The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Population increased slightly in Campaigns US/EU PC/Mac

ZOS_BrianWheeler
ZOS_BrianWheeler
PvP & Combat Lead
Based on queue and population numbers we have opted to increase the population caps slightly on Campaigns in the US/EU on PC/Mac to help relieve some of the queue pressure. Our current suite of Campaigns on the EU and US will remain as is for the time being.
Wheeler
ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
Staff Post
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! Glad to hear you are listening. I hope you continue to monitor and increase if necessary.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a rule that says that we cannot know what the actual population cap is?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    This is very welcome news, Ty Brian.
    Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the first great news i've heard in a long time, thank you.
    :]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Brian.

I'm still dreaming of the day we have one Cyrodiil with the entire population in it. Real war...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome.

So why are the queue wait times even longer than they were before the cap was increased?

More people trying to join because they assumed they'll actually be able to get in now?

Had guildies last night sit in queue for over 30 minutes...on a weeknight.

And if the jump fails, (ESO crash, whatever, exit dungeon etc), you get to queue up all over again.

W T F ?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not going to be as fun/active as it used to be... They really need to figure out how to get a stable game with the population they allowed at release.

It can be done as seeing the stuff come out for Camelot Unchained in a next gen mmo is very promising.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a rule that says that we cannot know what the actual population cap is?
    Guessing yes by way of not getting answers to such in the past (ZOS style of saying No = no response).

It would be interesting to know, but also glad to keep official numbers from ZOS secret and out of the hands of media looking to mfg. a doom and gloom story.

I thought some info was shared a while ago that would allow us as players to estimate pretty damn close, but cannot recall the source.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Guessing yes by way of not getting answers to such in the past (ZOS style of saying No = no response).

It would be interesting to know, but also glad to keep official numbers from ZOS secret and out of the hands of media looking to mfg. a doom and gloom story.

I thought some info was shared a while ago that would allow us as players to estimate pretty damn close, but cannot recall the source.

I mainly want to know so that I can have a feel for what "slightly" means. :smile:
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »

I mainly want to know so that I can have a feel for what "slightly" means. :smile:

Well I can tell you what they were at launch, because that actually used to be on the website in the knowledge base. after the b2p went live it was changed and the original numbers were removed (they never updated the post when they lowered the cap). But yeah, they were willing to tell everybody at launch, so why not now?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would love to know what the actual numbers for each campaign is, or at least a reason why we are no longer privy to that information.

I would love to see Cyrodiil back to the state it used to be at, including deer and torchbugs, it feels so empty most of the time now (even before IC release made it a wasteland).
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Taresgos
    Taresgos
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah, i would prefer return the deers instead of population increase. miss them :/
    Grand Overlord (since february 2016)
    Thornblade (r.i.p.) Emperor x3
    Azura's star Emperor x18
    Haderus Emperor x2
    EU Aldmeri sorcerer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taresgos wrote: »
    oh yeah, i would prefer return the deers instead of population increase. miss them :/

Apparently some survived the genocide, one is even hiding up a tree.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I too would love to know what the actual numbers for each campaign is, or at least a reason why we are no longer privy to that information.

I would love to see Cyrodiil back to the state it used to be at, including deer and torchbugs, it feels so empty most of the time now (even before IC release made it a wasteland).

Thinking about this over the last couple of days, I figure that it is probably a pretty low number. Like really really really low. It would not surprise me that they have been steadily reducing it for months now as part of making lag better while they fix it. How many people come to attack and defend at a major keep battle in your campaign? That might be more than half of the entire campaign population.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on queue and population numbers we have opted to increase the population caps slightly on Campaigns in the US/EU on PC/Mac to help relieve some of the queue pressure. Our current suite of Campaigns on the EU and US will remain as is for the time being.

Please, we need more campaigns. Many are still poplocked on an almost daily basis for significant periods of time. People experience massive lag while in IC, both above and below ground. I know you folks probably love seeing those little lock icons, but we players do not.

A few more campaigns would go a long way towards letting us spread out a little more.

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to consolidate VR NA 7 day campaigns. Low pop mechanics are being exploited well beyond their intentions. Minimal effort maximum rewards.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city has absolutely nothing to do with cyrodiil. Just let pve'ers have it now and give us back cyrodiil to what it used to be.

i still dont feel comfortable playing somewhere and knowin the pooulation is split between 3 huge maps. Its hard to find enemies except one campaign.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the population caps.

I was able to instantly get 40 people into a two bar campaign without locking it.

I wish I had the numbers organised to really test how many people move a bar on a campaign and find the caps, or that ZOS would just come out and tell us.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Lag isn't gone, same as ever now raids have come back to cyro might want to reconsider the pop cap raise if you cant do anything about it.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)