The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

'Light from the Darkness' bug - with video - Potential spoiler! [FIXED]

Hyssia
Hyssia
✭✭✭
This issue was fixed in patch 2.1.9 (https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3oha91/news_eso_219_patch_notes_readable/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIoddfq3Ek&feature=youtu.be

basically the crystal prisms reset themselves every 5 seconds or so. ZoS has ignored my tickets for almost a week :smile:

Please note that I've done this quest more than 7 times on other characters. Definitely not my first time :neutral:

Things I've tried to do:
Abandon the quest and retry
Abandon the quest, leave the dungeon, retry
Abandon the quest, leave the dungeon, log out, retry
Abandon the quest, leave the dungeon, leave Coldharbour, log out, retry
Abandon the quest, leave the dungeon, leave Coldharbour, log out for 8+ hours, retry
Send a support ticket to ZoS (Ticket was discarded because of the IC update, apparently too many people spamming tickets about different things)
Google my a** off, searching most forums, etc. - only found one similar case, and said person said it simply just worked next day. (No source link, sorry guys)

If there's anyone who's ever encountered this, please leave a reply so we can see how wide this problem actually is :smile:

You can bypass this glitch by running back and fourth between the crystals, the progress with the 3rd, 4th, 5th (and so on..) will be saved, it's only the 2nd crystal that resets. It will take some time to complete it, but I guess it's better than waiting 3-4 weeks for Zenimax to fix it.

Clyde Staskunas @youtube has found a foolproof way to bypass.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WhgOKDohQ
Edited by Hyssia on October 12, 2015 8:37PM
  • Mwatz75ub17_ESO
    Mwatz75ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yup thats exactly what happened to me!
    It was still doing it when I finished it too, I dont know how but it took forever and was lucky.
    I did same thing. I spun the crystal till it reached next one and it would disapear.
    Go back to begining and then sprint/roll to the furthest crystal and pray I rotated it enough to reach next one.
    Some how luckily I got them all to connect and destroy the reciever.
    It took me like 2 hours.

It really did not fix itself. I think after the 2 hours I thoght I was doing it wrong and they changed it and it was supposed to be like that and I was just really slow.

Anyways maybe keep at it till ya can do it... I was impatient because I know how tech service is. Infact I go email from my ticket and it told me to write a forum post about it! Obvioulsy I already did!

Evidently it is a rare bug and has been no official response to it, Unlike the Entropy bug last patch..

goodluck!

• Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    Yup thats exactly what happened to me!
    It was still doing it when I finished it too, I dont know how but it took forever and was lucky.
    I did same thing. I spun the crystal till it reached next one and it would disapear.
    Go back to begining and then sprint/roll to the furthest crystal and pray I rotated it enough to reach next one.
    Some how luckily I got them all to connect and destroy the reciever.
    It took me like 2 hours.

It really did not fix itself. I think after the 2 hours I thoght I was doing it wrong and they changed it and it was supposed to be like that and I was just really slow.

Anyways maybe keep at it till ya can do it... I was impatient because I know how tech service is. Infact I go email from my ticket and it told me to write a forum post about it! Obvioulsy I already did!

Evidently it is a rare bug and has been no official response to it, Unlike the Entropy bug last patch..

goodluck!

Managed to complete it yesterday by randomly pressing the prisms until they magically connected to the Ebon crystals. Don't know what advice I can give to people who manage to encounter this bug, but I hope Zenimax has found out and are working on it. Pretty crucial when it's a bugged mainquest, I've met several people who are stuck on this quest now. All I can do is send them to this topic, I guess.
  • Jonhorrill
    Jonhorrill
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue.
    It's almost impossible. Guess I'll Just keep randomly hitting them crystals!
  • Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    Jonhorrill wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue.
    It's almost impossible. Guess I'll Just keep randomly hitting them crystals!

Hope you made it work =)
  • animefury2201ub17_ESO
    animefury2201ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. I have MULTIPLE crystals resetting. It has gotten to the point where there is literally not enough time to hit the crystals to get them to align. I'm about to give up on this game already between the CP power gap, bugs, and lack of new PvE content.
  • NewPaladin
    NewPaladin
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here as of 9/24 with the most recent updates applied. I have found no work around yet.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    me to cant do this quest still buged.
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So… I just did this quest and was quite frustrated, thinking I had the same issue mentioned here, until I noticed something… The movement of the crystal is NOT complete when it prompts you to rotate again. So what it turns out was happening in my case is I would rotate a crystal, say, 3 times to align it to the next space, but actually it only needed 1 or 2 rotations, and after it properly aligned it would keep rotating because I'd told it to do so three times.

What I had to do in order to make this quest work is wait after EACH rotation for about another 5 seconds before pressing the button again to rotate it another notch. There's a kind of glow extending in the direction it's pointing, so when that glow stops moving for a few seconds, you know you're clear for the next rotation.

Try that and see if it works. If, as I suspect, it does, then the bug isn't that the crystals are resetting… the bug is that the prompt to rotate the crystal appears well before the previous rotation has actually finished.
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    Yep the above poster is correct. Was havin the exact same issue and then realised there is a 2-3 second delay after turning them.
  • Helluh
    Helluh
    The main problem with this quest right now is that the beam animations are broken thus you can't see when the beam is fully aligned with the opposite crystal. It's guesswork, when the glow goes towards that direction it's still in the process of moving, I've had guild members in there helping people complete this quest since ZoS broke it.
    Ebonheart Pact Underlanders
    V16 Nightblade-Helluh
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even dynar himself said you had a beter chance to fail then succeed so we got that going for us...
    had the same issue thats how i ended up here. was really annoying. but at least you can try to skip some pillars that reset. if they would all reset it would have been imposseble
    Edited by Artjuh90 on October 29, 2015 12:14AM
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    8 second delay on beams
  • Mandragorane
    Mandragorane
    ✭✭
    What an annoying quest, you need an empath to finish it and a good cup of tea to wait out the time...need to wait each time until the crystals might be doing "something"...