The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

XP loss for crafting using stolen items?

LordSemaj
LordSemaj
✭✭✭✭✭
Prior to the patch I've raised my blacksmithing and other crafts to rank 21 using stolen gear and the stuff I loot. As long as the stolen gear had a value attached it would give about the same deconstruct XP as any dropped white items of similar level. Thousands of xp at this rank. Now after the patch, all the gear is giving about 130xp per deconstruct when 43,000 is needed to level.

I don't see anything about this in the patch notes yet it's a big hit to a solo crafter as the stolen items were a main source of leveling xp. I'm deconstructing steel items I find for 1200+ xp while stolen orichalcum gear with a value attached is a tenth of that.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was just looking into that. Looks like they nerved the inspiration for stolen items a ton.
    It's not worth doing it any more at all except for the materials. They still seem to give the same amount of those at least.

Luckily my main crafters are already lvl 48+ and my EP characters don't have good spots for stealing anyway.
    I guess crating writs are the only decent way to level now apart from the stuff you find, unless you use several characters.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh... didn't you know? ZOS NEVER puts nerfs in patch notes... they aren't that honest with us.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried laundering an item and after that, it gave the usual inspiration.
    Level 37 bracer:
    before laundering: 200 inspiration
    after laundering: 2001 inspiration

I'm not quite sure, but I think they are worth a lot less now as well (only 5 for that bracer). Which makes them worse for selling, but cheaper to launder for decon.
  • Psych32
    Psych32
    I'll try the launder method to see if it works, if it didnt that would be game breaking for me. Most of my friends and guild mates stopped playing the game regularly so I didnt have people to trade with. Also, randoms in the main towns dont want to trade low level items