The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

glass armour

aenaerion
aenaerion
Anyone know how many fragments there is to make glass armour?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to post this.

How does it work?

Saved some writ reward crates up and opened them today, got a fragment.

Now what? Do 10 make the entire motif?
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    you can get fragments from the Blacksmithing, woodworking or clothing writs. drop rate is about 10%. after you collect 10 of them (they are not numbered, there is only one fragment type, unlike the psijic ambrosia), you buy an item from a Mystic Store that costs 10k. Using that item, will consume it and 10 fragments to produce a random page (14 pages total). there is also a very very very low chance of getting the whole book.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prices are insane for the fragments.

250k?

Do people realise you need 140?

35 mil to make a style?

Pure insanity
  • Championofold
    I want the armour but daily writs on 2 players should get the pages quick enough
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    14 pages * 10 fragments = 140 fragments

On EU, price going slowly to 22k / frag = 3M for whole thing.
    But buying pages directly is also bit less expensive, you can find some pages ~ 150k. so it's more 2.5M for now.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    well, 140 fragments if you are lucky in not getting any repeated ones. here's my strategy so far

- first get fragments and do your own pages. this is maybe a bit more expensive, but you'll get a better chance to get the more expensive ones (chests, legs, shields, swords and staves) before getting duplicates. these mostly range from 180 up to 500k. cheaper ones go from 130-180
    - when you get more than 50% done, you should consider instead in starting buying the motifs instead (I gambled a bit, and my first repeat was when I was at 10/14)
    - if you wanna keep trying to do pages, friend someone else that also misses more patterns than you, and arrange some kind of deal with them. That way will save you time and hassle from finding ppl to sell any repeated motifs you might get. Also, just buy cheaper fragments to minimize cash loss.
  • LordMcSwagger
    I don't suppose you can get it in the crown store?
    Guild Master: Black Lotus
    Lord McSwagger VR16: Templar Healer
    Anne Ihilation VR16: Mage Blade
    Declan Stachenshield VR4: Sorcer
    Isabelle Stonecaller VR3: Magicka Dragon Knight
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    you will be able to, rumours I heard said that it would be released after a month of IC launch or so =)
  • Mr5had0w
    Mr5had0w
    Will the new armor styles including glass be available at the crown store?? I no the exp potion isnt available and really dont want to go through all the work if i can just buy it. Is the other armor also in fragments like glass?
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    Mr5had0w wrote: »
    Will the new armor styles including glass be available at the crown store?? I no the exp potion isnt available and really dont want to go through all the work if i can just buy it. Is the other armor also in fragments like glass?

They almost certainly will, both glass and xivkyn. The xivkyn only drops as full pages from chests in IC
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    you can get fragments from the Blacksmithing, woodworking or clothing writs. Drop rate is about 10%. After you collect 10 of them [Fragments] (they are not numbered, there is only one fragment type, unlike the psijic ambrosia), you buy an item from a Mystic Store that costs 10k. Using that item, will consume it and 10 fragments to produce a random page (14 pages total). there is also a very very very low chance of getting the whole book.

Right, so if I follow:
    1. Perform daily clothing, woodworking, blacksmithing writs.

Assuming you have the voidstone ingots, sanded voidwood, and voidcloth supplies lieing around or buy them, and assuming you are level 50 in all three crafting jobs and assuming you have points into all skills to do top crafting... you still need to have enough inventory / bank spots to store the following - or build it upon request:

Restro staves, Flame Staves, Lightning Staves, Ice Staves, Shields and Bows (6 spots)
    Robes, Breeches, Epulets, shoes, hats, sashes, helmets, arm cops and bracers (9 spots)
    swords, curasses, greaves, great swords, sabatons, guantlets, helms, daggers and pauldrons (9 spots)

Now with those 24 spots in your inventory sucked up (or building it on the fly)... you are ready to go.

So every 10 days with 1 toon you get a hit... if doing a single craft... or every 3 days you get a hit lets say, if doing all (rounding)

If you have 3 toons doing all 3 (cause your wealthy and have massive resources) you could even get a hit every day! After 10 days of the above, with our 3 toons at VR level, who we are super prepped with resources and each has 24 spaces of reserve inventory space for - boom, we are generating 1 Fragement on Average. Brilliant.

2. Now, we take our 10 Fragments - which we also had to store somewhere, and we go buy a $10K cost item from the Mystic to merge them all together, and we hope like hell this agony is over and we get the whole darn book!!!! Nope, you only get 1 of 14 total pages... damn... try again.

3. Fine, we learn the page in question with one of our toons... <sigh> and we start the process once again.

4. Now... on the next attempt, let's call it 10-day cycle number 2+... we start hoping and praying that we do not unlock another RNG roll of the same darn page we already unlocked! Hah... wouldn't that be a pisser? And if we do, what's that value or who can we trade it too??? And that only prolongs the process if we can't trade it one for one...

5. If we NEVER get lucky enough to get the full book RNG roll, and we somehow MANAGE to only RNG roll the pages we actually need each time on all 14 - OR we trade all our duplicates for those we need, cause folks are uber nice in ESO community and saving their duplicates for other folks in need - Sweet - then we are only looking at about 140 days of this madness to learn the full book!! Woot!!! At 30 days in a month... that's what... LOL... 5+ months assuming we don't miss, or run out of resources or cash???

6. So as the farming and purchasing of resources become very real... We also must manage to also save up our $140K to the mystic over the next 140 days as we continue to find our every ~10 days worth of enough fragements to unlock another page because don't forget, Mystic has to have his piece of the pie!

** At what point do you say... why? Why am I doing this? For some new armor LOOK? Screw it!!!!! **

For this guy... The 'effort' for Psijic Ambrosia was already pretty dumb, but manageable because you could build 4:1 recipes from supplies and the 6 item slots the stuff took to sit in your inventory didn't take much space, once you finally hit that spot where you could do daily writs, it was just a waiting game as you could ampily make enough whatever... to wait it out...

This glass and xivkyn armor game took "dumb" to a whole new level... just sayin.

Maybe I'm just missing something... but if not, perhaps somebody can do the Elder-Math to determine the massive ever scrolling waste of time on achieving either of these new armors.

Here's hoping I have something wrong... and there is an easier way.

Cheers,
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    there will be an easier way... the crown store, it will be available there eventually. but yes... its insanity taken to the next level (whatever that might be)