The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

seeking help with vampirism...i have it

montizzle303
montizzle303
Soul Shriven
Ok so I got vampirism 2 levels ago. My problem is that the skill itself doesn't seem to be leveling at all. I have done side quests I have the one skill in the tool bar several other skills leveled already but vampirism hasn't budged..... is it tied to the main quest like would magic is? Can some one please help...
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do the quest to finalize the turn? Kill the 10 level 38s?
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Options
  • iclownz
    iclownz
    Soul Shriven
    Make sure you did the quest to kill the 10 cultists when you became a vampire. Also keep in mind, it does level very slowly compared to other skill lines. It took me about 4 days at 12 hours a day to get it leveled up just enough to bite someone. I became a vamp at about level 29. I hear it moves faster around level 38 for some reason.
    Main: lvl 47 Templar / Vampire / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
    Alt : lvl 4 Dragonknight / Werewolf / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
    Options
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    The mobs that infect you are level 40. The design of the bite is that you would likely not have it until you were around that level, so at lower levels it takes much longer to level the skill line. I got my bite at level 42 and it took me just 3 days (about 10-12 hours) of questing and mobs to level it all the way to 10. As long as you have completed the Scion of the Blood Matron quest line and had a vampire skill if your active skill bar then the vampire line will level.
    Options
  • montizzle303
    montizzle303
    Soul Shriven
    Did the quest for the matron killed all 10 mobs looks like its going to take me a while then seeing as I am lvl 6
    Didn't think that would matter though as my friend got his werewolf at 11 and he is rank 4 werewolf already
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    werewolves and vampires as different ... well in most cases

Michael-werepires-werewolf-vampire-hybrid-6864845-400-187.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the quest for the matron killed all 10 mobs looks like its going to take me a while then seeing as I am lvl 6
    Didn't think that would matter though as my friend got his werewolf at 11 and he is rank 4 werewolf already
    If you're level 6 it's going to take a looooooooooooooooooong time to level your Vampire skill line. So you're going to spend the next 20 or so levels with all of the weaknesses of being a vampire, and virtually none of the benefits. It levels based on the amount of XP you earn while having a vampire skill on your skill bar (faster if there's more than one vampire skill on your bar). It's scaled to level based on the assumption that you're about level 40 when you first become a vampire, so it levels at a reasonable speed if you're earning the amount of XP a level 40ish character earns. You're earning a lot less XP than that at level 6, so you're in for a really long time leveling it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)