The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best spots for farming alchemy mats?

iCanFeelAHotOne
iCanFeelAHotOne
Soul Shriven
Taking too long for me to get my alchemy up! Any tips to good farming areas would me much appreciated.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think in and around the City in Coldharbour
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, Hollow City is #1 for harvesting plants. Especially when you leave the town, there are spots right outside the gates with 6-8 plant spawns within a few steps. Around the lake in town you can get loads of nirnroots for crafting writs.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • bigbabyleonb16_ESO
    Hollow city, right gate from the main entrance there will be around 3-6 plants pick them and walk away by the stairs then walk back and the plants will be re-spawned.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many good spots. Invest in keen eye, you can always respec out later. Hollow city is good and easy. Alik'r Sentinel by the zombies. Bal Foyen. Many other areas as well. Keen eye helps so much though when you are looking to stock up or level up.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone 1, and to a certain extent Zone 2 are the hardest to farm anything. Everyone is broke and they farm because of it. As you reach higher levels, less farmers, more nodes for you. However, Starter Islands can be good to farm.

For Alchemy Ingredients, Keen Eye is pretty much needed so you can see them from a distance. Most plants you need to be almost on top of to see, or at least close.

I also find it better for me to just farm as I go from one place to another, some like to have routes they follow and dedicate time to farm.

Also, for leveling Alchemy, use Mushrooms (found near rocks, trees, walls and in caves) as the potions they make have negative effects. Save the flowers for the beneficial potions for your characters.Namira's Rot is a mushroom that is beneficial, so don't use that one up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big shout out to @Royal_Kitsune for this information.
    These are some of the most Material Efficent crafting recipies i can think of without using some of the (in my opinion) rarer or more useful at max level ie: the ones used in tripots.

Stinkhorn & Violet Caprinus
    Blue Entoloma & White Cap
    Emetic Russula & Violet Caprinus
    Blue Entoloma & Emetic Russula
    Emetic Russula & White Cap
    Blue Enteloma & Violet Caprinus
    Emetic Russula & Stinkhorn
    Imp Stool & Luminous Russula
    Emetic Russula & Imp Stool
    Imp Stool & Stinkhorn

These combinations are based on effects of the materials as well as general ease and quanity of avalibility.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • iCanFeelAHotOne
    iCanFeelAHotOne
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the tips! Anyone know anywhere to specifically get dragonthorn?
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips! Anyone know anywhere to specifically get dragonthorn?

In fields. I've picked Dragonthorn in several different places and can agree that it blends in a little bit too well! My first toon has points in the passive to highlight mats, and I find it well enough. My second toon does not, and I only pick it when I stumble across it.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."