The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sneaking Screwed Up Since Update! >.

Blade_07
Blade_07
✭✭✭✭
Wile in sneak mode you are crouched but now when you move you stand up, so how in the hell is that fricken sneaking and yes I know full well that you are still in sneak mode as far as the game is concerned??? wtf.gif Thats NOT sneaking Zenimax! Sneaking around on my NB WAS fun but when I move I no longer sneak but stand up. Looks absolutely F'ing STUPID!!! Why in the hell would you do something like that? OMG......why cant you people at Zenimax ever run these glorious changes you decide to make by your customers? Sneaking looks dumb as hell now! >.< Thanks the hell a lot for ruining another thing about the game that I liked!
smiley_angry019.gif

EDIT: This might be a bug with the Night's Silence armor set that got introduced with todays update.
Edited by Blade_07 on May 11, 2015 6:43PM
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you wearing sets, using skills/vampire which make you sneak faster?

This has always been the case with animations where once the character is moving at a fast enough speed they look like they're standing/running while sneaking.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sprinting?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't new. It has happened occasionally for quite a while especially if you use the Night's Silence set for no movement penalty while sneaking and you or someone near you activates Rapid Maneuver.

But it typically goes away. Are you saying it's permanent now?
    Options
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    If you are wearing Night's Silence, have Vamp passive Dark Stalker, or have Concealed Weapon slotted, your sneak movement speed is as fast a jogging, so you stand up. It makes sense to me. I like it.
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade_07 wrote: »
    Wile in sneak mode you are crouched but now when you move you stand up, so how in the hell is that fricken sneaking and yes I know full well that you are still in sneak mode as far as the game is concerned??? wtf.gif Thats NOT sneaking Zenimax! Sneaking around on my NB WAS fun but when I move I no longer sneak but stand up. Looks absolutely F'ing STUPID!!! Why in the hell would you clowns do something like that? OMG......why cant you people at Zenimax ever run these glorious changes you decide to make by your customers? Sneaking looks dumb as hell now! >.< Thanks the hell a lot for ruining another thing about the game that I liked!
    smiley_angry019.gif

lol
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This has always been the case with animations where once the character is moving at a fast enough speed they look like they're standing/running while sneaking.

Yeah, I'm using the Night's Silence armor set that ignores the movement decrease wile sneaking. But I was always crouched down wile moving until now with this crappy update.
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Are you sprinting?

No

Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm using the Night's Silence armor set that ignores the movement decrease wile sneaking. But I was always crouched down wile moving until now with this crappy update.

Think you are going to be ok?

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    This isn't new. It has happened occasionally for quite a while especially if you use the Night's Silence set for no movement penalty while sneaking and you or someone near you activates Rapid Maneuver.

But it typically goes away. Are you saying it's permanent now?

Yes, its permanent now. And I would randomly stand up wile sneaking but it was hardly ever at all. Most the time I was crouched the whole time wile moving.

Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has taken realism and thrown it out the damn window! Its awful looking!!! I cant even begin to imagine how they could ever think that this would be cool or look OK. Disbelief.gif

Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just thought about something. This might be a bug that got added with the update.

Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a bug or new with this update. The bug was that you didn't see this happen before, but with nights silence set this is working as intended.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    This isn't a bug or new with this update. The bug was that you didn't see this happen before, but with nights silence set this is working as intended.

Well, I never had this issue with the Night's Silence armor set until today after the update. Now my character stands upright running wile in sneak mode. How can this be considered sneaking wile standing up running? Its completely the apposite of sneaking.

Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »

IDK if he's gonna make it. :p
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually noticed my character standing up while in sneak mode since the update as well. This is only when I'm stealing items though, not using Night's Silence. Maybe related?

Basically, sometimes when I steal from containers and loot the items, my toon stands up for about half a second before returning to the regular crouched position. Just the animation is happening, I'm staying in sneak mode the whole time. Not sure this happened at all before today's patch.
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every new update I swear it feels like they are toying with the stamina drain rate for sneaking. I don't have any numbers or anything but man it always feels like my stam just evaporates more than it usually does.
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I never had this issue with the Night's Silence armor set until today after the update. Now my character stands upright running wile in sneak mode. How can this be considered sneaking wile standing up running? Its completely the apposite of sneaking.

The alternative is better? Moving fast while hunched over like some spazztic hunchback?
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭

The alternative is better? Moving fast while hunched over like some spazztic hunchback?

Ummm, my character never looked any thing close to that wile in sneak mode. It looked very real. It made me feel like I was being sneaky and I liked that a lot but its screwed up now.

Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

lol, yeah I know I'm coming across on this a bit hard but I hate it when you get use to something and then it gets changed for the worse. Also the last couple days have been REALLY bad for me so I was like hanging by a thread on my last nerve!

Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, Night's Silence set no longer makes it look like you're walking with a load in your guards while sneaking.
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh gawd, ty for the laugh (im not laughing at you) I just really needed a good chuckle, and I got it. So, yeah, thanks for that ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Anemonean
    Anemonean
    ✭✭✭
    did you recently morph your veiled strike to concealed weapons?

There's a threshold of your speed in relation to the crouching animation (its been this way for a long time)

for example:

you sneak normally with no enhancements, animation plays normally.

if you add to that the vampire skill or night's silence set you sneak normally but the animation is faster

if you add anything else to that (rapid m., concealed weapons, anything that gives you the major expedition buff) you'll still be sneaking but it will change to the run animation.

I personally would rather my character run than look like I'm shuffling at super speed like some crouching oddjob fool in n64 goldeneye. But that's just me.
    Calling all thieves, check out my Lockbox maps: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com

Also announcing the all new Legerdemain & Thievery guide: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/Guide

And an all new work of fiction based on the maps: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/Story
    Options
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anemonean wrote: »
    did you recently morph your veiled strike to concealed weapons?

There's a threshold of your speed in relation to the crouching animation (its been this way for a long time)

for example:

you sneak normally with no enhancements, animation plays normally.

if you add to that the vampire skill or night's silence set you sneak normally but the animation is faster

if you add anything else to that (rapid m., concealed weapons, anything that gives you the major expedition buff) you'll still be sneaking but it will change to the run animation.

I personally would rather my character run than look like I'm shuffling at super speed like some crouching oddjob fool in n64 goldeneye. But that's just me.

No extra buffs just the Night's Silence gear. I'm glad that you like it but I just cant see how running = sneaking so it looks and feels screwed up to me. I loved the sneak animation at higher speed. I felt like a bad ars NB thats gunna mess some sheet up in a hurry. Well, each to his own. ^^

Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they lowered the threshold for the animation? It's the default on my NB, but she's combining steed stone, concealed weapon and the Fjord set. I never thought of it as silly, more like going into ninja sprint mode.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Honestly, crouching is only beneficial to hiding.
    It's a lot easier to be silent when standing up straight, and far less conspicuous.

That being said... I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, it just doesn't seem like a big deal.
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been a vampire on my NB since for months, use the vamp skills and champion points to speed up my sneaking to a point that I can sneak almost as fast as a slow horse... when I go into sneak I crouch down, start to move and stand up and run (can't sprint and sneak at the same time) but I can "Sneak" up on a wolf at a dead run, and it's been like that since I got the vampire passive... needless to say, I don't think it's a bug introduced with this patch unless the <Hidden> tag is going away.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • Dragsooth
    Dragsooth
    ✭✭
    This is new after the update, all you need is Darkstalker perk for it to happen. Darkstalker never used to be enough to make your character stand up while sneaking and now it's all you need.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well tbh I don't mind that much :-) as others have mentioned, it does look better instead of crouching super speed
    Options
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

rofl

Nope, definitely not.
    Options
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just run silently like a ninja. It's cool! You don't need to put that much pressure on your back!
    Options