mephala, Lord Warden and Maw of the Infernal because nobody will pay very much gold/AP to get them. The new merchant will only be useful if he sells monster masks people actually want like Nerienths, Molag Kena, Engine Guardian, Bloodspawn and Valkyn Skoria.

I think the monster masks will be at least 1m AP because the Akaviri chapters are already 500k, Im not sure how much gold that would translate to.

It would be cool if there were 3 weekly sets, 1x monster mask, 1x set from IC DLC and 1x set from Orsinium DLC.
    In my opinion there's really no need to add crafted sets because they're cheap/easy to get.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

If the price is indeed very high (which is subjective) it would be fair to have at least the correct weight. For example, Engine Guardian Heavy Helmet Lock-Box, giving a heavy engine guardian head with random trait (hopefully training, exploration, well-fitted excluded).

It would be pointless to sell the more unwanted monster masks such as Bogdan, Mephala, Lord Warden and Maw of the Infernal because nobody will pay very much gold/AP to get them. The new merchant will only be useful if he sells monster masks people actually want like Nerienths, Molag Kena, Engine Guardian, Bloodspawn and Valkyn Skoria.

I think the monster masks will be at least 1m AP because the Akaviri chapters are already 500k, Im not sure how much gold that would translate to.

It would be cool if there were 3 weekly sets, 1x monster mask, 1x set from IC DLC and 1x set from Orsinium DLC.
    In my opinion there's really no need to add crafted sets because they're cheap/easy to get.

Its highly questionable if they even plan to put in DLC sets. I think the purpose of the whole BoP madness we are dealing with was to prevent anybody who didnt buy DLC or sub to get these sets.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if they put it in a RNG bag....
    Options
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    if they put it in a RNG bag....

Here is my prediction:

1 dungeon set per day and you can buy the helm and the shoulder. Let's just say Molag Kena. The following are only available in Molag Kena for that day, or week, or whatever they have planned.

Option 1: Pick the set you want in the armor type you want but it only comes in 1 trait. eg. Impenetrable (most likely since it's from pvp vendors). Cost is 1,000,000 AP and 100,000 gold.

Option 2: Pick the loot bag in the armor type you want (they should give us that at least) with a random trait on it. Cost is 800,000 AP and 75,000 gold.

Similar to how the Telvar sets in IC were released.

Edited by Rust_in_Peace on December 7, 2015 3:59PM
    Options
  • bigscoothb14_ESO
    Correct me if im wrong but currently there is no way to make gold from running dungeons, with the exception of a IC jewelry set piece drop. I have the gold or AP to buy stuff from this vendor when it launches although gold keys from pledges needs to be in there as well. 10 gold keys for a helm?

BTW Hunding's Rage is a horrible idea, IC armor is a great idea! I have grinded myself sick for spell power cure and have 2 items of that set to show for it. I submit to the RNG overlord, i put together full sets of Worm Cult/Ebon/Savior gear in half the time to get only 2 spell power items(well-fitted waist/reinforced shoes).

In my opinon only adding a single helm for sale will ruin this idea. Why not put some other hard to get items in there as well? Vicious Ophidian/Infallible Mage anyone? Trial gear for sale may hurt some peoples feelings, but isnt the whole point of this vendor to be a AP/gold sink?
    Hells Bell___________________Highelf Sorc
    D-Argo______________________Orc DK
    Orici Adria__________________Breton Templar
    Primortial Erubus____________Woodelf NB
    Vortas______________________Darkelf Sorc
    Quickly-Kills-for-Skooma_____Khajiit NB
    Options
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well If you think bout it, it depends on the mount of AP it would cost to get that hunding gear. I could see it working IF it was say Heavy, all gold and any trait.

8 x Tempers (7K~) = 56k
    130 mats = ~60k?

EG if it costs 500k ap to buy, then it might be good for some people?

I'd prefer it if it was Agility bag sets / WGT drops etc

Also, GIMME a master weapon bag for apnomnomnom
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well If you think bout it, it depends on the mount of AP it would cost to get that hunding gear. I could see it working IF it was say Heavy, all gold and any trait.

8 x Tempers (7K~) = 56k
    130 mats = ~60k?

EG if it costs 500k ap to buy, then it might be good for some people?

I'd prefer it if it was Agility bag sets / WGT drops etc

Also, GIMME a master weapon bag for apnomnomnom

Will there be a way to exploit to get the items?
    Options
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is always a way.
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW Hunding's Rage is a horrible idea, IC armor is a great idea! I have grinded myself sick for spell power cure and have 2 items of that set to show for it. I submit to the RNG overlord, i put together full sets of Worm Cult/Ebon/Savior gear in half the time to get only 2 spell power items(well-fitted waist/reinforced shoes).

Don't take the Hunding's Rage mentioning too serious. I am pretty certain that @ZOS_BrianWheeler just mixed up the set names and meant some other dungeon set and not Hunding's Rage. After all his area of operation is PvP mechanics and not creating items, which is Team @Wrobel 's part...
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
    Options