The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Idea on how to improve PVP on NA PC.

IxSTALKERxI
IxSTALKERxI
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
- Fix the FPS drops in large fights caused by addons. (Not sure who is at fault here, but it seems even up to date addons can cause fps drops.)

- Further increase population caps by another 20-30%.

-Get rid of buff campaigns.

CP30hap.jpg

I'm no expert or anything, but wouldn't this help solve the 'buff campaign' problem and help recreate a fun AVA experience across all campaigns? That picture is from prime time on a saturday night. These numbers drop to be 1 bar with the exception of Azura's Star which maintains a healthy 2 bar minimum which help prevents things such as night caps.

Discuss.

Edit:

Here are the populations at night for those interested.
gNlkKWf.jpg
Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 27, 2015 10:55AM
NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically this, as far as campaigns go.
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds really good. And that picture perfectly balances out the pops.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Uncle Sheo
    Uncle Sheo
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!!
    NA - PC
    AD Uncle Shèo - Magicka DK
    EP Uncle Sheö - Magicka Sorc

RAGE - RIP
  • Jeuynh
    Jeuynh
    ✭✭
    I agree!
    Jeuynh
    AD V16 Nightblade
    RÁGE Core | Venatus Member
    PC | NA | Aldmeri Dominion

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It would also help during non 'peak' times when so many players are spread between the current six campaigns and finding decent pvp is nigh impossible.
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    QdCoAfL.jpg
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    But, but, there's no "zoslogic" it makes too much sense... I refuse to support this great idea.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't solve any of the problems I encounter in the IC. AD and EP zergs will still terrorize DC in the sewers and obstruct us from grinding freely. There really needs to be a campaign with PVP turned off in the IC.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This doesn't solve any of the problems I encounter in the IC. AD and EP zergs will still terrorize DC in the sewers and obstruct us from grinding freely. There really needs to be a campaign with PVP turned off in the IC.

I don't think it was ever intended for people to 'grind freely' with no risk in IC. I believe Zos are already looking into ways to discourage zerging in IC which is a separate issue. Also, on gated campaigns there is a chance you will be able to roam IC with less enemies if your faction does well in PVP.

The changes listed in this thread are more aimed towards bringing life back into cyrodiil such as more open field encounters, alessia bridge fights etc.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 27, 2015 6:23AM
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OP, you are displaying dangerous amounts of Logic™, that's generally frowned upon in these parts.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found that on a map dominated by one faction it's actually easier to grind mobs on the opposite side of the sewers.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about an instanced campaign, just for you and your friends? That way, no one is killing your mobs! After all, you paid for this DLC. There shouldn't be any single thing that prevents you from enjoying it as much as possible.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »

How about an instanced campaign, just for you and your friends? That way, no one is killing your mobs! After all, you paid for this DLC. There shouldn't be any single thing that prevents you from enjoying it as much as possible.

LOLOLOL!
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

• Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I am in support of this idea.
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much yes in this thread.
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep 100%
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could settle for closing one, that new one they just opened. What are the queues looking like for the locked ones?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    I could settle for closing one, that new one they just opened. What are the queues looking like for the locked ones?

No queue on Azura for AD. Maybe goes up to like 3 sometimes. No idea about the other factions though, I would like to know the same thing.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No queue on Azura for AD. Maybe goes up to like 3 sometimes. No idea about the other factions though, I would like to know the same thing.

I think it's more of an issue for EP, as they've got the most numbers. I'm just worried that by closing 2, we drastically increase the queues and I'd rather have a medium filled campaign than make people wait in queues all night to get some PvP.

Really good stuff though and I hope they listen. :)
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it's more of an issue for EP, as they've got the most numbers. I'm just worried that by closing 2, we drastically increase the queues and I'd rather have a medium filled campaign than make people wait in queues all night to get some PvP.

Really good stuff though and I hope they listen. :)

Yeah I was thinking if they were to increase the cap by another 20% that it might not be an issue. I reckon this patch can handle a few more people in cyrodiil from what I've seen. I guess the devs are the only ones with the numbers and who know for sure about these things. :/
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice. I was hoping that ZOS was going to gate Azura's when the campaign ends in a few days. It really needs to be gated and completely reset. They also need to remove jumping to campaigns entirely and campaign guesting so the same zerg will be locked off the rest of the campaigns instead of destroying all of them as they have done since the patch.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot on.

I wouldn't even mind seeing a single IC only campaign that didn't include Cyrodiil proper. You can queue for it or take your chances in a gated campaign.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only @ZOS_RichLambert would lurk here.... I haven't seen a /lurk on the alliance war forum in far too long now. I would ask for @ZOS_BrianWheeler to show up too, but I feel like Rich has the final decision when it comes to DLC access.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DC que can hit up to the 20s if another guild is in azura with us. If not, its like 1-2 or none at all.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread seems to me mostly full on sensible suggestions that could improve the lackluster pvp in ESO. Definitely expect none of it to happen though, lol.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with this so much, I wish ZoS would consider this :(.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Signed.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

Azura will usually get pop locked, but there is nothing wrong with that because there are other campaigns! People complain about campaigns having massive ques and dont even consider the fact that there are other campaigns you can join without larger ques.

Over great idea, great visuals, great post.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigTone wrote: »

Azura will usually get pop locked, but there is nothing wrong with that because there are other campaigns! People complain about campaigns having massive ques and dont even consider the fact that there are other campaigns you can join without larger ques.

Over great idea, great visuals, great post.

OK, what about PVP do you not understand? It is not a solo-friendly activity. One usually is with friends or guild. IF the guild runs on a specific campaign, you queue for THAT campaign. It is not something that you can be in a group and be on different campaigns. It doesn't matter if the other campaigns are empty if your guild is homed on the only poplocked campaign...that is the one that you join.