The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Control Bug?

revonine
revonine
✭✭✭✭
This has happened a few times and I will try to explain it as best I can. It's frustrating when it does as I completely lose control of my character.

My character get's stuck in "sprint mode" where my stamina constantly drains when I move. Skills get auto cancelled if I try cast them with really strange buggy animations and sound effects.

I can't stop this and it doesn't end until I'm completely out of stamina and always happens while I'm actively fighting.
For what it's worth I'm on PS4.
Edited by revonine on November 1, 2015 8:20PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. On PC we have the bug as well. Constantly sprinting without being able to use skills and stuff. But can be solved by pressing the sprint button a few times.
    Might help maybe?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    This has happened a few times and I will try to explain it as best I can. It's frustrating when it does as I completely lose control of my character.

My character get's stuck in "sprint mode" where my stamina constantly drains when I move. Skills get auto cancelled if I try cast them with really strange buggy animations and sound effects.

I can't stop this and it doesn't end until I'm completely out of stamina and always happens while I'm actively fighting.
    For what it's worth I'm on PS4.

Has happened to me too. I believe that's lag
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll that try it the next time it happens. Cheers for the solution!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    find the nearest cliff and press spacebar to make sure you are high enough to die...

LOL....

When this happens to me it is usually not a game flaw but a keyboard flaw where the button got stuck.. lol..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Its not lag it is a bug. There are several topics about this but ive never seen any response from devs anyway.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227940/locked-in-run-mode#latest
    Edited by Ganj on November 2, 2015 10:07AM
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I get this all the time XBOXONE.

I didn't know it was related to sprinting, but the only way I can describe it is being in a safe zone in Imperial City. You can't use any abilities as they instantly cancel. I normally just wait till its over (Usually means death if in a fight).

If depleting stamina is the only way to fix it, might as well die anyway. One CC would end the fight.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skills stop working is a very common bug. Just have to wait it out. Never had stuck in sprint, must be console related.
    PC EU
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    If I play for an hour, it will have about 5 times. Painfully common. I am an Australian playing on the NA server, so some lag is expected. I wonder if its related to having bad ping.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's happened to me again a few times since I made this thread and what @Wollust suggested (pressing sprint a few times) seems to get rid of it. It's still annoying though and can cost you during heated fights makes it so your a free kill :/
    Edited by revonine on November 5, 2015 3:42PM