The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Heavy Main Quest/End game/Darien Spoilers] Guess what I found!

Vrienda
Vrienda
✭✭✭✭✭
Darien is out there somewhere.

2qKgBz2.png

I just found this in a Library in Orsinium near the end of the main quest.

What could this mean? Is Darien going to be involved in a future DLC? I hope so, after he went missing at the end of the coldharbor questline I was upset that we never got to see him again. Is ZOS hinting at things to come?
Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gods! :o

Great find!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Alinon's looking for him.

jOiwAWU.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darien returns Monday Night Raw 2016... nvm

Not that he's my favorite character, but it's really nice seeing that he's not been completely forgotten.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very interesting, thanks for posting this. I hope something comes of it.

Also I guess that and Alinon's dialogue are good evidence that the Orsinium storyline takes place after the main quest - that's nice.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't wanna spoil the Darien issue so I'd hide it.
    Darien is stuck in some kind of time loop aking up same day same place every time kile in GROUNDHOG DAY.
    Hope it'd make his issue questy!
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha yep I had also found it since I literally will go through every single place with books, loot everything, etc... in new content

fZmahUf.jpg

Hopefully this is a sign of some future DLC! I know many of us had questions what happened to him.... now also it makes me wonder about the High Priestess and other possibilities they could have.. but wow awesome, Half-Life 3 conf.... I mean Darien still possibly savable confirmed!
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just posting about this (though I was being way more vague) and I'm really excited.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we know, we will all see it when we get to that point.

Most of us just didn't go "rawr, must make new thread about it" ;)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

To be fair, it made me want to talk about it, I imagine there are other players who desperately want to too, but can't find anyone who has completed the quest yet.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

To be fair, it made me want to talk about it, I imagine there are other players who desperately want to too, but can't find anyone who has completed the quest yet.

I didn't, because I was trying to avoid any hint of spoilers. People will come to it in their own time, it is not like you can miss it.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really pleases me. :smile:

Of course... in the context of the Elder Scrolls I assume the white light is Aetherius. If ths is the case and Darius passes through the Dreamsleeve... will he remember who he was?

And I haven't played any of Orsinium yet... so... I'll go away now, in case of spoiler talk. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on November 8, 2015 2:34AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get the dialogue options someone else posted as well as a special surprise visit by a certain someone (I imagine the prerequisites are at least completing the main story, not sure if you need to do silver/gold as well but I have everything done in the game so I can't tell you the prerequisites for the "special visitor with a message").

I avoid the forums when I am going through new content, then come on here to discuss afterwards. So Epona222, if you don't like it don't click the thread. It does say spoilers in the title, although in all fairness the OP should've left Darien's name out of the title (which is exactly why I avoid the forums until I 100% everything).

With that said, I'm looking forward to the next content, great job ZOS!
  • pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. I do so hope to see Darien again! Hopefully this new experience of his will stop him from flirting with all the other women and realize he needs to be with me. I mean er... My character.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leggi wrote: »
    Well, I don't wanna spoil the Darien issue so I'd hide it.
    Darien is stuck in some kind of time loop aking up same day same place every time kile in GROUNDHOG DAY.
    Hope it'd make his issue questy!

One of my favorite movies :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also get the dialogue options someone else posted as well as a special surprise visit by a certain someone (I imagine the prerequisites are at least completing the main story, not sure if you need to do silver/gold as well but I have everything done in the game so I can't tell you the prerequisites for the "special visitor with a message").

I avoid the forums when I am going through new content, then come on here to discuss afterwards. So Epona222, if you don't like it don't click the thread. It does say spoilers in the title, although in all fairness the OP should've left Darien's name out of the title (which is exactly why I avoid the forums until I 100% everything).

With that said, I'm looking forward to the next content, great job ZOS!

LOL, it's not ME who doesn't like it, I am just considerate of other players who may not have seen it.

Failing to understand what you don't get about not posting major spoilers. It's not for my benefit, it's for other people.

• ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started playing Orsinium, and it's kind of strange how characters from other alliances kind of seem to remember what you did in the veteran zones. I'm on EP and did a quest where Skordo appears, and he kind of alludes to the things that happen in Rivenspire as if you took part in it, even though all that was supposed to be a "what if" scenario brought on by Meridia. So I'd like to see some explanation about that. I know you meet Skordo, Lady Laurent, and others in Coldharbour, but the fact they refer to things that happened in their respective factions storyline is strange.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started playing Orsinium, and it's kind of strange how characters from other alliances kind of seem to remember what you did in the veteran zones. I'm on EP and did a quest where Skordo appears, and he kind of alludes to the things that happen in Rivenspire as if you took part in it, even though all that was supposed to be a "what if" scenario brought on by Meridia. So I'd like to see some explanation about that. I know you meet Skordo, Lady Laurent, and others in Coldharbour, but the fact they refer to things that happened in their respective factions storyline is strange.
    Yeah, that is always bugging me too, be it characters referring to something, or random NPCs going "hey, aren't you the one who..." when its something you did in cadwells "alternate reality" quests.
    Wish they'd change that so only your "homeland" quests cound for referral purposes...
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps its not a 'what if' but going back in time and being magically disquised like the cowl of nocturnal.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the only real solution I've arrived at regarding that issue is that, seeing as how time seems to splinter in the Elder Scrolls universe due to dragon breaks and what not, I figured as a result of doing the cadwell's gold and silver alternate reality quests, there was bleeding/spilling over between the time lines. Basically, what you do in those factions bleeds over to affect the other timelines, of that makes any sense.

Still though, the fact that there isn't any official explanation as to how all this works in game, it just feels weird and unsatisfactory.