The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No NPC voices

Twistboy
Twistboy
Soul Shriven
When talking to NPC's I am not hearing any dialogue. This has been happening since the very beginning. When I was in the prison cell ?Lyria? Never said a word to me, just opened the cell. I am also no hearing my own character making any noise. No grunting when swinging sword, no grunting when getting hit, etc. other sounds (ambient noises) are there. Anyone else having this issue?
  • spalding1968
    same with me and a few others
  • Camy
    Camy
    Soul Shriven
    And me
  • ladyrio1b14_ESO
    I have no audio either with the NPC dialogue.
  • thesaint1986
    thesaint1986
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issues
  • dewimg
    dewimg
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Worked for me in the beta but not in the live game!!!
  • AstylahAthrys
    AstylahAthrys
    Soul Shriven
    Same for me. It's a shame because there's apparently some impressive actors in the game and I was excited to hear it. Really excited for a patch to fix this.
  • Caput_Mortis
    Caput_Mortis
    Soul Shriven
    Yup same here in the XBone.
    I get the text but no Audio
    I checked all my level settings. I hadn't messed with them and all levels were up.
    Other audio is fine but this kind of kills the immersiveness of the game
  • EXENOGEN
    EXENOGEN
    Soul Shriven
    has anyone figured out how to fix this problem? Both my friends have the same issue... I've tried different combos of volume and nothing works...
  • EXENOGEN
    EXENOGEN
    Soul Shriven
    I'm playing on the xbox one
  • shovelhead67
    shovelhead67
    Soul Shriven
    I had same problem with no voice ,player sounds, etc.
    I unplugged xbox one, ext. Hard drive and started back up and all npc voices are back..
    good luck!!
  • emptygalaxies
    emptygalaxies
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, I had this problem today, and the followed shovelhead67's advice. Unplug your xbox and plug it back in. Mine worked after doing that.