The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Weird Controls Lag

Macalar
Macalar
Soul Shriven
Hi,

A few days ago I've started to experience this strange problem - controls occasionally become unresponsive for a few seconds. More specifically, I can't move the camera using my mouse and I can't move my character using WASD keys, but I can still use abilities. After a few seconds, the camera shifts to where it should have been if the game registered my mouse moves, and controls become responsive again. This is not purely a mouselook problem - if the game becomes unresponsive while my character is strafing, it continues to strafe no matter what keys I press. I observe this problem both in dungeons and while running around in Wayrest (I haven't done any other content since I started experiencing this bug). It doesn't seem to be latency related - my latency is never higher than 150 and my group mates never complained about any lags.

I wonder if any other players also have this bug, or maybe someone knows how to fix it?

Thanks!
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Macalar !

We've created a customer support ticket for you so that one of our agents can help directly address your specific system for troubleshooting! In the meantime, some players who have reported a similar issue are able to get it resolved by using /reloadui in game.

If you are using a gaming mouse and keyboard setup, you can also try temporarily disabling any profile management software (like Razer Synapse) while in game to see if that may help resolve it for you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Macalar
    Macalar
    Soul Shriven
    OK, I've done some more testing and here's what I've learned:

My mouse becomes unresponsive when I press and hold any of the movement keys (WSAD) for about 2-3 seconds. It becomes responsive again as soon as I release the key. It never becomes unresponsive when I use the Autorun key or when I sprint by holding SHIFT+W.

Disabling my Logitech mouse+keyboard software didn't fix the problem, disabling all my ESO addons also didn't help.

Finally, I was able to fix the problem by running the game as administrator. (Right click the launcher EXE, choose "Run as administrator".) As far as I know, this prevents other applications that aren't run as administrator from intercepting keyboard/mouse input. Therefore, my theory is that I have some virus/trojan/keylogger that intercepts my keyboard input but does it imperfectly, which causes this weird behaviour.

I hope this info helps other players that encounter a similar problem.
  • Ghanth
    Ghanth
    ✭✭
    Hi,

None of the "tricks" worked: Run game as admin and relaod UI did nothing better here and the controls are lagging like hell.
    Game is unplayable actualy.

win 7
    Ram 8 Go
    Gtx 780
    R.a.t 5 mouse