The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch broke launcher

antmck2011rwb17_ESO
Well, last nights patch just broke my launcher. As soon as the patching was done I get error 209-PatchManifestError_VersionFail and have to repair.
There goes several hours with no guaranty that'll work.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the ESO executable directly and ignore the patch manifest error.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problem. Oddly enough I can run the game from the launcher, even when it says it still has a download to do. :/
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, last nights patch just broke my launcher. As soon as the patching was done I get error 209-PatchManifestError_VersionFail and have to repair.

Never repear. Disable your anty virus /if you use awast/. Close client and restart pc. This will fix it.
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i am being spammed with REPAIR. And it never fixes it no matter how many times I try to repair. I can usually log on though. These issues aren't new. It happens on and off. Its annoying though.
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    I and my wife are getting error 210 which is also a manifest error. Tried everything and nothing works. Really hoping someone "official" may join the conversation but I doubt it somehow ....
  • IlgaBeck
    IlgaBeck
    ✭✭
    My wife and I are both intermittently getting error 209 on two different PCs. Support ticket raised. No response as yet.

We are getting around it by just ignoring the error and running the ESO executable directly (thanks lordrichter).
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    Mine goes from a 209 to a 206 error (patch manifest unable to determine version, to patch manifest unable to unzip)

but it lets me click play in the launcher. and game loads up normally.

I should add that I'm currently in the super-windy area south of Lake Michigan, so internet is being spotty. Could be causing something to screw up.
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA Client no longer installed?!? Repeated ZOS_Launcher > NA Client Install > Repair » Install "Infinite Loop".

No Error 209. However I get repeated Install > Repair » Install loops for NA Client which had been installed and is now MIA!. Rebooted, same result.

Following Support instructions given several times since PC Beta, I downloaded a fresh copy of Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest. I copied the file to the appropriate place, closed the Launcher, then restarted it. The immediately previous Repair button just changed back to Install and NA Client still greyed italics indicating not installed. Sure enough, the Live Program Files (x86) for NA is empty.

Where did those previously installed files go? Not deleted by me, and nothing in the Recycle Bin.

Continuing with previous ESO Support troubleshooting instructions, I deleted the .versions file(s). Of course there were no files in the missing NA "Live" folder structure which remained empty.

Rebooted, repeated Install, several hours later (with 55MB/ps broadband), result » :sRepair.

I'm a retired IT Pro/Consultant, so am nothing if not thorough, careful, and persistent. Returning to archived ESO Support troubleshooting e-mails, next downloaded a fresh copy of Install_ESO.exe from my Account Page. Ran it with Ruan as Aministrator. When it completed, EU and PTS showed Play but NA STILL greyed with Install.

Still patient but running out of ideas.

One possible factor nto yet mentioned, Windows 10 x64 background, silent Windows Update ran. Rebooted as required -- after the then current ESO Client Install or Repair process completed. However, the problem persisted. I did a cold boot > restart.

It turns out the Windows Update was apparently a major upgrade of the Win10 x64 OS. Win 20 x64 did an in-place upgrade-install to the latest build of the OS. This took four or more hours. After signing in to Windows post-upgrade, 99% of installed programs, drives, and documents were in place and worked well or better.

The notable exception was that the ESO NA Client status was unchanged, still showing Install.

I have been unable to update the NA Client or play on NA for almost a week. PTS and EU work fine, as do my in-date ESO Add-Ons.

Tips, tricks, Help?
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • SandraOwen

I had a 210 manifest error then till yesterday morning it switched to a 209 so did the depot. fix and twenty four hours later Im still downloading fix files of which is at 23% omg all because of a patch. I am updating windows files but fear the other computer in the house has them and still has the issue.

It would be nice to get replies from tech support so you feel they at least are tying to fix something they may have inadvertently caused.
  • SandraOwen
    One of the computers here I keep just repairing to see if it works eventually cause the other option is no game for days
  • SandraOwen

Never repear. Disable your anty virus /if you use awast/. Close client and restart pc. This will fix it.

Didnt work tried that first
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time a patch drops, I get an error and it wants to repair. but if I close the launcher and re-open it, it fixes itself instantly instead of having me go thru a long repair process.

Been that way for like, a year. Maybe longer. No idea why. Don't break it more because I can work with how it is now XD
  • mzalfres
    mzalfres
    Soul Shriven
    I'm solving that quite simply - and it takes just a minute or two. Annoying anyway, but at least possible to play the game. Just exit launcher and run game installed again, pointing THE SAME location for game installation. Then it will just fix the installer somehow.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

run the launcher file directly, and as administrator
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

run the launcher file directly, and as administrator

I don't know if that'll fix his issue, but I can confirm that I get the same error constantly with every patch, and I run everything as Administrator (I double checked tonight, too).

I also never pause the downloads or installs, so it's not from .bin files recombining to finish. Unless it's segmenting itself anyways. Tonight's patch of less than 400MB turned into a short repair check plus another ~1500MB to download. I should have just tried running the raw game .exe first to see if it was really needing that repair or just "misidentifying" again.
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    Just got the same again. Every patch same thing.
  • Starwhite
    Starwhite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t know what happened ! I patched this morning and played. Now I tried to play again and ESO didn´t open the launcher. After some seconds blue screen !

I kicked ESO from my pc and tried to install new. I installed from the ESO Website, the new laucher icon ... does nothing and bluescreen ! The ESO exe from the download installed dirctX and the launcher, but nothing happens, only bluescreen, after trying to start the launcher desktop icon.

My pc is fine and no problems !

H E L P !

PS : After a new installation of win7 64bit it was possible to install ESO and play ! I used my ESO copy before the patch. Hope next start of ESO will work as well ! Hell knows why ESO killed the system ....
    Edited by Starwhite on December 1, 2015 3:00PM
    Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    Starwhite wrote: »
    I don´t know what happened ! I patched this morning and played. Now I tried to play again and ESO didn´t open the launcher. After some seconds blue screen !

I kicked ESO from my pc and tried to install new. I installed from the ESO Website, the new laucher icon ... does nothing and bluescreen ! The ESO exe from the download installed dirctX and the launcher, but nothing happens, only bluescreen, after trying to start the launcher desktop icon.

H E L P !

All I can suggest is use support.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starwhite wrote: »

Same here !

• zward887_ESO
    zward887_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, patch manifest error after yesterday's patch. I can still play the game but it is quite annoying.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the error and was able to get into the game. Second time in a row a patch broke the launcher for me. I had to completely reinstall last time.