The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting xp gains(stolen items)

qpviper1qp
qpviper1qp
✭✭
Did they nerf the xp gains that were gained from deconstructing stolen items or is it glitched? I was going to power level an alt today and i broke down 20 or more items at or above my level and the bar didn't move at all. It would just glow. Just wondering. If it was nerfed, was it really necessary?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd.. someone else mentioned this today

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/218993/no-inspiration-from-stolen-items#latest

Might want to chat with them? Find out if you're on the same platform and whatnot?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qpviper1qp wrote: »
    Did they nerf the xp gains that were gained from deconstructing stolen items or is it glitched? I was going to power level an alt today and i broke down 20 or more items at or above my level and the bar didn't move at all. It would just glow. Just wondering. If it was nerfed, was it really necessary?
    If it was something you could easily use to power-level an alt, then yeah, a nerf probably was necessary. Having said that, are you talking about stolen items with a gold value, or stolen items with no gold value (ie. ones that come from containers rather than from weapon racks etc)? The ones with no gold value always gave you virtually no inspiration and only a miniscule chance of getting any mats from deconstructing them.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    No gold value. I did this with my main back when i was in the rift. I used to make my rounds stealing and deconstructing the weapons off the weapon racks. It was a decent way to level it up. It was a bit time consuming but it did work.

I will check that thread out. Thanks @MissBizz.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white stuff that comes out of containers was never worth the trouble.

The best way to power level an alt is to have your crafter craft stuff for them to decon.
    The Moot Councillor
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    @AlnilamE Does that work to give an alt stuff to decon with another character of yours? If so, thanks for the info. Did not know that.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that this is a valid nerf working as intended. I power leveled my crafting on my main using this method with little work. I could smell the nerf cooking a couple months ago
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Items with no value tend to give almost nothing when deconstructed. That being said try deconstructing only items with value.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No gold value. I did this with my main back when i was in the rift. I used to make my rounds stealing and deconstructing the weapons off the weapon racks. It was a decent way to level it up. It was a bit time consuming but it did work.

That's your problem then. The items with no gold value never gave more than a token amount of inspiration for deconstructing them. Are you getting items with no gold value off the weapon racks though? Those used to be items with no gold value until the justice system was introduced, and then those all became stolen items with a gold value (and that gave normal amounts of inspiration for deconstructing). Are they back to being items with no gold value? Perhaps a change in the tables for stolen gear is the real culprit here.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

That's your problem then. The items with no gold value never gave more than a token amount of inspiration for deconstructing them. Are you getting items with no gold value off the weapon racks though? Those used to be items with no gold value until the justice system was introduced, and then those all became stolen items with a gold value (and that gave normal amounts of inspiration for deconstructing). Are they back to being items with no gold value? Perhaps a change in the tables for stolen gear is the real culprit here.

I get mixed items from racks and stuff.

No value for whites pretty much ever that I can remember on stolen items... can't remember seeing a valued white equipment item from stealing or random world placement... and yeah inspiration was bad.

Green + have value/ normal inspiration.

This is not just stolen stuff, but random items in the world... sword stuck through a skeleton in the woods or IC sewers etc. I always pick it up, and keep if green or better... and I trash white stuff that isn't clothing.

I got a purple random 2 hander off of an axe stuck in a tree stump this weekend... even got a gold dagger off of a rack in Wayrest once on PC just before transfer.

The system generating the gear isn't just for stolen items. Some of it is risk-free dungeon/delve clutter and set dressing. So they may have cut back the inspiration again on the zero value stuff because you can get it by the truckload for free with no stolen item risk if you look around.

• Psych32
    Psych32
    I used this method cause I was having trouble finding people who wanted to trade low level heavy armor and most of my friends and guild stoped playing the game regularly so I couldnt trade with them. I think it was a mistake having your experince depend on other people
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psych32 wrote: »
    I used this method cause I was having trouble finding people who wanted to trade low level heavy armor and most of my friends and guild stoped playing the game regularly so I couldnt trade with them. I think it was a mistake having your experince depend on other people

It doesn't depend on other people.

You can deconstruct monster drops and quest rewards. Hell, you can even level by crafting items....There are tons of ways to level with.. not just trading crafted items between players.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlnilamE Does that work to give an alt stuff to decon with another character of yours? If so, thanks for the info. Did not know that.

Yes. Because the item says "Crafted by Zenilda Hlaalu" rather than "crafted by AlnilamE", so it gets the IP bonus. I leveled most of my alts to level 32 in the equipment crafts that way. Make a bunch of stuff. Fill up bank. Move to alt and decon.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the item has no value then you don't get anything from it I believe.

For example: Items you can loot in Coldharbor/Hollowed City & Cyrodiil/Bases have no value to it, so you don't get any materials when you deconstruct it.