The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Any sign of life from the PvP team?

Legedric
Legedric
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

I want to keep it short today, so I just ask for it: Can we please get a sign of life from the PvP team Brian Wheeler is leading?

Last useful stuff exceeding more than 4-5 lines repeating performance fix phrases we heard from you was back in June 2015 introducing new campaign rulsets that most of us think were nonsense and didn't affect anything after all.

The Imperial City introduced nothing PvP related and neither will Orsinium do (no, the motif is surely Item team work).

So what have you been busy with since June?
What are you preparing for PvP (if anything)?
Why are you so silent in the Alliance War forums?
(FYI: You may find it here just in case you missed it)
Why don't you provide some updates about current hot topics?
Why should us PvP players still hope for better times after we've seen nothing meaningful/useful since release being added to PvP?
(Just a question why I should still stick to the game, not wanting to be offensive here)

Oh and why do @ZOS_BrianWheeler postings not show up on the Dev Tracker just like @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_GinaBruno do?

Looking forward to at least "something",

Legedric
Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, they all got ganked by a Dominion nightblade while farming Tel Var stones.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »
    Oh and why do @ZOS_BrianWheeler postings not show up on the Dev Tracker just like @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_GinaBruno do?

Because Mr. Wheeler dark cloaked the dev tracker :wink:
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do You expect from a pvp team that denied for monthes the forever in combat bug until it happened to them during a stream ?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they arent ready to talk yet.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    What do You expect from a pvp team that denied for monthes the forever in combat bug until it happened to them during a stream ?

LOL thats so funny XDDDDDDDDDDDD
    PC EU

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about the charge stuck bug? Yep, same thing...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    What about NO? They better will make another pve zone, than add something new to pvp.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    What about the charge stuck bug? Yep, same thing...

I know it's hard to understand for some, but these are for sure issues to be resolved by Eric Wrobel and his not-existing-at-all-on-the-forums Combat Team.
    So that's not what I expect a PvP team to fix, although of course they should poke the Combat Team on a daily basis as it's their (the PvP) part that's most affected by it.
    What about NO? They better will make another pve zone, than add something new to pvp.

I don't want to get something like right now, I just want to know if they still exist and if there is hope left or I should move on already. PvE had multiple additions (Craglorn, Trials, Dungeons, Sets, Imperial City, Orsinium) since release, PvP had none until now.

• Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to get something like right now, I just want to know if they still exist and if there is hope left or I should move on already. PvE had multiple additions (Craglorn, Trials, Dungeons, Sets, Imperial City, Orsinium) since release, PvP had none until now.

And there will be Vvardenfell, caves, delves, mines, Winterhold, teleports, kill-mob-in-instant glyphs etc. And for PvP they will add new guild tabards in 2026.
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭

And there will be Vvardenfell, caves, delves, mines, Winterhold, teleports, kill-mob-in-instant glyphs etc. And for PvP they will add new guild tabards in 2026.

well there's something to look forward to, great topic closed...

Introducing new Forward Camps might be interesting and exciting, like they said a long time ago.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New "Road Ahead" coming soon(tm), don't worry :trollface:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭

maybe by then you will have managed to kill somebody at the ad sewer base :D
    Edited by G0ku on October 21, 2015 11:03AM
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    New "Road Ahead" coming soon(tm), don't worry :trollface:

that's just evil
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skiserony wrote: »
    Introducing new Forward Camps might be interesting and exciting, like they said a long time ago.

Oh yeah, they kept telling us for months they are working on bringing back forward camps until the whole team around @ZOS_BrianWheeler went underground to hide from the angry crowd...

• Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is there evidence that a PVP team exists?

That there is someone who is a Lead PVP Designer is not evidence that there is a team for pvp.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    Where is there evidence that a PVP team exists?

That there is someone who is a Lead PVP Designer is not evidence that there is a team for pvp.

Well, obviously there is no evidence at all for ZOS employing even a single person caring about PvP anymore... :'(

• Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Awhile back, Brian had talked about adding in mini games of sorts within Cyrodiil. More objectives perhaps? They even juggled the idea of adding more scrolls to play around with.

Having heard anything of it in several months though.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_BrianWheeler finally posted some more stuff here, here and there but that's all stuff for "the patch after Orsinium", so now word about what they did the past couple of months and what exactly they are working on right now...

Well, better than nothing, right?

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reality may be setting in... that their 'vision' for PvP in ESO only works if enough people want to PvP. I think, statistically speaking, they probably discovered that in reality, the majority of players are playing and preferring PvE while completely ignoring PvP altogether. They have the datamining capability to see how many players actively play PvP and how much time overall they do it... and if those numbers aren't there, they aren't going to devote resources to a minority player base. They may throw them a bone here and there, but I think they're discovering that the PvP population is underwhelming in ESO.

I think it's pretty bad when a game has an initial "vision" but even when reality demonstrates that that vision is not what the players want, the devs stick with that same vision while driving the game further into the ground. A game needs to be developed fluidly, shifting with what the overall population wants- instead of remaining devout to a vision that is no longer economically feasible given the demands of the majority player base. DCUO tried this, they tried staying true to their initial vision of a game with players in leagues, running group content and that rigidity for trying to force players to go this route was a major reason so many left.

A "vision" is a great starting point, but should also be open to change as actual game reality, not the outdated hopes and dreams of the devs, become apparent.
    Edited by ADarklore on October 27, 2015 12:28PM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this thread, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226162/where-are-the-pvp-devs/p2

Might have to scroll down to find life.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on October 27, 2015 12:47PM
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think the reality may be setting in... that their 'vision' for PvP in ESO only works if enough people want to PvP. I think, statistically speaking, they probably discovered that in reality, the majority of players are playing and preferring PvE while completely ignoring PvP altogether. They have the datamining capability to see how many players actively play PvP and how much time overall they do it... and if those numbers aren't there, they aren't going to devote resources to a minority player base. They may throw them a bone here and there, but I think they're discovering that the PvP population is underwhelming in ESO.

I think it's pretty bad when a game has an initial "vision" but even when reality demonstrates that that vision is not what the players want, the devs stick with that same vision while driving the game further into the ground. A game needs to be developed fluidly, shifting with what the overall population wants- instead of remaining devout to a vision that is no longer economically feasible given the demands of the majority player base. DCUO tried this, they tried staying true to their initial vision of a game with players in leagues, running group content and that rigidity for trying to force players to go this route was a major reason so many left.

A "vision" is a great starting point, but should also be open to change as actual game reality, not the outdated hopes and dreams of the devs, become apparent.

I think you are missing the important part. Less people playing pvp just because its much less appealing. Its sad that people joining ESO after b2p wont witness the glory of pvp that it used to be. Hours long sieges with hundreds of players all with less technical problems that we see durin nowadays "battles". 20vs 20 becoming russian roulette - will we lag or not?

Ahh remember one of those true battles - it took us 3 h of constant intense fight to get the keep. Now without fc's with diminished population ... well you know.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there were also factors that enabled outnumbered groups to stay in the battle much longer - un purgeable oilcat snares, purge triggering wall of element explosions, siege that could actually kill stuff...

however ridiculous ground oil looked, it made stacking on crown a balanced risk/reward scenario, as opposed to the reward/reward that reduces most current battles to "bigger zerg rush wins"
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    there were also factors that enabled outnumbered groups to stay in the battle much longer - un purgeable oilcat snares, purge triggering wall of element explosions, siege that could actually kill stuff...

however ridiculous ground oil looked, it made stacking on crown a balanced risk/reward scenario, as opposed to the reward/reward that reduces most current battles to "bigger zerg rush wins"

Agree. Removing fc, mrecenaries ground oils without giving any alternatives simply made zerging only viable option for objective capturing.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously they are still working, what goes through people's head when they genuinely think they will be updated all the time lol? I mean you noticed his post arent listed in the dev tracker? Its time to go outside, get a hobby, something lol
    Edited by Snowgoons on October 27, 2015 1:24PM
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

That's the thing though, we used to have full campaigns with queue times taking up to an hour and this was on DC the least populated PvP faction(EU) ever since the lighting patch performance has gotten worse and worse in Cyrodiil and with the current meta the game can become completely unplayable at times. I only do PvP and even i have stopped playing as much and have just been hoping for a fix. The players are not there anymore because ZoS has completely ignored the PvP community.

Look at our so called PvP update, the one update we PvP players have gotten since release and what do we get? A PvE zone with PvP enabled and zero PvP objectives. It's really little wonder why so many PvP players have stopped playing. It's become a joke.
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is that with PVE there becomes a time you complete all content. PVP is never the same twice and is so much more exciting.

They should be introducing unique gears to reward of the worthy and for campaign wins that you can only acquire in PVP. At least give us helms/shoulder in campaign rewards or to buy with AP in random bags for like 100k.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    Obviously they are still working, what goes through people's head when they genuinely think they will be updated all the time lol? I mean you noticed his post arent listed in the dev tracker? Its time to go outside, get a hobby, something lol

We didn't get ANYTHING from the PvP team for months. So noone is asking for updates for every step they take but more like at least something.